California Wilderness.. (for Prane and anyone else interested)

CA Wilderness

DSC_0005-1.jpgDSC_0010.jpg

blondephoto-redwood-001-5340.jpg

ca3093.jpg

63199_wallpaper400.jpg

banner_peak_and_thousand_island_lake,_ansel_adams_wilderness,_california_-_800x600.jpg

Lake Tahoe

south-lake-tahoe--view.jpg

tahoewinter.jpg

p10s_powder.jpg

p15s_powder.jpg

Yosemite

why-we-go-to-yosemite.jpg

yosemite-national-park-california-cayos2.jpg

030208_bobcat_lynx_rufus_yosemite_II_520cc.jpg

yosemite.jpg

Fishing

st361.jpg

trinity3.jpg

homepage06-lg.jpg

homepage07-lg.jpg

Wild Animals

standard.jpg

gallery.5.1.jpg

So Cal

gallery.5.4.jpg

GrizzlyNPS.jpg

WildTuleElk2.jpgPronghorn.jpg

university-of-california-berkeley-bears.jpg

nunst0006.gif

That should be plenty to get my point across.. lol

LA, SF, Sac, SD are all major cities just like Minneapolis/St Paul, etc.. but we have 3 times the major cities, we have 3 times as much land, we have 3 times as many people, & 3 times as much wilderness. ;)

CA is NOT all Frisco, Hollywood & Compton. ;D

Unless.. Is there something special in MN that im not understanding..?

Apparently you are correct. lol

It must be in the lower 48. ;D

*edit*

Nope its the highest summit, and funny it is right near the lowest point in the US.

Mount Whitney is the highest summit in the contiguous United States with an elevation of 14,505 feet (4,421 m).[1] It is located at the boundary between California's Inyo and Tulare counties, just 76 miles (122 km) west of the lowest point in North America at Badwater in Death Valley National Park (282 feet (86 m) below sea level). The western slope of the mountain lies within Sequoia National Park and the summit is the southern terminus of the John Muir Trail which runs 211.9 miles (341.0 km) from Happy Isles in Yosemite Valley. The eastern slope lies in the Inyo National Forest in Inyo County.

Guest [+30]PuddyTat

i love this post. i have been to tahoe, and it is beautiful. but i gotta say, i catch a lot of shit for living in wyoming, but we have all of the above that chili posted, without ever having the b.s. of LA, hollywood, compton, or any of the big cities. i can fish in 7 different mountain lakes, or a variety of rivers and streams, all within 45 minutes of my house ;D

xPUDDYTATx ]

i love this post. i have been to tahoe, and it is beautiful. but i gotta say, i catch a lot of shit for living in wyoming, but we have all of the above that chili posted, without ever having the b.s. of LA, hollywood, compton, or any of the big cities. i can fish in 7 different mountain lakes, or a variety of rivers and streams, all within 45 minutes of my house ;D

puddy when i come visit u we're hitting up some fishing man. i'll even let u cuddle with me since ur into that and all. ;D

xPUDDYTATx ]

WOOT!! I've been to Tahoe, but for me nothing in the states compares to the Rockies. WY, CO, and MT are all golden as far as I'm concerned. Well maybe Alaska. The week I spent up there was off the hook.