Thoughts on Madden 10

So we've all had, at the very least, the entire weekend to evaluate and play the hell out of the new Madden. What's everyone's thoughts? I returned last years copy the first Monday after it was out, but I will be keeping and playing this years edition religiously like every one prior to 2009. I really enjoy the game play and the heightened difficulty moving the ball on offense, particularly rushing the ball. I'm 5-3 online I believe and haven't experienced a shred of lag or mic issues, which was a big concern given Tiger 10's mic troubles. My ONLY complaint this year is, by far, the accelerated clock/constant chain measurements. In a game earlier today, there was a minimum of 25 measurements. The accelerated clock isn't a horrible addition, but it really hurts when you are trying to conserve clock. You're pretty much better off going no huddle, when normally you wouldn't be inclined to go no huddle. The games do go a LOT faster on the flip side of that and if you are trying to milk the clock, this speeds up the process.

Overall I give it an 8.5/10

I think its fun, I have skipped the last several years in Madden but I got it this weekend. I'm still getting use to the controls and everything but I have been having fun. The hardest thing for me seems to be the passing game, I can't pass to save my life but other than that its fun. The online seems to be the best out of any of the previous years, seems smooth not really laggy at all, at least the two games I played.

I think its the best in years just as I thought it would be. EA completely revamped all of the interactions between Wr's and Db's, OL and DL, etc. Finally a players stats com into play. For instance a receiver's route running ability affects his success at breaking away from a defender. No more Qb's throwing 100 yard bombs at 90 mph. I think its a win for any serious football lover/madden player. Its a mess for those who like to abuse the prior games faults.

As for your problems Backlash I do like the Accelerated clock now although I didn't at first. It used to take about 35-40 minutes to get through a game now its over in 25-30 which is nice. Also the measurement scene does get annoying but if both players hit X during it, it will cut to the statement.

My only gripe so far with the actual game is how when you go to dive on defense for a tackle or leg trip your player almost stops moving then dives, rather than a fluid motion so it really isn't effective.

I give this Madden a 9/10 as a sports game and a 10/10 as a madden game. No online lag whatsoever!

Well, Lets see. Most know I am HUGE of the Madden Series. From what I have played. It has ran well Online. (Until Last night.) When hiking the ball EACH TIME it had a 10 sec freeze. This happened every play. I have about 30 games online in already. The Franchise is another GREAT feature. EL is running a simulation league with some guys playing from other SML's. I love the idea of the fantasy draft. I mean come on a game with your fantasy team. For those who play fantasy know what I mean.

The chains come out way to much now. But thats what madden folks have requested. They gave you plenty of those.

The challenges are not the best. In fact I have yet to see one turned over. I think the game is challenging something else other then what you are. (EX. Where both feet in bounds? There checking on the 1st down) Cause I have seen some BS stands.

Just like any other year the Updates are already happening.

The graphics are good and the mechanics are FANTASTIC. The guys movement is GREAT!

The only thing I cant stand is there keyboard system. Its different then the PSN or other games.

If I was to score it I would give it a 8.5 out of 10

If you want to play hit me up.... PSN HusH-

I would have to say this is my favorite madden so far on the PS3. I havnt played offline ever in madden so I cant comment on any of them features. The only thing I dislike is the accelerated clock. If you do a hot route or two and forgot your play calls for motion when you hike, then you get a delay of game. That and all the people i have played in unranked 6 minute games have quit on me. Bastards. Ohh and diving at people dont seem to work. Gotta rock the hitstick to make tackles.

Not sure if I like the new fumble thing either. Throw me off the first few times it popped up. It is nice how the blockers seem to stick on thier blocks and you can actually follow them to gain some yards. And the QB in the pocket seems more realistic too this year. Thank God they toned down the INT's though...I suck at throwing. LOL

I have 2 gripes. First i have yet to win a coin toss. Ok not that big of deal, but the next one is to me. This game is built on the attention given to detail. Tell me why then every right handed quarter back has the ball spiraling in the wrong direction. I mean come on. That is such an easy thing to do and they miss it. They miss it when over 95 percent of the quarterbacks are right handed. That just defies all logic for me.

As far as the challenges, hell I have won numerous challenges for fumbles or out of bound catches already.

I think 8.5 -9 out of 10 is a fair assessment.

I have a question about kicking and the PS3 controller.

Do you need to be in front of the PS3 and centered? My PS3 sits Right of the TV and it does seem like I'm left some when kicking. But not sure if it was just me. I guess there's no way the PS3 would know where my TV is. I probably answered my question.

MarauderHD ]

Do you need to be in front of the PS3 and centered? My PS3 sits Right of the TV and it does seem like I'm left some when kicking. But not sure if it was just me. I guess there's no way the PS3 would know where my TV is. I probably answered my question.

