Hey UF,

My boss asked me the other day if I could help search google for a rim recipe/instructions to make a mojito rimmer, now I have searched quite a bit and I can only find the ones you buy for $5 or so. (She thinks thats expensive and wants to make her own).

Does anyone know how to make a good rimmer for the glass????

HIGH_TIMESsw ]

Mojito is a rum based chick drink.

garnished with mint and other stuff...

but the they dip the rim of the glass in a sugery subtance (most likely sugar cane)

Companies make the stuff for your' date=' but I was looking for a recipe.

ps: I am well aware of how "Rimmer" sounds heh

[/quote']You're looking for a recipe for sugar..!? :P

actually a classic mojito is rimmed with sugar. You just dip the rim in lime juice or lemon juice and dip it in sugar and garnish with a lime wedge. (Water works too) And they are delicious, Not just for chicks lol. I love a good mojito, most refreshing alcoholic beverage if you ask me.

Rim the glass with lemon juice and dip it in sugar... add a pinch of Cinnamon for that *special secret ingredient and call it it by your own name.. maybe "MoCimano"?

Buy a sack of sugar a twenty gallon tin of lemon juice and a bag of Cinnamon then mix your own small packets and sell it on Ebay for $10 a pop. I even have a slogan...

"When you Rim, use MoCim"

I figure your outlay is about $50 and you should be able to make about a thousand packets of product with a profit of $9,950 less eBay fees which brings it to about a $100 profit. Of course its all in the packaging.. ;)

ShadowOfaSolja ]

actually a classic mojito is rimmed with sugar. You just dip the rim in lime juice or lemon juice and dip it in sugar and garnish with a lime wedge. (Water works too) And they are delicious, Not just for chicks lol. I love a good mojito, most refreshing alcoholic beverage if you ask me.

Yes actually it is. lol

HIGH_TIMESsw ]

Maybe I should try one these' date=' then again who doesn't love straight Jack D. ^^

A mans drink. ;D

Chili-Palmer ]
ShadowOfaSolja ]

Yes actually it is. lol

HIGH_TIMESsw ]

Maybe I should try one these' date=' then again who doesn't love straight Jack D. ^^

A mans drink. ;D

A REAL mans Drink: 4 Shots

The Four Horsemen:

1 part Bourbon whiskey (Jim Beam)

1 part Tennessee whiskey (Jack Daniel's)

1 part Scotch whisky (Johnnie Walker Red)

1 part Tequila (Jose Cuervo) or Irish whiskey (Jameson Irish Whiskey)

BigMoneyNacku ]

WTF is a Mojito? :o

You need to try one.

More refreshing than a margarita after a long hot day under the sun on the sand volleyball courts.

And I do not agree that this is a chick drink. It's an everybody drink.

DAIQUIRIS AND ZIMA are chick drinks.

Get it right.

(And this is coming from the Guinness man..... ;D )

But nothing satisfies better after 8 hours of beach vball....

Undertow ]
BigMoneyNacku ]

WTF is a Mojito? :o

You need to try one.

More refreshing than a margarita after a long hot day under the sun on the sand volleyball courts.

And I do not agree that this is a chick drink. It's an everybody drink.

Word. If you had one and thought it was a bitch drink, the bartender that made it for you probably sucks balls. When made properly its not too sweet, is very crisp and has a nice subtle mint and lime flavor. pretty damn refreshing.

Just for clarification..

so a Mojito Rim topping isn't what happens when you're not using a condom and pull out just in time? :o

I have a friend who recently got out of jail and he said it was something else.. but I'm not going there.. :-X

Idly wonders if this topic and the "My situation, your opinions" thread could somehow be combined? ;)

Just don't use any sugar. Go to your local health food store and buy a bag of pure cane sugar. It's light brown and is in little square granules, bigger than regular white sugar granules. You might be able to find the stuff at your local grocer as well, particular places like Trader Joe's.

You can either rim the glass with the granules as they are, or grind them down into a consistency compared with white sugar and then rim the glasses. Either way, it's better tasting and if you use the granules as is, it adds a texture on the tongue with each sip and leaves something sweet in your mouth that really adds to the flavor of the actual drink.