Cross your fingers fellers

Tool_Minion ]

AND.........possible government recognition and reversal of the archaic ban set forth by the US government...

Word. If Cali pulls this off, I'd wager alot of other states will do the same thing, in turn forcing the Feds to grow the fuck up already. I'll be rooting for Cali come Nov. 2010.

Its already legal by State law, but not Federal, so i guesss that would be a BIG difference.

I dont see it becoming as legal as Alcohol though. it affects people around you so its not like you will be able to smoke it anywhere cigs are legal.

The only REAL reason pot isn't legal is that the government has found no CONSISTENT way to tax it. This would be the one step that would get the attention of Capital Hill....if this passes and Cali can profit, relying on the fact that it makes it less likely people would GROW their own seeing as how they could now just spend a little extra and BUY it........

We are a lazy nation. We don't grow our own corn, we go to the store and buy it. Cali is just smart enough to recognize the potential!

This is pretty exciting since we (Canada) lost our legalization battle. Our courts told the government to change the law, and they had one year, then the government ignored that lol...

this is good news though, to be truly free you should have the freedom of choice. They also neglected to mention the amount of money saved from looking for the 5.3 million pot plants they seized last year, detaining "Marijuana Criminals"... marijuana is not a crime and users should not be treated as criminals.

Think of the advantages this could have if they took the money spent on drug enforcement and put it into education.

They also say that drug use will go up by 30% if legalized due to dropping prices... that just means the same ppl will smoke more, not that new users will take over all that 30%. Statiscally, countries with legalized drugs have the same estimates of ppl who use drugs and abuse drugs than the same countries (netherlands) who have criminilize it, but the netherlands has a lot lower crime rate. ^^

This is good stuff, hope this goes through.

Yea "Medically" legal. lol

Shit a headache is good enough to get a prescription.. medical card, etc.

Technically it is only for medical use, but.. that is a pretty thin line. I could go get one right now, as a carrier to be able to transport it for a friend/family member.

I'll tell you what i have noticed though, a lot of the guys who were selling weed, have started selling it to the clubs (the collectives) so that already is a positive movement.

I dont smoke, but i would rather have it be taxed, & regulated so kids cant get it as easy. (not sure if this will actually do that or not)

*edit*

And yes the money that is being used to fight it, could be used in MANY other & better places.!!

They can get A LOT more fucked up from drinking than smoking.

The main difference is that smoking affects others around you, drinking doesn't.

So if they do start to allow it, it will still only be on private property, not in the streets, not outside of bars, not even in regular smoking sections (airports, etc)

NEO-X- ]

Honestly.. (and im not a smoker at all) they should have legalized this shit forever ago...

I mean drinking is legal' date=' and people can get just as fucked up from that by abusing it as they can by smokin..

its just more politics as usual...

meh.. my 2 cents..

[/quote']

When's the last time you heard of someone dying from weed poisoning people get high and tend to become more focus lol thats why people sit there blazing on Socom(No headache, and focus) besides from the giggles or munchies what really bad ever happens unless your dealing with dealers, drinking destroys the body and can kill you your friends your family other people.