Fansite reveals current Modern Warfare 2 weapons roster, seems good all round

According to Modern Warfare 2 fansite, mw2blog.com, the current Modern Warfare 2 weapons roster goes something like the below.

Featuring current favourites from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, such as the G36C, M4 Carbine, SVD Dragunov and H&K MP5, as well as more recently released and concept weaponry, the weapons roster is currently looking pretty well rounded, with an already larger choice of weapons to the last Modern Warfare game.

Personally, I'm looking forward to trying out the various new shotguns and assault rifles, and seeing which packs the best punch. Also, the inclusion of a new pistol - the Glock, famous for reliablity and ruggedness - is nice to see, and shows that Infinity Ward haven't forgotten that a good sidearmis just as important as a primary weapon. Good stuff.

The full list is below, should you want to take a look and curb your growing desire for MW2 information.

Assault Rifles

FAMAS - Bushmaster ACR - M16 - AK-47 - Steyr AUG A2 - Imbel MD3 - FN 2000 - G36C - M4 - MK. 14 EBR - G3 - TAR-21 - FN SCAR - FN FAL

Sniper Rifles

SVD Dragunov - Walther WA2000

Sub-Machine Guns

FN P90 - UMP .45 - TDI Kriss - H&K MP5

Shotguns

Franchi SPAS-12 - W1200 - Armsel Striker 12 Guage - Remington 870MCS - Winchester 1887 - AA-12

Light/Heavy Machine Guns

RPD - MK46 - AUG HBAR-T - MG4 - M240

Pistols

USP .45 - Glock 18/22 - M1911 .45 - Desert Eagle or Baby Eagle

Melee

Combat Knife - Ice Picks

Explosives/Grenades

C4 - Frag Grenade - Stun Grenade - Smoke Grenade - Semtex

Gun Attatchments

Red Dot Sight - Heartbeat Sensor - ACOG - Silencer - EOTech Sight - Thermal Scope - Master Key

Grenade Launchers

GP-25 Grenade Launcher - M203 Grenade Launcher - AT4 Rocket Launcher (Heat Seeking/Lock-On)

Armor

Riot Shield

• Directors

Im excited to see if all the tweeting we did at the MW2 twitter page will pay off and there will be no more martyrdom.

• Directors

a reduced size and weight Desert Eagle that fires 9mm. .40 S/W and .45 ACP

• Directors

from Magnum Research:

"The Baby Eagle is available in 3 calibers, with variations resulting in 11 separate models. The compact (short frame and barrel) and semi-compact (short barrel) pistols have the same excellent shooting characteristics as the standard (full-size) Baby Eagle and are ideal for shooters with smaller hands. All Baby Eagles are black and all are made of steel except the versions with polymer frames."

• Directors

in other words- If you MUST conceal carry a Desert Eagle, this is what you would want ;)

Yeah, I don't know about them not including the Barrett...Anybody see the FAMAS in there? You will be able to tell who played SOCOM that's on MW2 by the people that complain about it LOL. I personally don't use the thing, haven't since probably the first month I played Confrontation, but it will be interesting to see it in action on MW2. There's some really good additions on that list, especially the SPAS-12 for close quarters maps. I am really pumped for this and the MAG beta!

Thought I'd add this here:

Infinity Ward blogger FourZeroTwo showed off the feature at a GameCrazy convention, blogging:

I was presenting a singleplayer mission at the GameCrazy show this morning on stage and happened to walk over a body that had Akimbo (dual wield side arm), therefore the icon for the weapon popped up on screen and the room went crazy with chants demanding I pick it up and use it.

So I did.

Happened to be dual Deagles. Now to calm some initial fears of "OMG! Overpowered!". Akimbo is limited and balanced, just like EVERYTHING in the game. It's limited to sidearms, harder to aim than standard and you can't go ADS (aim down sights) since you have a weapon in each hand; Among other balancing techniques, so don't freak out before you see it in action.