Thank You UF for 6 months of good times

This will be my final post on Urgent Fury. I have had fun participating in Black and Chain Reaction and this is the most well thought out and organized tournament I have ever participated in. That being said there are a few flaws, and since admin is about to change, and my clan won't be participating here, I figured what the hell, I might as well share my thoughts. Maybe the next admin will take this into consideration.

First, i believe having "Staff" that are active members in the tournament they are supposed to be a non-partial referee in, is not at all the way to handle the tournaments here. Many times in chain reaction several clans needed a response form some staff member regarding a problem. It often took hours to receive a response, mostly because all the staff members were in wars of their own. When I was a [JyK] clan rep, we waited one night for more than 2 hours to even start a war because we were waiting for a response. Staff members should be members from other UF clans that are not participating in that particular tournament. They should be available during the week's set war times to resolve disputes and answer questions in a timely

Second, several times I noticed rules applying to separate clans differently, and most of the time it was a clan that a staff member was a member of. again, this is where not allowing a staff members clan to participate in a tournament would prevent many problems. An instance occurred where a custom game invite was sent late by a clan, and the other clan was forced to forfeit, yet when this same thing happened by a clan with a staff member on it, nothing was said when it was brought up. Clans should all be treated equally, regardless of their history or if they have been the perpetrator of some rule violations or not. Clans should be treated equally regardless of how long they have been in the community, how many staff members are on their roster, or how many disputes they have been in.

Third, i believe in a more democratic way of handling disputes, rather than a single person making every final decision. When there is a dispute, let the 2 clan reps make a single post giving as much detail as they feel is necessary. If they leave something out, that is their fault and that information will not be taken into consideration. After the 2 reps make their argument/case, allow the other clan reps, or a panel of staff members (again not involved in the tournament) to make a decision. Allowing a single person, whether it undertow or a primary tournament staff member, to have the power to make decisions is not fair. A single person allows their possibly jaded opinion, feelings, or past experiences cloud their judgment. I can hear it now that this is hypocritical to say that staff members should be online to handle disputes quickly, but this can still be done. A staff member in charge of the overall tournament can still be online to solve minor disputes, and clan would could be delayed if both reps can not agree with the staff members decision. My point is this can be done.

Again, I have enjoyed my time here at UF and have no hard feelings toward anyone. I hope my comments will bring some needed change to the community and that they are not looked upon as insulting comments, but constructive criticism. My intentions are not to cause drama, but to fix some of the issues i have dealt with through my time here.

I know some will say i am just angry that my clan was disqualified from hell week.... and yes i am. Even after providing proof that my clan was unjustly removed, the decision still stood. I have been an active member here for a while and I believe i did not get the respect or consideration I deserved. If you do not believe me, take the time to read the D*F hell week posts. though i was not able to make my final plea in the hell week report section, i will say i provided pictures that my clan attempted to join the war room not only on time, but 15 minutes early, and was not given the chance to. But what's done is done. I have enjoyed my time here and wish everyone luck in the future. I will see many of you around in other tournaments and on socom.

[D*F] SUP3RMAN_GA aka [JyK] ELI1TE--SNIP3R

Though we always appreciate thoughts from players and clans from the community, I will have to address some of your thoughts here, as some of them are kind of baseless and coming out of left field.

I will answer each to your bullet points and make them as short and concise as possible.

1: Any Staff that are active in a tournament because their clan is participating in the tourney ARE non-partial referees in...simply because they DON'T referee ANY situation where their clan is involved. The Staff we have implemented here in UF are trusted by Sniper and I. They weren't trusted when they were picked, they EARNED our trust through the jobs they did in their respective roles. As far as I'm concerned (as last I checked, until the end of July, my concern around these parts is usually law), each and every member of this UF Staff has performed their duties FLAWLESSLY. Typically (though not solely), whenever someone had a complaint towards one of our Staff members, that someone was usually upset at a ruling that didn't go their way. With the amount of deliberations that go on with each decision handed down, that usually meant the ruling wasn't SUPPOSED to go their way either.