Here's your sign lol

DevilHawk34 ]
MarauderHD ]

Here's your sign lol

That's awesome

So here's the deal I love this game but I'm terrible at it, honestly I try to get better but I think I average 3 INT's a game no matter what team I'm on lol. Passing game is still kicking my butt. So if anyone is looking for a easy win hit me up, I'm 2-9 I think as of now :-\

MarauderHD ]

What if it just detects where your positioned in the room? That also makes sense since it is blue ray and not everyone is going to be sitting right in front of there ps3.

Because I really can't tell if being in front of the ps3 or not has any effect on kicking the ball.

I don't think so man, it's a not a Wii, it has no idea where you sit or stand or where your tv is at. Now if your kicking left every time make sure your accounting for wind, also make sure after you line your kick up with the arrow and take into account wind, make sure you are pulling straight back and straight up with R3, its like driving a ball in Tiger, if your not straight up and down your going to shank it.

SnowBud ]
DevilHawk34 ]
MarauderHD ]

Here's your sign lol

That's awesome

So here's the deal I love this game but I'm terrible at it' date=' honestly I try to get better but I think I average 3 INT's a game no matter what team I'm on lol. Passing game is still kicking my butt. So if anyone is looking for a easy win hit me up, I'm 2-9 I think as of now :-\

[/quote']

My advice for you is to go into practice mode. When I use a new team and playbook combo I check it out in practice mode first. Re-run each play as many times as it takes for you to get the hang of it or discard it. Look for plays with multiple options rather than one receiver. I'm much better after learning the playbook.

Just trying to figure out if it maters where your ps3 sits in relation to your TV.

I don't hook left but it does go left some. But then it's a right footed kicker it should go left some. But then my TV is left of the PS3 so if I'm in front of my TV then it might left because the controller is left. I always though just to make sure lean over so the controller is in front of the PS3 to be sure.

I know confusing but it drives me crazy when I'm kicking.

I could be wrong, but it has nothing to do with your PS3 in relation to your TV or your controller, I can kick fields goals standing on my back deck smoking a cig outside. That doesn't mean I have to take that into account when I kick. Practice makes perfect. Seriously though it sounds like your not kicking straight up and down, do you play Tiger Woods? Its the only thing I can think of as an analogy but it sounds like your shanking it. The kicking process with R3 isn't just your power it also can move the kick left or right depending on how your striking the sticks. Hope this helps

z-Prime-z ]

The only problem I have with this years Madden is the whole winning the fumble in the pile deal. I can't do it. For what ever reason I just have yet to win one. The marker can totally be on my side but when they show who has the ball it's always the computer. :'(

AS soon as you see it happening, Just start pressing all 4 of the buttons. Once the fight starts the redline will already be on your side. Then just press as fast as you can on the buttons it tells you.

Touching on a few of the above posts. Challenges are working fine for me, it seems like most get overturned. My gripe with the challenges (and I know they are 100% called accurately on Madden) is that if you're going to show an inconclusive view to the gamers, then how can the play be reversed. Show the angle that reveals WHY the call was reversed, not some awful view impeded by 5 different players.

Also the interceptions are WAY down. They toned down the defensive players catching abilities a lot it seems. It is frustrating, but I often take control of my DB's on deep balls. I'm more confident in user picking the ball than letting the CPU attempt to make a play on the ball. Btw I have no problem kicking accurately on Madden, as Tiger Woods will adequately prepare you to be straight as an arrow.

BacklasH ]

Touching on a few of the above posts. Challenges are working fine for me, it seems like most get overturned. My gripe with the challenges (and I know they are 100% called accurately on Madden) is that if you're going to show an inconclusive view to the gamers, then how can the play be reversed. Show the angle that reveals WHY the call was reversed, not some awful view impeded by 5 different players.

Also the interceptions are WAY down. They toned down the defensive players catching abilities a lot it seems. It is frustrating, but I often take control of my DB's on deep balls. I'm more confident in user picking the ball than letting the CPU attempt to make a play on the ball. Btw I have no problem kicking accurately on Madden, as Tiger Woods will adequately prepare you to be straight as an arrow.

I have no issue picking off the ball......hell I had 5 INT's my first online game.

I'm a madden diehard and I love it. However there are things that need fixed and videos on youtube showing it happening. The primary one are the new animations which are FANTASTIC but lets say your playing and the guy on offense goes deep. The reciever starts to lay out for the ball and you approach with your strong safety. The animation more often than not takes precendent over any sort of tackle you are trying to make...which essentially prevents you from breaking up the pass. It's pretty crazy if you watch the videos. I haven't really noticed thus far but it's definitely there...

Either way I love the game 9/10 BE A CHOMPIANS!