Constitutional Debate.....

Two things to discuss, both are in the situation of the person being a convicted felon....

When a person is convicted of a felony, any felony, be it violent or non-violent, he or she loses TWO Constitutional Rights "guaranteed" to them for being a US citizen...

#1 Is the right to Vote

#2 Is the right to bear arms

My opinions will come later, some or many of you may already know my opinions here....lol.

Guest [iLL] Andawg

If you can't handle the punishment don't do the crime.

And politics on this forum is a bad idea! We're here to have fun, not debate the rights and wrongs of the U.S. Constitution

Here in Iowa, though, we call it a Pardon. I completely agree with Andawg, you understand what you are giving up when you do the crime. No matter what you are doing(because I do know there are some pretty petty Felonies out there) but if you have to do the time then face the facts that you will never do either. Sorry jsut how it is and should be!

Red0ctobeR ]

Here in Iowa, though, we call it a Pardon. I completely agree with Andawg, you understand what you are giving up when you do the crime. No matter what you are doing(because I do know there are some pretty petty Felonies out there) but if you have to do the time then face the facts that you will never do either. Sorry jsut how it is and should be!

sorry my spelling is the best next time ill try harder for you. jsut:)

MR.CLEAN.. ]

where in iowa do you live red?

Well now I will tell you the great Iowa journey... *blows dust off of book and opens it*

Well I was born and raised in a small rural community about 30 miles west of Iowa City, Marengo. I then migrated to the great city of Ames where I recieved my Bachelors of Science from THE Iowa State University. Now I live in Western Iowa in a town Called Glenwood about a Half hour south and east of omaha, NE. I work all over the state in my brothers and my business.

And that is my life in a paragragh. Of course I have lived in Pennsylvania for about a year. But I don't really count that. ;)

^^^^^^ lol

I wasn't trying to begin any kind of heated discussion here. I am a convicted felon, from the ages of 16-22 i was a professional car thief. I was eventually caught by federal autorities and served a full five years of my 2-5 year sentence. Three years of that was voluntary as i was parolled after 2 years but refused to give a viable addres to release into. I chose to do this. Just as I chose to commit the crimes. Not one time have I EVER blamed anyone else for my decisions, as no convict should. The authorities were doing their job, as i was mine. Those five years lead me to get out and go to college, earn my B.S. in Comp. Sci. at Bloomsburg Univ....a state school here in Pa.

I am one of the few who did rehabilitate from prison. True 90% of criminals go back...but if they do they can't vote or bear arms in there anyway, as well as all those other rights...thats when you give up all your rights and serve your punishment. Once free of the legal system and performing as a "upstanding citizen", you are to regain your rights as per the constitution...except these.

I personally have no desire to bear arms...I do wish to vote. Does one vote count, no. But there are an awful lot of free men and women out there who are still americans, some of them have served their country and even earned medals defending it, but can not vote.

I could go on and on...sorry. But i see both sides of the fence. I'm not dumb. I have an above average IQ. I just had one of those lives and childhoods where my environments were more conduitive for using my kn owledge to make quick cash. Now i'm a business owner and involved in my community. I actually teach offensive/defensive to my local Sheriff's Deputies. Things and people change, but only if they want.

and theres but a excerpt of a chapter in my life...lol

A420KING ]

^^^^^^ lol

I wasn't trying to begin any kind of heated discussion here. I am a convicted felon, from the ages of 16-22 i was a professional car thief. I was eventually caught by federal autorities and served a full five years of my 2-5 year sentence. Three years of that was voluntary as i was parolled after 2 years but refused to give a viable addres to release into. I chose to do this. Just as I chose to commit the crimes. Not one time have I EVER blamed anyone else for my decisions, as no convict should. The authorities were doing their job, as i was mine. Those five years lead me to get out and go to college, earn my B.S. in Comp. Sci. at Bloomsburg Univ....a state school here in Pa.

I am one of the few who did rehabilitate from prison. True 90% of criminals go back...but if they do they can't vote or bear arms in there anyway, as well as all those other rights...thats when you give up all your rights and serve your punishment. Once free of the legal system and performing as a "upstanding citizen", you are to regain your rights as per the constitution...except these.

I personally have no desire to bear arms...I do wish to vote. Does one vote count, no. But there are an awful lot of free men and women out there who are still americans, some of them have served their country and even earned medals defending it, but can not vote.

I could go on and on...sorry. But i see both sides of the fence. I'm not dumb. I have an above average IQ. I just had one of those lives and childhoods where my environments were more conduitive for using my kn owledge to make quick cash. Now i'm a business owner and involved in my community. I actually teach offensive/defensive to my local Sheriff's Deputies. Things and people change, but only if they want.

LIKE I SAID "DEPENDS ON THE CRIME"....T5HEIR ARE SOME BULLSHIT STUFF OUT THERE PEOPLE GETTING 20 YEARS FOR WEED BUT ANOTHER MAN TAKES SOME ONE'S LIFE AND GET 5-10 BULLSHIT

AND I'M GLAD TO SEE YOU TOOK THE ROAD LESS TRAVELED..THE UNPAVED ROAD...GOOD JOB MAN

lol

Since i can't possess a firearm i am in possession of 16 true Katana's, placed strategically around the house in "decorative" fasion. With the close quarters in my house a gun could be useless...if you can get me outside, within 15 feet would be 50/50...lol

Remember when i was threatend by one of the very old troubled clan leaders in UF 2... he was going to come down to my house and kick my ass!!! Ah, good times....lol

Guest KingJunk
A420KING ]

^^^^^^ lol

EVERY VOTE COUNTS

Remember back when Clinton was in office and they had that land scandal? I don't remember the whole story but wasn't Hillary hit with that? Now she is a senator and going to run for President.... makes you wonder.

What about DC's mayor didn't he run after all that crack and hooker scandal? and WON if I remember correctly!

I am not as knowledgable in politics as I should be but I know there are a lot of felons in our system. Most are for financial dealings, bad checks or whatever. Anything over $350 ( I think it is that low) is considered a felony.

Marion Shepilov Barry, Jr. (born March 6, 1936) is an American politician who served as the second elected mayor of the District of Columbia from 1979 to 1991, and again as the fourth mayor from 1995 to 1999. He was the target of a high-profile 1990 arrest on drug charges, which precluded him from seeking reelection that year. After he was convicted of the charges, Barry served 6 months in prison, but was elected to the D.C. council in 1992 and ultimately to the mayoralty in 1994, serving a second term from 1995 to 1999. Today, Barry serves on the Council of the District of Columbia, representing Ward Eight, which comprises Anacostia and Congress Heights.

And I was wrong about Clinton scandal. But with all the shit that happened with him in office it is easy to get confused.

"Clinton later became the first First Lady to be subpoenaed, however, and testified before a Federal grand jury as a consequence of the Whitewater scandal in 1996, but was never charged with any wrongdoing in this or several other investigations during the Clinton administration. "

SHANE23 ]

Marion Shepilov Barry, Jr. (born March 6, 1936) is an American politician who served as the second elected mayor of the District of Columbia from 1979 to 1991, and again as the fourth mayor from 1995 to 1999. He was the target of a high-profile 1990 arrest on drug charges, which precluded him from seeking reelection that year. After he was convicted of the charges, Barry served 6 months in prison, but was elected to the D.C. council in 1992 and ultimately to the mayoralty in 1994, serving a second term from 1995 to 1999. Today, Barry serves on the Council of the District of Columbia, representing Ward Eight, which comprises Anacostia and Congress Heights.

The key word here is "felony." Were his charges FELONY charges?