SOCOM Confrontation going Greatest Hits on August 16th

Uncharted, SOCOM Confrontation going Greatest Hits on August 16th

by Griffin McElroy { 7 minutes ago }

According to a recent Sony press release, two more best-selling PS3 titles are getting the ol' "Red Box" treatment. Beginning Sunday, August 16, Uncharted: Drake's Fortune and SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Confrontation (sans headset) will reach "Greatest Hits" status, dropping their respective MSRPs down to a reasonable $29.99.

Fans of the SOCOM series will likely be thrilled about Confrontation's markdown -- but every self-respecting PS3 owner needs to have Uncharted in their collection. Now that you can make that happen with just a Hamilton and a Jackson, you've really got no reason to go without.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/08/13/uncharted-socom-confrontation-going-greatest-hits-on-august-16/

Shane ]

So I bet the Patch and DLC are coming quick there after... people may actually go out and purchase a discounted copy and then get the dlc

That's definitely Slant Six's and SCEA's angle with releasing the DLC for free. I was trying to figure it all out, because S6 currently has no income coming in. It all comes together now though, with the release of a greatest hit title there will be a mass influx of new players (or so they hope, just like in every previous socom). They will woo them into buying it by announcing the DLC and Patch 1.5 and get their "last hurrah" of a profit before they completely close the book on Confrontation.

I have always maintained though, that if they fixed the things that the community misses from past socoms this game COULD be something great (EG Tiebreakers, page 17, etc). I would assume that all depends on how the releases of 1.5/1.6 and consequent sales goes. As it stands now, I don't foresee them releasing anything past the first DLC pack, but I have been wrong before.

CpDude05 ]

The game hasn't even been our a year yet and they are doing this. HAHA

Like I said, it's a last ditch effort to make some money off it. This is the last chance they have to do something before the top notch shooters release and essentially knock Confrontation out of the picture. Oh and yes, if you haven't played Uncharted now is the best time to go buy it. Awesome game.

BacklasH ]
CpDude05 ]

The game hasn't even been our a year yet and they are doing this. HAHA

Like I said' date=' it's a last ditch effort to make some money off it. This is the last chance they have to do something before the top notch shooters release and essentially knock Confrontation out of the picture. Oh and yes, if you haven't played Uncharted now is the best time to go buy it. Awesome game.

[/quote']

They've already made a pile of money off of it. That's how it made greatest hits list. Of course it doesn't factor in how many copies have been returned. :P

IRISH BULL ]
UNCLE-SID25 ]

lmao why the hell would anyone buy it new "greatest hits" price cant touch it used at 5 bucks ;)

I was thinking the same thing. Every Gamestop I've been in has a ton sitting in the used section.

LOL I've been to at least 5 different Gamestops since Confrontation came out and every one has a minimum of 5 in the used section. I have seen the most with two separate stacks of 5.

• 3 weeks later...