Slant Six DO they have it in them to fix socom??

okay here is what i feel..... socom 1.5 will not make socom god, but better...HELL YA, with 1.6 pretty much done all its waiting for is the 1.5 bugs to be reviled, then its Q & A for 1.6 witch will be WAY short than 1.5's simply because the Ladder system is what 1.5 was strugglin on, so im thinkin 2-3 weeks till 1.6, however we have the DLC, which has been worked on all summer, now the squad that worked on 1.5 can finalize the DLC and i expect to see the DLC possibly b4 1.6.

SO.... i say within a month 1.5,1.6, and the DLC will turn socom into an elite game...

P.S. i have so much love for this game so pardon me if i sound optmistic

Prane ]

Who cares if they can fix the game now? They shouldn't have had to ever fix the game. It should've been complete when they sold it to us. I can't wait for COD MW 2 and MAG to be permanently done with this pile of crap. They've drug us on long enough now with nothing to show.

Exactly! I DL'd the patch right now, that's it. I won't be playing anything but MAG right now. But eventually the beta will end, so that's when I'll put SOCOM back in my PS3. Hopefully the new factions and maps will be available by then. But when MW2 drops, that's it, I'm done. I just wish I could get more than $3 as trade-in credit towards MAG or MW2. And I'm guessing $3, its probably less.

But I digress. As for your question, I really don't faith that Slant 6 will be able to fix this game. I think there will always be issues that will never be fixed. Hell, I'm nervous about DL'ing this patch on my PS3.

Even if they magically made socom perfect.. its like a husband who cheats on his wife...

The wife (Socomers) will never trust the husband (socom) again, because it was so fucked up and so flawed, that people wont be able to ever look at it the same way.

Hence, when all of these new (Significantly more awesome) games drop... Its going to be a mass exodus over to those games..

And all Slant 6 will have is

"HEY GUYS WE PATCHED THE GAME FINALLY AFTER ALMOST A YEAR OF RELEASE", "OH AND WE HAVE DLC!!!""

"OH RIGHT, BUT THEY'RE REALLY JUST OLD MAPS THAT YOU PLAYED 5 YEARS AGO" "SO NOTHING REALLY NEW AND INNOVATIVE"

Don't know how many of you are Socom vets? But speaking from someone who started out on the first Socom in 2003... I'd rather go back to SII online then any of those FPSers, runNgun, respawn hells you guys are looking towards. LOL

I agree that they have given us a unfinished crap game... but, for ME... it's beats that other shit any day of the week. Just MY opinion. ;)

WAR_PIG ]

Don't know how many of you are Socom vets? But speaking from someone who started out on the first Socom in 2003... I'd rather go back to SII online then any of those FPSers, runNgun, respawn hells you guys are looking towards. LOL

I agree that they have given us a unfinished crap game... but, for ME... it's beats that other shit any day of the week. Just MY opinion. ;)

Im with you bro. Mag and MW2 could be the best game's ever and I still won't play them more then Spcom.

i love socom and will always play it..... as for mag to me its going to be like battlefield ill play it for a few days get bored of being blown up by fucking helicopters and shit and want that close combat feel socom always had ...as for CODMW2 ill be playing that like a madman although it does have fucking helicopters and shit the close combat and graphics are just masterful not to play so its going to be a fight for what disc is gonna go into my ps3 anyway do i think slant sux is gonna fix socom not fully but it will defiantly improve ;)

LOL. Some of you guys are still pretty salty. :laugh:

The game is flawed, but it's still a good time. If the fixes in the patch work, I could care less if the ladders and crap work. Just fix my damn gameplay. I still have faith the patch will do that.

As far as MW2, wahtever. I'm sure I'll play it for the single player alone, it's fun, but I don't see how they can add anything that increases the longevity of the game.

