Is Socom a Sport

If you were in Korea... Video games maybe considered a sport.. I would Say NO though at this time a video game is not considered a "sport". However given that there are structured tournaments, high level of skill needed and is very competitive- I am sure one day a form of video game will be considered a sport... Maybe when it is possible to eliminate any form of un even playing field with electronic pallets and making glitches or cheating impossible- Like I said "some time in our futures". Hell the computer has not been around that long yet.

Places like Urgent fury certainly make them feel like a sport. I mean I build rosters, practice scrimmage, all for UF.

If they can call Poker a sport then why not Socom.

now im in the mood for sum poker.... Anyone here have Full Tilt poker?

You know wat it takes to make a roster of good, honorable players and compete wit others(scrimmages, wars,pratices? It's takes alot of work and effort by a team...Socom will always be a sport in my eyes the same wit poker

Believe it or not... The Olympics are actually thinking of throwing "gaming" onto the scene...

They view is as the new "snowboarding" of the the olympics... they are going to try to use video games to get their support up and all that good stuff... i read it in an Article a while back...

If you ask me... anything could be a sport... with enough people and competition... i mean... cmon... Fishing? Nascar? weight lifting? why not video games...

ps... MLGPRO.com

ask those kids this same question...

.Hunter.. ]

The fact that we are debating whether or not playing videos games is a sport just goes to show that America is turning into a sad, FAT place to live in.

Why does it have to be FAT? lol, Even the girls that play socom...ppl always say they must be fat and ugly...I have met sum gurls that are fine as hell. Go to your local Wal-Mart or grocery store. Your see more "FAT" ppl there than playing a video game.

I consider anything that involves competition a "sport."

I just think there are different levels of physical activities in sports.

You can have football......

then you can have baseball.....

then you can have cheerleading.....

then you can have bowling.......

then you can have race car driving.......

then you can have fishing.....

then you CAN have Socom......

(Those were all listed in the varying degrees in which the "athlete" SITS ON HIS ASS.....all of which are considered a sport depending on your background)

Guest [iLL] Andawg

Golf is a Game,

NASCAR IS A SPORT, if you don't think so,(insert bad put down here)

SOCOM, online games, are a hobby. And like most good hobbies, there are Many who are Passionate about it. VERY PASSIONATE! And there is nothing wrong with a little passion now and then.

It's not a hobby, a hobby is a spare-time recreational pursuit. Like collecting, or cooking or gardening.

There are no rules for a hobby, no competition, and no winner and loser.

A Sport is an activity that is governed by a set of rules or customs and often engaged in competitively. Sports commonly refer to activities where the physical capabilities of the competitor are the sole or primary determiner of the outcome (winning or losing), but the term is also used to include activities such as mind sports and motor sports where mental acuity or equipment quality are major factors.

Now I ask you, which definition better fits Socom.

I'd say A SPORT.