Will you be an 80 year old gamer?

Report: Gamers stay gamers for life

EMA report: Gaming is a life-long hobby

Its funny that this study came out. I recently had this discussion with my wife. I basically told her, I'm 35 years old, so I don't see myself "growing up" and putting down the game controller, ever.

This also brings up another good point. I would venture to say the average eldest age for a gamer is probably in the mid 30's. Granted, there a few there are above this, but not many. This is probably due to the fact when arcades and game consoles came onto the scene. Which is about the time most of us 30 somethings got the gaming bug. The Atari 2600 came out in 1977 and is credited with making the plug-in concept popular among the game-playing public, according to wikipedia.

So, do you see yourself at 60, 70, 80 years old playing the next game system as much as you do now? I don't see anything changing in my life. I'm hoping gaming keeps my brain working to avoid Alzheimer's. Hell, I'm grooming my 2 year old to be a gamer now. I bought her a V-Tech when she was one. lol

I can see it now...instead of +30 clan, it will be +70 clan. lol

IN the month of August I counted 3 players having birthdays who are already in their 40's. Somebody is turning 68 which I find hard to believe and 106 some dumbass thought is funny. But the jist I get is that there are several in their 40's.

The thing is WE, those in their early to mid 30's through their 40's, are the gaming generation. We were there at the beginning. We played pong we had the Atari, the Collecovision, Intellivision, original NES, SEGA, SuperNES, PlayStation....We put in our time and are going to reap the benefits of 60fps on HD tvs on broadband connections with players around the country.

I ain't quitting anytime soon.

Yeah I think I might be unless I die before with these lifespans now a days. Anyways the oldest guy in our clan is around 54 I believe and he plays if not better then the younger crew lol. His 18 year old son plays in our clan too LOL. So I don't see why not I can't stay till 80.

Prane ]

I doubt I'll be playing games forever. If I do I will only be playing Madden and Hockey. In my future I plan on doing a ton of fishing, snowmobiling and 4 wheeling. I'm moving to the barren lands of Northern Minnesota as soon as I can afford to.

I 2nd this Eventually Hunting and Fishing Will consume my life

CDBS14 ]

on my tombstone i will put my overall stats from every major multiplayer game i have played' date=' lol.

[/quote']

Yea, I can see it now.

Here Lies IRISH BULL

Best Ever Kill/Death Ratio 2.5

Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare

Now He Pwn's God In The Sky

IRISH BULL ]
CDBS14 ]

on my tombstone i will put my overall stats from every major multiplayer game i have played' date=' lol.

[/quote']

Yea, I can see it now.

Here Lies IRISH BULL

"Here lies the internet's biggest postwhore in history" 8)

Prane ]
IRISH BULL ]
CDBS14 ]

[/quote']

Yea, I can see it now.

Here Lies IRISH BULL

"Here lies the internet's biggest postwhore in history" 8)

lol, i will put my postcount from my clan's forum and here ;D ;D

Prane ]

I doubt I'll be playing games forever. If I do I will only be playing Madden and Hockey. In my future I plan on doing a ton of fishing, snowmobiling and 4 wheeling. I'm moving to the barren lands of Northern Minnesota as soon as I can afford to.

Two things..

1. Thats what all youngsters think.. they think they will be soo different "when they get older" but the truth is, No you wont. :P

2. Northern Minneasota is probably pretty affordable right now. lol

COWonCRACK ]

northern minnesota is the best place in the world.

Seriously, Really, C'mon now..!? ;)

As for myself at 80 years old, i will definitely still be ok with playing games, but it wont be a weekly thing, just a once in a while with kids, grand kids, etc. (i barely play a few times a week now.)

Chili-Palmer ]
Prane ]

Two things..

1. Thats what all youngsters think.. they think they will be soo different "when they get older" but the truth is, No you wont. :P

2. Northern Minneasota is probably pretty affordable right now. lol

COWonCRACK ]

northern minnesota is the best place in the world.

Seriously, Really, C'mon now..!? ;)

As for myself at 80 years old, i will definitely still be ok with playing games, but it wont be a weekly thing, just a once in a while with kids, grand kids, etc. (i barely play a few times a week now.)

Quiet city boy, you have no idea what I'm talking about. I'd much rather live up there than here in Illinois. I hate the city and all the stupid people around here. :)