Green Up - Reasons for Delay

First, I hate it when I hear someone on Socom say "Check up." I usually respond with no thanks, just had one. ;D For nostaglia sake, it's always "green up" to me.

Anyway....I was driving into work this morning and started to think about all the times I have sat in a lobby waiting on someone to "Green Up." I thought it would be funny to hear what are some real reasons and some not so real reasons (so long as it's funny) that could be an excuse for a delayed "Green Up."

Never a time limit. All Socom's needed the majority to green up for the game to start, from there it would go into the countdown (where people USED to be able to talk crap.. thank the lord for UF).

I think the funniest I've heard was someone grab the mic and say "Shit, my bad, I was rubbing one out." I think he was truthful, too, because he sounded like he was struggling

The worst is when you someone sets down their controller in a hurry and the mic is stuck on and they have their mic on their head and you hear all kinds of things.

I went and took a leak the other day and I heard someone taking a leak, turns out it was me and another guy. lol we both had the mic locked and going at the same time.

My reason to delay is I have other shit to do..

I head downstairs once the scoreboard shows up, and run to get back..

Besides, its a ton more productive then sitting there whining and whimpering "Green Up Now"..

There is a world outside of the lobby, and why don't people realize that.. What's an extra minute and a half, for a game that lasts almost 30 minutes every round?

I always liked the break.. hated when a new player joins a game and immediately starts screaming for green-ups.. For the one's that just played thirty or so minutes straight its time to refill a drink or grab a cola or a cold one.. use the bathroom or hell make a sandwich or eat a banana.. (eyes Cpdude)

Usually someone says we're waiting on a friend to join or "hey we're going to start up in five or so" and lets any new folks know to just wait a minute or two..

but basically you can see when the majority of the room is ready so there isn't any need to say "green-up" unless you're being held up by just one or two players.. when the whole lobby hasn't checked (greened) yet though its sort of idiotic to green up first and start exclaiming everyone else should now because *you're ready.

spdstr25 ]

id say the funniest (yet disgusting for me) reason for me not greening up in the lobby and this is no lie is when my little brother decided to stick his hand down in his diaper and wipe his shit on the floor and his clothes.

LMAO I know how that is... i have two little boys that used to do stuff like that...My oldest one time he someone got a wad of crap stuck on the ceiling... it landed right into my wifes hair when she walked into the room lol!! it was funny to me.

NEO-X- ]

I remember back on the days of Socom CA' date=' etc.. if you timed your button press to talk, you could basically deny everyone from being able to talk.. some bastards mastered that shit, and were just pure assholes on the mic...

I friggin hated that...

[/quote']

I remember that. I miss the old noise that it used to make when you grabbed/let go of the mic.

Sgt.JoeFriday ]

The worst is when you someone sets down their controller in a hurry and the mic is stuck on and they have their mic on their head and you hear all kinds of things.

I went and took a leak the other day and I heard someone taking a leak, turns out it was me and another guy. lol we both had the mic locked and going at the same time.

I have that one beat. We were in the middle of a war with JyK during the Semifinals and we got back to the lobby I sat my controller down and went to the bathroom and it had been awhile since I went so it took awhile. When I got back I heard a guy say Damn hannibal you must have really had to go"

I was playing a game, and right when it ended and the lobby came up I heard the sound of water splashing behind me. I look behind me, and no freakin' lie....my boy's black lab Maggie was pissing all over my bed!

My mic had locked, and the whole room heard me cussing at the dog while chasing her out and ripping the comforter and sheets off the damn bed! To make matters worse, I scared her so bad WHILE she was still going that she literally spread her piss all over my bed, curtains, and dresser like the guy in the From Dusk till Dawn joke (you tarantino fans know what i'm talking about)

xViCaRiouSx ]

i told you not to tell anybody

I literally just laughed out loud at 5 AM LOL..

Anyways, I'm always the first one in the lobby to green up because I essentially use the same weapons every map (that will change with sniping finally being fixed in 1.5). In the event I leave to take a dump while playing and I'm in the lobby not greened up, someone like [RVN] z-Prime-z or [cBF] Presidential will always say "Backlash GREEN UP" and I can do so without having to leave the confines of my toilet. I do this by always bringing the headset and controller with. I even talk strat sometimes while taking a dump in the dead room. And the guys at the RVN meet wanted to come to my pad to play some MAG using my controllers, lol. ;D

Xx-CHURCHY-xX ]

Never a time limit. All Socom's needed the majority to green up for the game to start, from there it would go into the countdown (where people USED to be able to talk crap.. thank the lord for UF).

I think the funniest I've heard was someone grab the mic and say "Shit, my bad, I was rubbing one out." I think he was truthful, too, because he sounded like he was struggling

Socom one needed 100% of the people in the room to green up, and there was always some asshole who would fall asleep late a night and kill a room. my god how socom has improved over the years ;)

Edit: I almost forgot that you couldn't speak in the lobby in socom 1 and you could only type. which made it even harder to get people to green up. (i'm pretty sure about that anyway)

funniest reason ive ever heard a person not greening up was actually in confrontation we in a room late one night and one of my clan mates joined the room late but for some reason stopped playing after a few rounds i was thinking hes most likely using the john so i ignored it any way we get in the lobby and we needed him to green up but of course he didn't but luckily a new person came in and we were able to force the room. the map just loads up we are running to our spots on crossroads when all of a sudden my clan mate grabs the mic but hes not saying anything a few seconds go by and still nothing and the all of a sudden he starts snoring really load all of us started busting out laughing he fell asleep while holding the mic now that's priceless so we eventually got our laughs out of it and voted him out