1.5 AND 1.6 update

1.50 Update:

Posted by Confrontation Online Team

The 1.50 Update for SOCOM: Confrontation is feature complete and currently in test. Due to the number and scope of the feature set of 1.50 the testing cycle has taken longer than anticipated. We remain committed to releasing this patch as soon as the remaining open issues are resolved. It is extremely important to us to make sure the 1.50 update is as problem free as possible when it is released and we are working towards that goal rather than pushing it out as is on a specific date.

A number of features in 1.50 are of such a scale that it will not be possible for us to fully predict how they will behave before public deployment. An example of this is the tournaments, each of which can accommodate 1000s of players. To account for this, we will ramp the size and number of tournaments during the first weeks after release to monitor and address any issues which may arise. We have also been working on a 1.60 Update which will incorporate any fixes that are required as Tournaments and Clan Ladders become fully populated.

FREE Downloadable Content:

We are happy to announce that the 1.60 Update will also contain additional features and content. We’ve heard your requests for new content and we are happy to provide free downloadable content with the 1.60 update. The following free Downloadable Content will be available to all players:

New Special Forces: The Dutch KCT and the Italian COMSUBIN Special Forces. Each Force includes new heads and voice + a light, medium and heavy variant of their own torso and legs (each with a unique camouflage pattern).

Two new primary weapons will be immediately accessible to players who select to play as the new Special Forces; the 417 assault rifle for the Dutch KCT and the SPAS 15 shotgun for the Italian COMSUBIN Special Forces.

Four new weapons will be available to all players regardless of assigned Special Force. These are the 9mm Sub Machine Gun, M82A1A, Ak-74 and SR-25. The 1.60 will also include a number of weapon updates and adjustments to existing weapons.

In addition to the free DLC included with the 1.60 update we are also working to add 100% Random Medleys in the 1.60 update. We know this is a highly requested feature and we really want to get it out to you.

More DLC coming! - We can also confirm that we have been working on a major content release/pack. Look for an announcement later in the month.

We will release more information on Patch 1.6 after 1.5 has been released.

Guest CplKoontz
Sgt.JoeFriday ]

1.50 Update:

Posted by Confrontation Online Team

The 1.50 Update for SOCOM: Confrontation is feature complete and currently in test. Due to the number and scope of the feature set of 1.50 the testing cycle has taken longer than anticipated. We remain committed to releasing this patch as soon as the remaining open issues are resolved. It is extremely important to us to make sure the 1.50 update is as problem free as possible when it is released and we are working towards that goal rather than pushing it out as is on a specific date.

A number of features in 1.50 are of such a scale that it will not be possible for us to fully predict how they will behave before public deployment. An example of this is the tournaments, each of which can accommodate 1000s of players. To account for this, we will ramp the size and number of tournaments during the first weeks after release to monitor and address any issues which may arise. We have also been working on a 1.60 Update which will incorporate any fixes that are required as Tournaments and Clan Ladders become fully populated.

FREE Downloadable Content:

We are happy to announce that the 1.60 Update will also contain additional features and content. We’ve heard your requests for new content and we are happy to provide free downloadable content with the 1.60 update. The following free Downloadable Content will be available to all players:

New Special Forces: The Dutch KCT and the Italian COMSUBIN Special Forces. Each Force includes new heads and voice + a light, medium and heavy variant of their own torso and legs (each with a unique camouflage pattern).

Two new primary weapons will be immediately accessible to players who select to play as the new Special Forces; the 417 assault rifle for the Dutch KCT and the SPAS 15 shotgun for the Italian COMSUBIN Special Forces.

Four new weapons will be available to all players regardless of assigned Special Force. These are the 9mm Sub Machine Gun, M82A1A, Ak-74 and SR-25. The 1.60 will also include a number of weapon updates and adjustments to existing weapons.

In addition to the free DLC included with the 1.60 update we are also working to add 100% Random Medleys in the 1.60 update. We know this is a highly requested feature and we really want to get it out to you.

More DLC coming! - We can also confirm that we have been working on a major content release/pack. Look for an announcement later in the month.

