Dish or Direct?

Ok so currently we have Dish network and finished our contract.

We are upgrading to HD. We pay about 239$ a month all together with phone, internet, and channels.

We get the NFL network and have all the channels.

Now I called them and asked for a upgrade for everything, the offer now is 75$ for two new HD boxes and along with our current bill and everything. 20$ more for upgraded internet.

We have 4 boxes, so only 2 would get upgraded.

Now direct is offering everything I have already.

They are offering free new HD equipment, dropping the price on the phone by 10$, upgrading our internet to the highest for 10$, more, giving us all the HBO, Stars, Showtime, Cinamax free for a year, and adds NFL season ticket(which I want). It would drop our Bill to 176$ for the first year, then after the free year of HBO...etc it goes up to 186$ or so it was.

Is it worth making the switch because Direct is looking hot as hell for me right now.

I have had both, and not only is DirecTV cheaper, they offer more channels AND have better customer service. They upgraded me to two HD boxes for free, even though I was already a customer.

Customer service example:

My wife bought a movie on PPV, but then realized she didnt do it for all the TV's (you have to order it online to get it to all boxes) the Indian dude just kept telling me his name was Steve (BULLSHIT) and he was sorry. I was PISSED!

The next day, I had a phone call from DTV. I answered it, and it was a survey on my most recent call. When the call was over, They credited me 239.00 for my trouble, gave me 3 free PPV movies, and lowered my current rate for 12 months!

Dish on the other hand, just tells you tough titty, and hangs up.

o-Marlne-o ]

I am a dish fan, always have been, doubt I will ever go back to Direct....

I disagree, dish has the best customer service out of the two for me.. i absolutly hated direct tv when i had it.

They lady I just talked to was all bitchy, she didn't offer me anything besides more bills.

Tool_Minion ]

I have had both, and not only is DirecTV cheaper, they offer more channels AND have better customer service. They upgraded me to two HD boxes for free, even though I was already a customer.

My wife bought a movie on PPV, but then realized she didnt do it for all the TV's (you have to order it online to get it to all boxes) the Indian dude just kept telling me his name was Steve (BULLSHIT) and he was sorry. I was PISSED!

The next day, I had a phone call from DTV. I answered it, and it was a survey on my most recent call. When the call was over, They credited me 239.00 for my trouble, gave me 3 free PPV movies, and lowered my current rate for 12 months!

I am with tool 100 percent on this. I have had both, and LOVE Direct TV. Wouldn't think of any other.

SEQUOYAH ]
Tool_Minion ]

I am with tool 100 percent on this. I have had both, and LOVE Direct TV. Wouldn't think of any other.

Yep Direct TV all the way. Plus I bundle with Qwest and have a pretty reasonable bill.

Yea im thinking a switch is coming because dish blows, I truthfully haven't had TV in my room for months because someone broke the box in the other room and my line is cut so they took mine, we don't call it in because fuckers charge us 35$ just to come out and look, then another 35$ to fix, uggg.....

xRed0ctobeRx ]

Yep Direct TV all the way. Plus I bundle with Qwest and have a pretty reasonable bill.

What do you consider reasonable.?

We had EVERY channel, all HD channels, all movie channels, with phone, & 10/3 Internet, for about $200 (it changed sometimes for different promotions, but not usually higher than $200)

Hannibal. ]

So which is better then? I have Dish and like it but I forgot about NFL ticket. I think Dish has been the best in my opinion but I think I may change if you guys are saying it is better.

Whoever made this put a poll on it so people can vote. Before the season starts lol

Answer my PM, and I will give you a pole. :o8);)

Hanni, Dtv is the one I'm happier with after having both. Hell Direct could have the shittiest service ever and I wouldn't switch if they still have the NFL exclusive. ;D

The only thing I don't like are the DVR's they use. They absolutely suck when compared to a tivo.