State Champions!!

I have been coaching baseball for years, and finally this year is the big one.

We participated in the USSSA class AA 13 and under Iowa state championship this past weekend. We entered the tournament ranked 19th in the state of Iowa.

After going 3-0 in pool play, we were seeded #2 overall for the tournament.

The quarter final round, and the semi final round, we came back from a 6 run deficit to win the game in the bottom of the last inning!! Those coaches were PISSED!!

We won the championship game 17-8. The other team ran out of pitching. Fortunately I have 11 boys on my roster, and 11 of them pitch. LOL! When I got to the championship game, both my starters still had 5 and 6 innings they could still pitch. My closers still had a combined 7 innings left. LMAO!

Anyway, this is MY first state title as a head coach, and its the FIRST state title ever brought to the Quad City Heat organization, which is in its 7th season. Awesome time!!

IMG_7539.jpg

Congrats man. My oldest is just now getting to the age of sports. I want to coach as well. Having Girls I HOPE they go with softball. But we are starting with Rec soccer this year 5 and under.

But Congrats man. Next season, you might have a line of folks wanting to join your team....LOL

WEED-NAZI ]

yeah congrates and you should of posted something sooner.you could of had guys from uf that live near by come out for support

Dang, I didn't even think about that. I was so damn focused on the tournament, nothing else was on my mind, but strategy.

Next year!!

i has coached girls softball for 3 years now, and they are a handful. we won the b-bracket since we play in a small park in the mid season tournament. it was fun. But they are way harder to coach then boys. they dont have the same go all out mentality as most young boys have, and they dont like getting dirty.

congrats on the win.