We will release more information on Patch 1.6 after 1.5 has been released.

Italian!!!!!! awsome..... also like the adding of the SR-25 and also the M82a1a

good to see they finanlly mentioned something.....sweet!

Maybe this game can actually go somewhere.

BacklasH ]

I'm ecstatic. M82 and SR-25 back, also an Italian faction, Viva Italia! Not only is it an Italian faction, BUT they have the SPAS-15, an upgrade over the SPAS-12 (USAS 12).

http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/sh06-e.htm

SPAS 12=/=USAS 12

http://world.guns.ru/shotgun/sh14-e.htm

SPAS 15

Type: Selective semi-auto (Gas operated, rotating bolt) or manual pump action

Gauge: 12

Chamber: 70mm (2 1/2").

Barrel length: 450 mm

Overall length: 1000 mm (750mm with butt folded)

Weight: 3.9 kg empty

Magazine: 6 rounds detachable box

yeah you guys are missing the point though. the new guns aren't coming out until the 1.6 patch. it has taken them how many months to release the 1.5 patch. hell, by the time they release 1.6 MAG and CODMW2 will be out. socom will be lucky to have 1000 people on per night because people will be sick of waiting. That's just my opinion, and it's a damn good one if you ask me.

Guest CplKoontz
Neoblackhound ]

I can wait like I always say I would rather play a broken Socom then play sorry ass CoD.

X2, although i will be buying both MW2 and MAG, they wont be played as much as socom will:)!

I am happy they finally said somethinh

• Directors

Ok I have posted on the socom boards about this but here is my take...

I wiill admit that QA is what killed the 1.5 patch, and QA prob killed the Clan Ladder functions from releasing with the original game... The community pushed and pushed for the release and if you remeber though it was not active the beta showed the clan ladders in it...

I feel that many are reading the 1.6 patch purpose wrong... 1.5 is going to come out complete but the clan ladder will not be pushed to its limits until everyone gets in there. They apparently do not have enough to mimic 9k players using the clan ladder. So once they release 1.5 and we all jump on the clan ladder and push it past the limits tested so far, they are prepared to make adjustments to that with 1.6. It will probably be minor in comparison to what had to be done to bring 1.5 online.

I will agree that the content on 1.5 is not really new news but they did admit that there are open issues... that is the first time they openly posted that. I know that on the S\6 twitter page last night they had posted that the final version was submitted for approval, but when I checked it today, the post was gone.

So they are very close.

I know QA can be a pain as I own an IT Company and we deal with delays from QA all the time. I am actually thankful that QA is putting it through the ringer...

So I am happy to sit back and wait...

How are we supposed to listen to this garbage???

"oh yea we're testing 1.5 maaaannn.... but just wait... that one's not good enough dude... 1.6 is the beast.. We've spent all this time in development for something that can already be called shitty. Just wait til we make you have to PAY for shit. And maaannn wait til you see these shitty new maps."

They're just stringing us along now..

I'm telling ya if I owed you money that's the same kind of things I would tell you. Especially you all! HAHA!

If I told you all that I was making Socom 4 on my home computer you all would be pre-ordering right now.

I know I'm being negative... It's 125 degrees here and I have sweat dripping from every part of my body. Friggin hot!

I'm telling ya if I owed you money that's the same kind of things I would tell you. Especially you all! HAHA!

If I told you all that I was making Socom 4 on my home computer you all would be pre-ordering right now.

I know I'm being negative... It's 125 degrees here and I have sweat dripping from every part of my body. Friggin hot!

Well great.. Why don't you go back to your CoD and leave the rest of us alone. If people want to be happy about what is coming... LET THEM.. You don't have to post your negativity. ::)

but they don't owe us money, which can be incrementally repaid, they owe us a completed game. people act like these guys are trying to decieve us to 'buy time'. they are in a race against the clock to get the game fixed and get DLC out before all of the non-diehards leave and there is no money to be made. at this point in time, we (us & /6) all want the same thing: for socom to be great again.