UF Black : AUGUST..need a clan to opt out

As it was last month, I have an odd number of clans signed up for UF:Black August. This odd number makes it nearly impossible to schedule, without doing byes, and EVERYONE hates byes.

If you have already completed your required 5 to participate in the championships and would be willing to sit this month out, I would be extremely gratefull. Clan [-->] was very gracious to do this for me last month, and for that the community tips our hat to you.

Anyone who would like to help me out, please reply to this post. Sign ups are still open until midnight tonight, so there is still a chance this may not need to happen.

Thanks for your help guys.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, guys. I didn't get any takers, so I put a list together of clans that have participated in the minimum required to compete in the year end championships. (5) I put those names in a hat and had my son draw one.

[COU] your clan has been selected to sit out the month of August. Your clan will only be asked to do this one time during the 2009 Black tournament. Thanks for your understanding, and we will see you in Septemeber.

This has already been discussed and settled upon months ago. The majority would rather have a month off than a bye. And no one is being forced...unless you would like to be....

LOL picked out of a hat? Without discussing this with the leader? Me?

We would always do that for the UF community....if asked, but thats not the case apprantly around here......see you guys in Sept apprantly........good luck to you guys........lol.....gotta luv uf... ;)

Good luck UF....its all good, I will work on my tan a bit more ;) Good luck to our regular opponents.....Its cool gives us a chance to relax and its all good..

xRed0ctobeRx ]

So any new clans that come in have NO say to this, because it was decided months ago? Come on seq.

Doesn't make sense, but whatever.

Basically any new clans that come in would be competing for fun anyway. There aren't enough months left to get the minimum 5 in.

There WAS an honorable clan that volounteered last month. You guys aren't he ones who see the countless PM's that flood my mailbox complaining of a bye. All of this happens behind the scenes.

Oh well...can't make em all happy..never have...never will. 8)

saint52 ]

LOL picked out of a hat? Without discussing this with the leader? Me?

We would always do that for the UF community....if asked, but thats not the case apprantly around here......see you guys in Sept apprantly........good luck to you guys........lol.....gotta luv uf... ;)

Good luck UF....its all good, I wor on my tan a bit more ;) Good luck to our regular opponents.....

I DID ask, but no one contacted me. :-\

lmao... picked from a hat..... dude quit beating around the bush and just say COU u guys r sitting cause u question and voice ur opinions... i was the clan rep for half this year and anything we brought to u guys was tossed and we were told u couldnt take our word now ur saying we r out in aug when we just took june off to get a break from the camping tactics...

WE HAD OUR MONTH OF PICK ANOTHER CLAN OR THIS WILL JUST GO TO SHOW HOW ONCE U QUESTION UF, UR OUT THE DOOR.....

and posting on a non black thread asking for a volunteer? man up next time and just say hey COU uve gone to far take a break....

I am not sure that is completely accurate there dead.

I would just like to know who is complaining about a bye? You can't take ONE night off? Rather you would have a clan take a whole month off. You other clans complaining about this are hypocrites. Instead one clan gets left out of competition for an entire month. How is that fair? Not sure

Its all good, the "powers" that be picked out of a hat........we will sit out, no bitching from us, we'll get attacked anyways.....its all good we love the comp here and the people........but its just ironic this happens in the recent events.....its cool, already planning my vacations now:)

As I said before COU wishes good luck to the clans for August, we will see you guys in Sept.......good luck...

Guys, I understand your frustration, but do you really think that your being singled out? You have the necessary time in to qualify for the playoffs. The staff did all they could to ensure that they didn't HAVE to pick someone to sit...it is just the unfortunate tumble of the dice that YOUR clan was chosen. To say it's because you voice your opinion is inaccurate and baseless. It does not do your clan justice when you come here and make accusations to something you actually cannot know, and if you REALLY felt that way, why would you participate?

Red, there is no reason for Quoyah to lie to you. You know that dude. If the man says he's receiving PM's, he's receiving them. You would howl even louder if it were YOUR PM's (PRIVATE message) that the Staff made public wouldn't you? So asking whom is again pointless.

All in all, as this doesn't effect the 101, it really ends up not being your bone to pick eh? I only comment because I don't think that it takes a rocket scientist to realize that the Staff is in the midst of transition that has yet to be concluded, so give them a break. They are doing the same thing they have been doing for the past 6 months; working their asses off for free to make sure we can all enjoy UF.

