Pre-UF1 here. I tried out for APC a couple of months before UF went public. When Undertow told me I would be useful to have around for the tournament they had coming up, I had no idea what I was in for.

I still remember APC's first UF war (vs HIT, which we won, they were led by some guy named Timber-Wolf), the map (crossroads). My other favorite moment would've been beating the other (former) host clan, ReD, in UF2.

I also made the first non-creator post in the original UF forum public section. I've been a recovering post-whore for about 3 years.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UF's very first tourney. Was pretty epic, and it would have gone on for a lot longer because Cp* and THM were last 2 left with I forget, maybe THM having 24 states and Cp* having 26. At the time THM actually played on a regular basis and we ran the sniping game, as a member or 2 of THM were often recruited to snipe for our allies wars haha. It somehow got decided by the powers to be that it would end with a single war night, which we ended up losing in the most intense Blood Lake i've ever been in.

Hopefully with the upcoming patches we can get a steady amount of ppl to play again so we can participate in a tourney again.

Since the beginning baby! I didn't get too involved in UF1 unfortunately. I took a clan that I was the 2nd in command of into UF2 named Seal Team Two [sT2]. We allied with APC (that was when alliances were allowed and beneficial) and midway through UF2 the clan fell apart due to a Mass exodus caused by the Clan Leader essentially disbanding the clan. I joined APC as soon as ST2 was officially dissolved and we had a solid run at it. The rest was history and I'm happy to say I'm one of the few and proud UFers that have been in every Tac Map tourney. So many great moments forever captured in history (That 28 round war with *S* was an epic one).

Btw what's up SOCO/Mike-Ops?! This is the former smokeosama. Haven't seen you online in what seems like years, yet we live like 10 blocks apart in real life and have never met lol.

Mike-OPs ]

LMAO foolz i remember your app. then playing against you in plenty of pubby rooms when you were with RC. good times bro, good times. You definately choose wrong clan though, im not gonna lie!!! JJ RC love considering they are the reason im with TOU!!!

LMFAO!! Def some good times bro. The quote "if he only knew" and the link to the Tac Map on my app thread actually haunted me for quite some time after that. ;D

NEO-X- ]

I was around to watch a little bit of UF2 on the forums and website...

and finally got my clan of the time involved in UF3 (which still holds the record for being the longest lasting UF tourney' date=' not to mention the untimely end)

During UF3 we plays clans such as the Tactical Assassins, and The Warriors (Chilli's clan)

9 Straight weeks of Tidal Fury Control Points... lol...

Just curious how far back do YOU go?

*And yes chilli, we know that you were here since the beginning.. ya bastard.

[/quote']Thats no fair.. i wanna say when i started here too.. :'(

We were recruited by Demo from ReD on SocomArena.com

UF1 we were [=R=] Renegades & allied with [APC], then [Cp*] - Cp* won. ;)

UF3/S3 we changed to \\'arriors. ;D

I have to say one thing!! Demo was a hell of a recruiter. I was playing under the name SOCO and I used to be a beast. (not so much anymore) and I walk into a medley and the map was blizzard. So my first round starts and Demo and (Icant remember his name maybe Savage) were Tk'ing everyone and talking so much smack and i said on the mic "dude leave me out of it " so they did and needless to say it was me and them 2 against 8 dudes and we tore them up. I was diong good so Demo was like "hey you should check out this site www.urgentfury.com its a tourny im running" so I did and the next week I was with RC. LOL

My very first UF tourney.....hmmmmmmmm...........LOL

I remember UF1. It was a magical day.

"State of the Union" it was called.

Still have my State of the Union tourney t-shirt from that listing all of the participating clans on the back.

It was a hell of a scary time throwing a new tourney out there and the worry that Sniper and I, along with Demo (the other third original creator) had about hoping EVERYONE was going to love it. What a immature and ignorant worry. LOL Back in the time when we thought we COULD please everyone.

Once we got over that thought, things became a lot easier for us mentally as the years went on.

My favorite tourney as a player would have to be UF3 where my clan, then named A Perfect Circle, went 30+ weeks in first place before the tourney got shut down. It was a hell of a run and one I do not believe was duplicated, though there have been some monstrous clans come to UF since then as well. After that, we limited the number of weeks of a tourney to 12 or so, so I don't know if that record will ever be challenged. Be fun to see it get challenged, though. :)

My favorite tourney as a creator would have been The Horsemen tourney. We've run TACMAPs forever. Black, forever. Did a charity tourney in which players from all clans were randomly teamed up to work with one another.....but Horsemen, I thought Horsemen was such a GREAT idea, my favorite I came up with out of all the tourneys. Sounds weird, maybe, with all the storylines and game mechanics that Sniper and I came up with through the years together....but Horsemen was kinda "my" baby from concept to hand-off (to Sniper for its design). I loved the idea of ONE guy being valued over all others and what each team would do with that player. LOVE it. If the new administration here will ever run another Horsemen tourney or another like it, I would very much like to feel that adrenaline rush that everyone else was talking about when being the Horseman. I never felt that when the tourney launched and played out.

And lastly, my favorite match.....and I think most know this (and it was mentioned above), was the motherF'n epic battle between my then-clan, A Perfect Circle, vs. Stormwatch on Copperhead Demo.

