We all know what sony has gone through with the PS3. Their good games were supposed to start coming out and start to pick up the pace of the PS3 and put it back in the race.

If I'm not mistaken, Lair was supposed to be one of those big games for them with the dragon slaying and such. Well, let's just say it didn't really live up to the hype:

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/817/817117p1.html

I don't own a PS3 or anything and I'm not bashing on it, I'm just saying.. ouch.

Hmmm....I was mildly interested in this game's potential....but after watching the video, I don't know what kind of gratifying fun it would be to control a giant dragon swathing through hundreds of guys in armor on the ground like toothpicks, like the video was showing. I mean, that was the WHOLE video.

They talked about dragon fights and sea snakes and such, and THAT would have been cool to see.

The write-up AND the video did not impress me here.

Play it... Evaluate it... then give your own "Opinion" about it. That simple. I like action shooter games and If I hate RPG games and had to do a review on it, I'm going to discriminate on that game because I just don't like RPG games. I'm sure editors do the same when they write an article based on their play.... If it's not their type of game, it's not going to get a huge review.

Reaper

Guest jwa798921

I just cant wait for HOME to come out on the ps3. Its gonna b sick, turn on my ps3 and instead of the normal screen i will b in my house which i fully customized my self and get to go out into the community and talk to ppl and play games with them and this all is just the home screen. Its like the sims but better!

I got bad news for personel wanting a PS3 and obviously dont have one yet. The 60 gigs are not going to be produced anymore. Only the 80, its more money and from what I heard, is NOT backward compatible. For those who dont know(I know you prolly all do) but that means you cannot play PS2 games on the 80 gig. This is not cool. I want a PS3 but if I have to get the 80, I might just wait til Confrontation come out.

Here is the link to the 60 phasing out

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,136535/article.html

If anyone knows about it not being backward compatible not being true, PLEASE say something.

Sav

Guest umerfonz

I have the 80gb, it is backward compatible, just not 100%. (from what I've read)

They made the switch from hardware to software for backwards compatibility to lower production cost.

-Tha_Savage- ]

I got bad news for personel wanting a PS3 and obviously dont have one yet. The 60 gigs are not going to be produced anymore. Only the 80, its more money and from what I heard, is NOT backward compatible. For those who dont know(I know you prolly all do) but that means you cannot play PS2 games on the 80 gig. This is not cool. I want a PS3 but if I have to get the 80, I might just wait til Confrontation come out.

Here is the link to the 60 phasing out

http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,136535/article.html

If anyone knows about it not being backward compatible not being true, PLEASE say something.

Sav

The 80gb is backward compatible with most games, it uses a software based emulation system, instead of hardware. Was the of that thing the Emotion Engine or something? I forgot...

The only game that really matters is Socom.. for backwards compatibility (why wont this stupid spell checker fix this word..?)

I typed it 5 different ways & it only wants to re-spell "So com"

Other games wont really matter, everything else (that matters) is available on PS3.

And as far as the 60g running out.. there are TONS of them left. i was at Best Buy yesterday, & they had a whole pallet on display.. ALL 60g.

I'm not buying a 60g anyway.. im waiting till there aren't anymore, & the 80g is all bug free. :) (and waiting to pay off my website)

umerfonz ]

Just one man's opinion....

http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/action/lair/review.html?sid=6178017

or you can go here http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/ps3/lair and just read all the reviews at the bottom. One score above 75... yeah, I guess it's more than one man's opinion :P