I want to publicly THANK the UF Staff for keeping this ship veered in the right direction during the changing of the guard. My hat's off to you for having the fortitude to MAKE difficult decisions, and you will continue to receive my gratitude regardless of the decision's you make and how they effect me and mine.

Tool, what does this remotely have anything to do with you.....and Jesus I think I could find 100's of post about you praising this and praising that......we get it, .... let the staff and COU handle this one and Red was just making an observation, there are enough of your"Praising" posts out there, I don't think the staff needs another one, I'm pretty sure they know it already

so if thats the case then y after we sat out june y would we b made to sit aug... maybe the staff should of checked records then contacted the 5 top clan leaders OR clan rep... maybe they should of sat the number one seat but to post on a NONE BLACK thread and then say no one replied... crap

UF has told me they cant take my word (I WAS CLAN REP) or my clans word so y would i take their word...

u can go thru my post i have almost always given UF it props and especially when it came to disputes until i was told im a liar...tool i know uve been here long time and so has most of COU... but until uve been told by a UF staff that u and ur clan are liars after showing proof u wont understand... and i know we r being singled out where were u the past 6months...

i wonder what would of happen if RVN was sat... i know some of ur guys and i know they wouldnt be happy...

saint52 ]

Tool, what does this remotely have anything to do with you.....and Jesus I think I could find 100's of post about you praising this and praising that......we get it, .... let the staff and COU handle this one and Red was just making an observation, there are enough of your"Praising" posts out there, I don't think the staff needs another one, I'm pretty sure they know it already

Forgive me for being thankful to those that put in time and effort FOR FREE. I have seen first hand what they put up with. ::)

Forgive me for trying to show my appreciation instead of constantly looking a gift horse in the mouth. As a fellow 'Ranger' you should also know that this type of shit is supposedly ABOVE you.

Instead of lambasting ME for my appreciation, why not read all 100 of those posts and remember that every tourney, every thread these gentlemen do it for US. My god I get so tired of the crying. I don't envy them having to MAKE these decisions, so those 100 posts should prolly number closer to the 1000's.

You want me to leave Red's comment alone because it fit's within your idealism of what YOU wanted to see happen, but go after me for bringing up what I think? I love it.

and if u read his post he did... im the one whos calling bs and as u said handle in pm's... well maybe that should of happen b4 they posted this ?

we have clan reps and clan leaders but they decided not to use them... its funny that u reply to saints post but not mine... hhmmm do u have alil bit of a hard on 4 saint... i do believe

and if u read 101 post he said to me that i was wrong so his post doesnt totally agree... but urs is just alil too much... but then again RVN and UF...

if UF doesnt want this in the public then it should of been in BLACK topic...

DEAD_U_R ]

and if u read his post he did... im the one whos calling bs and as u said handle in pm's... well maybe that should of happen b4 they posted this ?

we have clan reps and clan leaders but they decided not to use them... its funny that u reply to saints post but not mine... hhmmm do u have alil bit of a hard on 4 saint... i do believe

and if u read 101 post he said to me that i was wrong so his post doesnt totally agree... but urs is just alil too much... but then again RVN and UF...

if UF doesnt want this in the public then it should of been in BLACK topic...

So now we reach what the true issue you have is!!!

DEAD_U_R ]

lukin u have 17 posts.... come back when u understand politics... im not sure uve been on enough threads or UF tourney...

Does it feel good to be little people? When does a post count matter? Glad we all act our age instead of our shoe size.

Ohhh Jesus......listen, read my post, Tool it had nothing to do with you and if you want to crawl up the cross and nail yourself up there as some martyr, thats fine,.I wasn't lambasting you and I have been in UF allot longer than you have my friend and have always appreciated the community and the gaming. Never question that. Now just because you jumped on a post THAT HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH YOU OUR YOUR CLAN......this will be another soap box for you?

I'm a Ranger for a reason, I speak my mind and have brought good ideas and concepts to the community, but I will never be a yes man. I will speak my mind always, not saying you are either, but thats why I am where I am..

Jesus I already said, COU is fine with the decision, why people feel the need to post on this thread other than COU/Uf staff, is beyond me, but people will say what they want, I would appreciate any other posts or whatever be sent to me through a PM like an adult please.......and if you feel the need to post here. Be from COU or UF Staff. Thanks