Confederations Cup Final USA vs Brazil

USA played like trash the second half. Their play in the second half proved why they aren't one of the elite teams of the world. They became sloppy and let Brazil take over the box constantly. They couldn't handle the pressure of Brazil's offense and choked. It wasn't even on Howard because he played a hell of a game.. just sloppy defense

Xx-CHURCHY-xX ]

USA played like trash the second half. Their play in the second half proved why they aren't one of the elite teams of the world. They became sloppy and let Brazil take over the box constantly. They couldn't handle the pressure of Brazil's offense and choked. It wasn't even on Howard because he played a hell of a game.. just sloppy defense

exactly it was like a totaly different game in the second half very disappointing but I did not think they would make it this far its defiently a step in the right direction for USA soccer. They are no where near the caliber of players form

Brazil and gave them a run for there money and they did beat Spain thats a plus. Now they have to concentrate on qualifying for the World Cup.

this is what mystifies me.....

US gets mopped by costa rica, ties with my home country of el salvador, and has been playing pretty crappy all through the worldcup qualifying games, then loses to italy, brazil. then somehow beats Spain the #1 ranked team in FIFA who went on like a 20 something win streak, only to lose once more to brazil who has been playing abysmally for the past few months!!! I for one am very disappointed in the way all these teams have been playing recently, however it just goes to show how unexpectedly a match can turn in favor of any team. So really when u look at it it should make for a very interesting 2010 World Cup, and I am sincerely hoping either Spain or Italy reign supreme in the end.

Yeah. Well let's just hope USA can actually qualify for the Cup. They're 2nd right now behind Costa Rica so they got some work to do.

The Confed cup was definitely a good way to see how some teams are going to be playing and how things might shape out in the future. Brazil won it without Ronaldinho and with Luis Fabiano leading the Cup in goals.

In the end, it'll most likely be a Euro team to win (Spain) but I would love to see Italy make a run in the cup. It'll all be interesting.. some teams aren't playing up to par, some teams are playing above their level. Just one more year!

soccer gets a bad rep cause of how the players fake injuries. what people fail to realize when they trash it, is that its all done for a reason, like getting another player ejected or getting a last minute equalizing penalty shot or drawing the game out to maintain the lead. its an art form within itself because if the ref sees them milk it too hard or too obviously they end up getting carded or ejected themselves.

frankly i dont go around trashing other sports, to each his own. plus soccer isnt really a sport for sissies if have ever played in a real team then u know theres always elbows, punches, kicks and tripping when the ref's back is turned and he's busy looking elsewhere. if ur able to take a beating and also give out beatings, run for 90 minutes while passing, shooting and dribbling the come talk to me.