Twenty-eight friggin' rounds, deadlocked in a 1-1 round tie until APC finally broke it up with a great effort of team play and a scramble, last minute (but more like last SECONDS), to get a kill of a hiding gunner that gave us the win. Both clans were basically saying "thank god we won" and "thank god we lost" just because players wanted to eat/sleep/fuck/jerk-off/piss/shit/rip-their-hair-out or whatever the hell they wanted to do that they couldn't do because they were caught up in an unexpected 3.75 hour war!

That was was longer than a friggin' director's cut version of Lord of the fucking Rings! LOL

Credit to both teams for not wanting to give up and for making a match SO grueling, SO nailbiting that not ONE gunner from either team wanted to be that one kill that would tip the tide of the war. Memorable for so many reasons, and one of the milestones of affection I've had for Urgent Fury ever since.

Speaking of stories and Stormwatch.....there was also this one time when this dude pulled down his pants for everyone.......... ;)

Ahhhhh, thanks, UF, for this li'l trip down memory lane.

It was a nice one.

- TOW

Yes UF1 was great fighting for American states made it all the more interesting.. you had people wanting to control states that they lived in, etc.

There was only one loop hole that no one really noticed until later, was that Florida had an advantage over the rest.. (you had to be there. lol)

Chili-Palmer ]

Yes UF1 was great fighting for American states made it all the more interesting.. you had people wanting to control states that they lived in, etc.

There was only one loop hole that no one really noticed until later, was that Florida had an advantage over the rest.. (you had to be there. lol)

I loved UF1. And the allies made it even better.

xRed0ctobeRx ]

You guys and those damn RPG's ::)

WTF are you talking about?! RPG's were sweet! I rocked them like crazy! There wasn't anybody in UF during UF3 besides my fellow ReD Cell member H.N.I.C. that could tear it up like me.

I could hit you where you were, where you were running, where you were going to be, while running, and even knew how to hit the walls/ground around where you were if I couldn't get to you; in order to get the kill. I had mad skills!

lol you're just mad Red because you didn't have the skills to share in the destruction! :angel:

I've been around these parts since UF2, didn't fully participate until UF3 though.

CDBS14 ]

The original crucible' date=' i remember winning the sniper only scenario even though we played a 4 Vs 8

Which reminds me we were always down by like 5 guys on the first crucible, lol

[/quote']

I remember one of your first or maybe it was your first, was against us when we were APC and I was smokeosama. You fielded a full 8 that night I believe and it was a really well played war if I remember correctly. It was on Strike S&D. Don't ask me how I remember all that, but I cannot remember what I ate for lunch today lol.

Lockdown ]
xRed0ctobeRx ]

WTF are you talking about?! RPG's were sweet! I rocked them like crazy! There wasn't anybody in UF during UF3 besides my fellow ReD Cell member H.N.I.C. that could tear it up like me.

I could hit you where you were' date=' where you were running, where you were going to be, while running, and even knew how to hit the walls/ground around where you were if I couldn't get to you; in order to get the kill. I had mad skills!

lol you're just mad Red because you didn't have the skills to share in the destruction! :angel:

I've been around these parts since UF2, didn't fully participate until UF3 though.

[/quote']

Obviously you did not play KO on Antenora. That is what I was referring to.

• Directors
xRed0ctobeRx ]
Lockdown ]
xRed0ctobeRx ]

I could hit you where you were' date=' where you were running, where you were going to be, while running, and even knew how to hit the walls/ground around where you were if I couldn't get to you; in order to get the kill. I had mad skills!

[/quote']

Wow we will be forever remembered for that territory ;D

Shane ]
xRed0ctobeRx ]
Lockdown ]
xRed0ctobeRx ]

[/quote']

Wow we will be forever remembered for that territory ;D

Whoa! were you the guys who had that as SUPP? I remember I was with [LA] and I believed we attacked you, I got a lucky ass nade into your back spawn and killed someone. Once we got that kill our assault team ran like bitches all the way back to our spawn.

Xx-CHURCHY-xX ]

I'm pretty sure it was Antenora Breach.. which is why it was so adf24ig2ofr hard to win. I'm not ENTIRELY sure, but I remember the Seals HAD to go to the Terrorists to win.. and no one ever did. :'( Always ran right into those damn RPG's and PMN mines and could never do a damn thing

Yes, it was Antenora Breach. I remember in particular eating a MosH-A-LosH RPG every time I ran down the hallway from the lake side breach. There was one of two deathtrap routes in: The staircase or the hallway. KO held it down the best I've ever seen and I believe every one of the remaining clans attacked them at least one time there. We attacked it a minimum of I'd say 5 times, most likely it was much more. UF3 we warred in about 100 total wars and that was just the one map we could never take.

I remember always trying to go after the stairs entrance instead of the lake entrance. Either way, it was impossible. It probably could be done on Confrontation (given that half the weapons don't work most of the time) but it was just impossible before. I don't remember attacking them much on that map, but I remember when it was done, it was a headache. Couldn't remember getting that far passed the staircase. And if we were able to get through the defenses, it took so much time, we couldn't plant!

But you know, that's what I miss about Socom. HOME FIELD ADVANTAGE. NO TEAM SWITCHING. If you had a territory, it was YOURS. This is why the tacmap was so BEAST. Not only was it long and gruesome, but you had to play maps like Antenora Breach Seals. It gave us a challenge that Confrontation hasn't given us. When you were attacking, you were always at a huge disadvantage because the home team knew how to play the map. It made Socom fun. Annoying, but fun. It took real teamwork and strategy to win any map where you're at a massive disadvantage.