ATTN: XBOX

• Directors

Whats up all. What are your ideas and needs in the Xbox area?

I think Chili has every idea we could possibly thing of. It's just a matter of getting support for xbox around these parts. People are quick to smite the 360 because most people on these boards are either anti-360, anti-microsoft, or Sony faboys.

Makes it even harder to get 360 clans around here when most clans (serious clans) would rather be around playing for huge cash prizes like MLG instead of pride and glory.

It's all about getting clans in here. The ideas are there just waiting, but without support there's no use in having these ideas, if you get my drift. I'm sure if there was more serious support for 360 here, it would be just as great as any PS3 tourney in UF.

Yes we need to attract 360 clans, before we can do anything.

We have tried, but the best we ever had was like 5 clans.. mostly from current UF clans.

Maybe a small tourney to start (4v4 or even full size, just 4 weeks long), then try to attract more into a "Hell Week" type of thing.

i agree with churchy the lore of the possibilty to get signed by mlg is a hard thing to overcome, i have an xbox and still cant bring myself to play it, pkus 90% of games come out for both and i just perfer to buy them on ps3 cause everyone in my clan (obviously), has a ps3

We are in full support of the 360....I myself, have a 360 also. We will have to do some forum trolling at game site forums and in the game. We will work on getting some interest outside of exsisting clans. That's the only way to grow.

Hopefully we will be able to push forward with our plans and help attract some clans. We will work on it and see what we can come up with.

• Directors

I do NOT have an Xbox and never have BUT, that doesnt mean I dont get out of my car to help you change a flat. I here to help grow it with every one of you EXCEPT Chili....

Honestly. We have never had anything really happened towards 360 to attract clans. When xbox is brought it up it is overshadowed by sony/ps3 smack talk which makes members leave the community or not bother. I think as new direction the best approach is to make the site more xbox friendly also.

To start out we should have a smaller scale tournament. Maybe a 4v4. Where maybe a clan like DK could produce a couple more teams of 4 so we can iron out a good amount of teams to start a tourney. Once something gets going xbox clans will also come. We have a whole bunch of allies who can come play here too but nothing was ever pushed forth when it came to xbox. It was all "Talk" lol.

I can get a 4v4, tops 6v6 team for COD4.

Also signing with MLG, might not be such a great idea, we all have seen what MLG did to GB; also SONY seems to be working with MLG now and GB, KZ2 has held tourneys there.

So although MLG would bring much attention and sponsors and such, it will just turn the site into another GB, with people just flocking here for the prizes/money, rather than the fun and competition.

Another thing, if divine knights clan field several 4v4 teams on a tourney, why not make the tournament like horsemen, that way anyone can make a team, clan mates or just forum friends.

Nobody here said anything about signing with MLG. We were using MLG as a comparison, saying that xbox clans don't do tournaments outside of MLG (or they rarely do) because there's no big cash prizes. MLG is hugely on the xbox side of things and that makes it hard for a regular tournament website like this to get any support on the xbox side

Xx-CHURCHY-xX ]

Nobody here said anything about signing with MLG. We were using MLG as a comparison, saying that xbox clans don't do tournaments outside of MLG (or they rarely do) because there's no big cash prizes. MLG is hugely on the xbox side of things and that makes it hard for a regular tournament website like this to get any support on the xbox side

ohhhhhh, but still, the majority of those xbox clans are not really the kinds of clans we would want here.

Shane ]

Well do we need to work towards cash prizes then?

As far as I'm concerned, no. This community has prided itself on tournaments with the sole purpose of gaining pride. That's what makes this community so great. No one here is getting stingy or greedy and demanding to get cash prizes or they will leave. We shouldn't stoop as low as changing what UF is about in order to get people to come here. If they want to be bitches and only want money.. fuck em

Xx-CHURCHY-xX ]
Shane ]

Well do we need to work towards cash prizes then?

As far as I'm concerned, no. This community has prided itself on tournaments with the sole purpose of gaining pride. That's what makes this community so great. No one here is getting stingy or greedy and demanding to get cash prizes or they will leave. We shouldn't stoop as low as changing what UF is about in order to get people to come here. If they want to be bitches and only want money.. fuck em

I stand with churchy on this one.

If cash prizes will be given out and such, it should really be at random, not every tournament, and not publicized as that tournament being a cash tourney.

The reason is, that cash makes people want to do anything for a win.

CDBS14 ]

but still' date=' the majority of those xbox clans are not really the kinds of clans we would want here.

BULLSHIT.!!

We (my clan) play in a UF style tourney for Xbox and almost every clan we play is exactly what UF would want.

I'm not trying to tear down that site (nor would i try to recruit from there).. but im just saying those clans are out there. If we build it they will come.

I agree, no cash prizes to start with (not to entice them), but possibly down the road once we have some established legit clans.

hey our clan does gow2 and cod 4, ill bring them over here

Bring them over man, we can get some scrimms.

I think before anything we need to start with COD. I'm sure majority of xbox players here play COD. Lets start with what some of the core membership plays so we can work side by side the new clans that come here so they get assimilated to our way of doing things.

Lets start out with a Horsemen type of tourney. Without the requirement of having been in the community before. That way we can get more xbox players in the clans we have now OR we can have their whole clans come here in the future too.

• Directors
Swatman1 ]

SxB has a newly created 360 clan and will be playing MW2 when it released. an MW2 tourney for 360 here at UF would be great

Can we count on SxB to have two full rosters competing in both PS3 and Xbox COD tournies?

John ]

Can we count on SxB to have two full rosters competing in both PS3 and Xbox COD tournies?

Yes, very much so.

And to the above-mentioned topic, I think cash prizes should not be done, ever. I think we can use the cash that we pay to buy/make something really cool (like those UF shot glasses), then send them to the winning clan; instead of money.