Google Voice

Anyone else excited about this? Just search Google Voice and you'll see if you havn't heard.

Finally full control over your calls.... I get tons of telemarketer calls even though I'm on the do not call list. But now I'll have better control of the calls I allow. Very cool... Plus a ton of other stuff.

Check it out.

Anyone else excited about this? Just search Google Voice and you'll see if you havn't heard.

Finally full control over your calls.... I get tons of telemarketer calls even though I'm on the do not call list. But now I'll have better control of the calls I allow. Very cool... Plus a ton of other stuff.

Check it out.

http://www.google.com/googlevoice/about.html

Well, a regular site might get you 5 bucks a month based off of traffic, but google receives millions of hits every day. Their ads are what make them their money. While you may receive $5, they may receive $5 million over the same period. They're pretty much doing what Microsoft did... offer shit for free and take over the world.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
MarauderHD ]

I got mine today but I have questions...

When it calls like my home or work number. (not the Google number)

Does the Google voice then do something with the call?

Or do I have to give out the Google phone number to get this stuff to work?

i am also confuse on how it works

It looks like ahuge amount of peeps got it today or yesterday. I got my second invite today. Ive had this for a couple weeks now and got another invite...weird.

You say hey whats your number....I tell you mine, you call it and I can set it to do a number of things....record the call is one of those things. Listen to the message your leaving is another. Forward it to certain real phones is another. go check it out.

I wasn't able to set up my account, maybe someone here might have additional info.

It said my area code (907) had no numbers available, so I chose a number in Chicago.

Then when I tried to do the test call, it wouldnt ring through to my cell or landline here in Anchorage.

I'm wondering if its just a case of SOL for those in HI and AK? Or am I missing something?

Major.ArmStrong ]
MarauderHD ]

I got mine today but I have questions...

When it calls like my home or work number. (not the Google number)

Does the Google voice then do something with the call?

Or do I have to give out the Google phone number to get this stuff to work?

i am also confuse on how it works

Google # is like your second number that you give out. It connects straight to your phones like you house or mobile phone. Both your google and regular #'s work. With the google number if you have it on your mobile phone, you could send out texts to your buddy and when they respond back it would go through you google number Via computer and you mobile phone. If you want to make a call from your house phone to any where around the country, you can use you google voice to call. You put the number you want dialed and it will call that number along with calling your house or mobile phone, which ever you have set up. You can also use it on international calls which can save you money. You can use your google number with people you don't really know or telemarketers. Block their Calls ;D