2: Rules do NOT apply differently to different clans. And this "most of the time it was a clan that a staff member was a member of" is completely inane. I find this "thought" of yours less a thought and more of a baseless accusation. Here at Urgent Fury, we have always maintained a position of NOT deleting instances and posts. That being said, I would give your thought here much more weight and attention if you decided to name off a bullet list of these instances where "most of the time" unfair decisions involved clans of Staff members. I find this to be a cheap shot statement. Not cheap in that you believe in it...but cheap in that you have nothing to back it up. I especially feel that it's even more on the side of baseless that a statement beginning with "most of the time" here in UF is being made by someone with a clan tag that does NOT ring familiar with me. I've been at the helm here of UF for quite some time now and have had the privilege of meeting MANY a great clan tag in these parts....[D*F] is not one of those I would say has "been here" a long time. If you're referring to your time spent in UF with [JyK] as well...well...let's just say that particular clan tag, though it may be filled with a few nice guys here and there, has been working in overdrive to better their name around these parts. Whether or not they ever successfully pull themselves from the mire is solely up to them in regard to what sweet time they would like to take doing it...but your mentioned resume here in UF, in conjunction with your baseless and disgruntled accusation here in this thread, leads me not to weigh your opinion too heavily today.

3: We can't really do things much more democratically than how we already do it. You want democratic? You have two guys, not one, running this tourney for the pure pleasure of thousands. You want democratic? You have a Staff comprised of between 6-9 DISTINGUISHED and respected, long-term clans here at the helm of various tourneys running for the pure pleasure of thousands. You want democratic? You have these individuals deliberating with ONE ANOTHER over the PROPER course of action to take on each and every situation that arises here in UF...and those decisions are monitored by the creators of this tourney for purposes of quality assurance. You want democratic? You found it. Or perhaps, like many angry, senseless people nowadays across the world, you cry foul on true democracy only when it doesn't quite go your way.

I'm glad you enjoyed your time here at Urgent Fury, for whatever time you spent here.

Know that those working behind the scenes have enjoyed their time making sure players like you enjoy your time here.

But clans that do not make it through their Hell Week do not make it for a REASON.

You're being judged, not by 6-9 Staff members of UF, but over 20-30 upstanding members of YOUR DESIRED PEERS. Players who have paid their dues here at Urgent Fury and want nothing more than to preserve the sanctity of this community, making sure the play AND the respect/attitude of incoming new players remain INTACT. Just because YOU might be a great, respectful and honest player doesn't necessarily mean that trait was followed by EVERY member of your clan during your Hell Week process. You're not the ONLY player on your 8-man rotating team throughout the week. You can claim until you're blue in the face that you "know" each and every single one of your players are mirror copies of you and your virtue...but I've done this long enough and am enough of a realist to never believe this for a millisecond.

This community, UF, is a collective of like-minded clans and players...but in NO WAY is this some snooty, uber-reclusive club. We LIKE new clans coming to this community. We WANT new clans coming to this community. But they have to be the RIGHT clans...and "right" here at Urgent Fury has ALWAYS meant "honest, respectful and good-natured." If a clan doesn't make their one small week of Hell Week here at Urgent Fury, they should not be so quick to blast this long-standing tourney and community....but rather take a minute, pour a drink, a look at their own clan instead.

Most hotheads won't, though.

And that's ok...because again, that trait doesn't always fall into that "right" category with us.

I never seem to be able to get these "short, concise" messages to be short enough.

If I had to tally up the total hours spent writing these things out..... ::)

Anyway......

Take care.

- TOW

Exactly why would someone come here. Is asked to be on the staff, and say well I guess I don't get to compete in the tournament with my clan. makes no sense. The staff members are here to compete like everyone else. You think JyK was the only clan needing rulings.

And when you get democratic styles of governing you think everyone will walk away happy? No

No one will understand completely and there is someone that thinks one way is better then anothers. If you have one person or 2 that is the governing body it is fair for everyone. Everyone will get the same treatment and the rulings will be based off one person.

Yea, a few facts would have helped your story. lol

But since there aren't any, thats how credibility either builds or fails.

I am the most middle of the road guy here on Staff, since i don't play this garbage game called Socom, but it also means i look at everything with an open mind.. and don't think i haven't ruffled more than a few feathers with issues being discussed in the Staff section..

There are some Staff members that might not be the best of friends, but you can be assured the RIGHT rulings are made. ;)

Sorry it didn't go your way.. I'm sure then you wouldn't have any complaints. lol

As Red said.. nothing is ever going to run perfect, but i think we do the best job that can be done.. and if you want some bullet points, keep talkin. lol

I feel sympathetic for King Junk, I’ve tried more than any staff member here to help him and his clan to become a respectable UF clan. Yet JyK seems to have more clan members then any other that want to drag King’s name out and speak out against UF on behalf of JyK even though often times their clan leader doesn’t hold the same opinion nor condone their actions.

