Well im up for a new phone on Monday and I was thinking about getting the new BlackBerry Tour, before this phone came out i was gonn get the Curve. Now I'm reading alot of the reviews of Verizon's website and the thing i see the most is people complaining about the battery life. Does anyone here have this phone yet and can shed some light? The specs on the phone say 336hrs of stand by time, and im reading reports of 12-14hrs, just looking for some on hand experience. Thanks.

i have the curve, and I am also thinking bout getting the tour...

My friend has verizon and has the tour, and he loves it, so I asked him to test it out myself.

I got to play with it a whole day, and IMO it was better than the curve. and the battery life he said was about a day and a 1/2 on his phone.. you gotta remember its how you charge it.. alot of people leave theres on a charger all the time which kills the battery life, and some people do it correctly, your supposed to let it get low then charge it, but I have seen people with 3/4 battery life throw it on the charger overnight.

The tour was a nice phone, and I am seriously thinking bout picking it up, but I have also tried out the Palm Treo Pro(which IMO is also a awsome phone)

Tour or Treo Pro are my two choices,

But if i were tyou and you have the curve it to try out the tour and the treo pro... both are awsome.

I have the curve, and I'm not impressed. Great for email but that's about it. It's lethargic and the programs aren't up to snuff IMO. I'm going to spring for the Blackberry Storm... I've heard good things about it and one of my co-workers has it and loves his. I would have bought the Iphone but my service provider does not support it. >:(

My phone just came up and I picked up a tour as well. I was losing my battery from full to empty in less than 8 hours. After the first two days I was ready to take it back; however, after doing a little research on Crackberry.com there are a couple of settings that you have to change.

The big difference comes when you change this setting....Goto Options, then scroll down to Mobile Network. The next screen should have the last selection that shows Network Technology. There are 3 different settings (GSM/UMTS & 1XEV & Global). Mine came set to Global. What I read on Crackberry was the Global and GSM/UMTS settings really drain the battery life because it is trying to connect and putting out max power to find a signal. If you change it to 1XEV, since you are in the US, you get better battery life.

I am roughly getting almost a whole day without charging. There is a "standby" setting, that is the only way I see getting 300+ hours.

Be careful with the apps that you download and install, because some of them reside in memory and stay active will also contribute to draining your battery. Other than that I really like it. Luckily with Verizon, you have 30 days to try it out.

Xanthe ]

I have the curve, and I'm not impressed. Great for email but that's about it. It's lethargic and the programs aren't up to snuff IMO. I'm going to spring for the Blackberry Storm... I've heard good things about it and one of my co-workers has it and loves his. I would have bought the Iphone but my service provider does not support it. >:(

my sister in law has the storm, and I dont like it.... it is jittery and locks up alot when I tested it... I used to have the iphone, and the storm isnt great...

the curve is awsome when ya get things for it like (gps, iheart radio, slacker,pandora, ect.....) you tube app for curve....

o-Marlne-o ]
Xanthe ]

my sister in law has the storm, and I dont like it.... it is jittery and locks up alot when I tested it... I used to have the iphone, and the storm isnt great...

the curve is awsome when ya get things for it like (gps, iheart radio, slacker,pandora, ect.....) you tube app for curve....

Our front desk girl ahs a Storm and had the same problem. When she called Verizon, they had her DL a new update and it's been perfect since then. I was leaning towards the Storm when I come up in Sept, but I have been looking at the Tour now that it's out too.

Pathogen- ]

I had a Curve and iPhone simultaneously. I straight gave away my piece of crap blackberry. Get an iPhone. I'm on my 3rd one (3rd version)' date=' and I love it.

[/quote']

I personally would love an Iphone. However, there is no AT&T service around here.

BigMoneyNacku ]
o-Marlne-o ]
Xanthe ]

Our front desk girl ahs a Storm and had the same problem. When she called Verizon, they had her DL a new update and it's been perfect since then. I was leaning towards the Storm when I come up in Sept, but I have been looking at the Tour now that it's out too.

Yeah, the Storm from what I hear is a bit glitchy to start off with, but after updating the firmware it's a solid choice! 8)

Xanthe ]
BigMoneyNacku ]
o-Marlne-o ]
Xanthe ]

Yeah, the Storm from what I hear is a bit glitchy to start off with, but after updating the firmware it's a solid choice! 8)

you guys were right, i was over there this afternoon and she had got a update, and it works great... it did lock up once on me, but only for a few seconds, but it might have been because of something I did..

i may have ot put the storm in there on the list for my new phone, cause it did do alot better and was cool to play with..