Mag, I'm starting to look closer. Some of the info from the beta does seem more appealing, but we'll see. I still don't trust Zipper any more than /6. :P

NEO-X- ]

I guess this is what you call blind love...

so far in love' date=' that you look past the suck

[/quote']

It's just the fact that we can handle the little flaws rather then sit here crybaby this crybaby that, oh it's not everything I wanted so imma cry, cry, cry. Oh Em Gee clan ladders because rank really reflects how good you are, it's not blind love I see everything people bitch about and can say it rarely affect's anything I do in the game, I don't use grenades, I rarely sit in the water, I don't stand on bumpy grounds, most of the crap people are complaining about I don't bother with because everyone else does. My biggest problem with Socom is my fault lol I don't have the greatest connection but! Upgrades are coming soon to fix it 30v 15^ woot. Ill just keep playing Socom, rather then playing respawn over and over and over.... ;)

Neoblackhound ]
NEO-X- ]

I guess this is what you call blind love...

so far in love' date=' that you look past the suck

[/quote']

It's just the fact that we can handle the little flaws rather then sit here crybaby this crybaby that, oh it's not everything I wanted so imma cry, cry, cry. Oh Em Gee clan ladders because rank really reflects how good you are, it's not blind love I see everything people bitch about and can say it rarely affect's anything I do in the game, I don't use grenades, I rarely sit in the water, I don't stand on bumpy grounds, most of the crap people are complaining about I don't bother with because everyone else does. My biggest problem with Socom is my fault lol I don't have the greatest connection but! Upgrades are coming soon to fix it 30v 15^ woot. Ill just keep playing Socom, rather then playing respawn over and over and over.... ;)

the only thing that really bothers me is the climbing stuff when i wanna change my camera angle its killed me so many times lol but yea love the game to a fault

sorry MW2 and MAG are just another FPS, i can go to game stop and pick any damn FPS, all the same, played them all, boring...next

I am of the same opinion as you on this in 99% of the cases. I am a hardcore Socomer. I left COD 4 after a few months to go back to combined assault. I play Socom as much as I can I can't ever get enough. MW2 is not a super priority on my list I will probably get it mostly for the single player. Now MAG on the other hand I have been playing in the beta for a little while now and I gotta say this is a launch day purchase for me. This FPS is very unique and with a large team of allied clans implementing Socom style team work it is going to be incredible. Honestly I think MAG will be a system seller for Sony this game has potential to dominate anything else on the market. MAG feels more like a real war than anything I have ever played. I cannot say enough good things about this game. Almost no lag in the first week of a private beta with 128 player battles :o

To people who say they want to pay money for Sony's online service to be better wait until you see what quality net code can do.

I will never leave Socom and I look forward to the next installment but MAG is going to get a serious chunk of my attention come January.

On Topic I have zero faith in /6 to fix this game I'll believe it if they do it.

Who cares if they fix it or not. They put out a broken product, and in any other industry that would have made the company tank and all kinds of recalls put out. But no. We have the worlds dumbest smart-nerds collected in one fanbase; enough that if they put SOCOM on a box of off-brand Cheerios, we'll all be trying to play that and say how much better than COD it is.

Pathogen- ]

Who cares if they fix it or not. They put out a broken product' date=' and in any other industry that would have made the company tank and all kinds of recalls put out. But no. We have the worlds dumbest smart-nerds collected in one fanbase; enough that if they put SOCOM on a box of off-brand Cheerios, we'll all be trying to play that and say how much better than COD it is.

[/quote']

LMAO there is so much truth to that if they put socom on the side of a cereal box i would def go out and buy it then all my morning cereals for the rest of my life would be kept in that box

i started out trying Socom 1 becuase it was easier to put in and play online then Tiger woods was. I was hooked the minute I put it in and got killed the first 30 rounds I played! Socom has the most skilled shooters for any shooting game Ive seen and always will. I run & gun so I like confrontaion but I have NO faith that /6 can fix anything!

Whats broke w/ the game again?? Look we are all beyond the page 46 in the manual or whatever that claims they will have passwords in the game.. NONE of us are in need of the tourney or calendar system.. thats what UF is for. The sound issues could be fixed.. the weapons could ALWAYS be adjusted.. cuz $20 says.. once the Famas gets reduced.. the IW or something else will be next in line for complaints..

Guys this game is totally playable and has been for a long time.. could it be better ???? SURE .. could like be better.. well depending on who you are.. the answer is usually Yes but could be no.. point is.. cross your fingers and enjoy the ride... or bail now and move on..

The patch will indeed be interesting to see what it infact fixes and if they continue earlier patches w/ breaking other things.. I think they have worked hard and we should see some good out of the patch.. but we will find out for sure come Tuesday..