NEED HELP WITH MICROSOFT EXCEL!!

I need some help, or suggestions on how to speed up the process of some work I am doing.

I keep, and have been keeping a running tally each and every month of each clans wins and losses, points made, rounds won and lost, yada yada yada. During the month, I will enter in date like this:

Clan wins losses rounds won draws rounds lost points

Now, when I go to week 2, I have to break out the old calclator and manually add the numbers to replace those from week one.

Is ther not an easier way to to this and let excel do the work? PLEASE help me. This takes waaaaay to much time.

Do you currently have any formals in the spreadsheet or are you manually entering numbers each week? I mean right now does it total up the points for each clan at the end of the week automatically?

If not I would make one formula that adds the points for each clan each week, then make a second formula that adds up total points for each week into a monthly total. It wouldn't be too hard if this is what you want.

Thanks for the reasearch goat. I saw most of those as well. It is not quite what I am looking for though. It appears that what I want to do, cannot be done.

I would actually have to creat a worksheet for each war night, then add the cells together. That takes just as much time as using the calculator. LOL

Not necessarily, If you make a page for each clan and have a set of data set up ahead of time filled with zeros as a Template then set up the final tally using equations like =SUM(B1;B6) or w/e It would be REALLY easy. And all you would have to do is put in the numbers and it would calculate it for you.

Then use that template for all the other clans and all you have to do is change the clan name. Not difficult at all. Once you have it set up I would be surprised if it took over a half an hour to get it the numbers you needed.

Hey Seq,

if you send me the excel doc and tell me what you want i might be able to set it up for you.

Judging by your comments you are correct in thinking what you want cant be done in one tab but in excel you can create new tabs and even create formulas that make totals based off information from other tabs.

Let me know if you want to take me up on the offer.

or create a new tab and see if that opens it up for you to do it. look up in the help files Creating new Tab.

If you need a calculator, your using excel wrong :)

here's an example of a formula I just made so I dont have to type any numbers at all (except for rounds won)

=IF(D6="YES",5,0)+IF(E6="YES",0,0)+IF(F6="YES",2,0)+C6

I put that into a cell and then if I type YES in cell D6 (win column), 5 points gets added to the total, if I type YES in the E6 (Losses) then 0 points get added, and YES for F6 (ties) 2 pojnts get added.

C6 is my rounds won and I just type the number for that.... That formula Pumps out the total points for that game.

Ok i see what you're getting at Seq,, but I agree with shadow, cage and HT you just need to create new tabs.. and then have the formula with cell links from the other tabs. I'm not as proficient in Excel though since I rarely use it these days.. but when I did use it a lot I found out, like a lot of other office programs, that A) there's always a way to do something and B) there's always a number of ways to do the same thing.

I thought it about on the way home,

I will make a template that can be used for a UF blacks.

I may just start from scratch, but I'll put some work into it.

There's no need to waste time making calculations and such. I'll figure something easy out, I've already got ideas for conditional formatting so that clans that have put in 5 months will automatically be highlighted,

I don't think this will take me very long at all, least I can do to help with UF stuff.