My Clan [PBK] hasn’t been in a tournament here at UF since COD4 and before that since the second tac-map tourney. However I check these forums daily and when my console is working I’m usually online during tournaments and not involved in play. But I don’t *Referee. None of the Staff Referees here at UF. At UF it is you and your peers that referee themselves. The staff deliberates on disputes and staff members whose clans are involved in a dispute are excluded from any debate involving their clan. There are no referees because this isn’t GB. Goat there if you want biased referees. Having been on the staff for quite a while now your statements sort of pissed me off since I’ve seen the care and worry the entire administration takes in concerns to staying as impartial as possible. Undertow took a lot of time in answering your post and I’m usually of the mind to be as polite and apprehensive as possible in these situations. But in my opinion the majority of your post doesn’t deserve a response and in this case I say see you later and “Don’t let the door hit you in the ass on the way outâ€

Goat ]

I feel sympathetic for King Junk, I’ve tried more than any staff member here to help him and his clan to become a respectable UF clan. Yet JyK seems to have more clan members then any other that want to drag King’s name out and speak out against UF on behalf of JyK even though often times their clan leader doesn’t hold the same opinion nor condone their actions.

My Clan [PBK] hasn’t been in a tournament here at UF since COD4 and before that since the second tac-map tourney. However I check these forums daily and when my console is working I’m usually online during tournaments and not involved in play. But I don’t *Referee. None of the Staff Referees here at UF. At UF it is you and your peers that referee themselves. The staff deliberates on disputes and staff members whose clans are involved in a dispute are excluded from any debate involving their clan. There are no referees because this isn’t GB. Goat there if you want biased referees. Having been on the staff for quite a while now your statements sort of pissed me off since I’ve seen the care and worry the entire administration takes in concerns to staying as impartial as possible. Undertow took a lot of time in answering your post and I’m usually of the mind to be as polite and apprehensive as possible in these situations. But in my opinion the majority of your post doesn’t deserve a response and in this case I say see you later and “Don’t let the door hit you in the ass on the way outâ€

i just goat a chubby. ;D

Goat ]

This guy was an ex member of JyK.... I believe he is representing a different clan tag.

not that I am trying to rock the boat or anything. nor do I want a 4 paragraph response from Goat ;):)

I’m retired Max, I blew out the left knee in the MN state championships in 2003 during a sparring match. The form I used to win the Diamond Nationals in my division in 1999, as well as a number of tournaments throughout 00, 01 and 02 is titled “The Swirling Tiger†it is a deviation of Grand Master Clifford Crandall’s “The Swirling Dragonâ€. http://amai-eaglestyle.com/SchoolBackground/ccc.html

He has a Tonfa Video and corresponding book, and although the majority of the video is sort of a self portrait with him doing a lot of talking about himself… towards the end of it he demonstrates the form that earned him the title “The Tonfa Masterâ€. Find it at amazon or ebay or some other place and play it on slow play to pick up some of the techniques and by incorporating them into some of your own moves develop your own form. Crandall’s form is a bit outdated and in mine I included some kicks and a bit of aerobatics while developing it. It was a much more modern version. I never left a tournament with anything lower than a second place trophy when I used it. I wished the boy had taken over for me but he decided on the “Bo†as his choice of instruments instead. Of course he’s fourteen now but here’s his promo poster from when he was ten. These days I let him handle all my light work… LOL

aDJMKA.jpg

p.s. I know he has new tags Times.. but he was a clan rep for JyK while mostly here at UF and I felt he was speaking form his experience with that role more than others. Of course I could be wrong.. but that’s the vibe I got.

z-Prime-z ]
Goat ]
Sgt.JoeFriday ]

THE FORM OF.....Chuck Norris!!

LOL in my prime I could have gave Chuck a run for his money.. :P ok ok.. nawww who am I kidding.. Chuck would have kicked my ass! :'(

Was Chuck even born when you were in your "prime"? LOL J/K

oh ha ha! very funny... quite amusing..

you know Nebraska isn't that far away from me Primemeathead!!

;) J/K actually I gotta give yah props on that one.. good one bro.. LOL.