Lost world

I just saw this on yahoo. I don't know about you guys but this is amazing to me. The discovery of new species that are much different from anything we know. Fanged frogs and giant rats are just a few. They developed in isolation for the last 200,000 years. I can't wait to hear more about this great discovery.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2009/sep/07/discovery-species-papua-new-guinea

Evolution is THEORY ONLY.

It always falls flat when they get to the part where the transition happened or the split of the species.

Take the Polar Bear. It could have split from like the Brown Bear. Or it came to be that nature needed a bear like creature to control the northern animal population (seals). They can't produce with another bear species because there not supposed to.

Intelligent design? Dinosaurs. It would suck today to walk outside and have to run from a T-Rex.

i believe they are not 200,000 years old....

but nice find...

Yeah my fault on the wording. I meant the environment formed by the volcanic eruption.

MarauderHD ]

Evolution is THEORY ONLY.

It always falls flat when they get to the part where the transition happened or the split of the species.

Take the Polar Bear. It could have split from like the Brown Bear. Or it came to be that nature needed a bear like creature to control the northern animal population (seals). They can't produce with another bear species because there not supposed to.

Intelligent design? Dinosaurs. It would suck today to walk outside and have to run from a T-Rex.

I have no idea what you are trying to say. :-\

i hate getting into these kind of discussions cause i get really into them as a irish catholic and such evolution is real i believe that but it doesnt take nearly as long as people think have u looked at human development in the past 100 years? the average human is about a foot taller if you ever go into really old homes and look how big the door frames are there only about 5" theres proof enough right there dont forget what breeding does theres always the right enviroment where to diff animals can GET IT ON :-\ and create a creature that never exsisted before ok imma leave it at that but evo doesnt have to take THOUSANDS OF THOUSANDS of years we sprouted up a foot in a century yet noone seems to notice the obvious things right in front of them like the fact that your sunglasses youve been looking for all day is on your forehead and the keys are in your hand ;)

BigMoneyNacku ]

I thought this thread was about how awesome that is to get to explore that place and they found new species?

What the hell is this evolution vs religion crap?

I guess that was started when I mentioned that I didnt believe they were that old... but hey... I dont believe in evolution, its a theory that has never been proven by science....you cant find the middle of the transition...However I am not one of the christians that believe the world is around 6,000 years old either... since I believe God creates everything perfect according to the book of Isiah, but in Genesis 1:2 it says the earth was without formand void... I believe God created the heavens and the earth in Genesis 1:1, but in 1:2 the earth is covered in water because of aJudgement by God... so between Genesis 1:1 and 1:2 is gap of time, thiscould be the time of the dinosaurs, ect.... also in the Book of Job a creature is mentioned that resembles a dinosaur, even though the translation into english is a hippo, the description of it is more to that of a dinosaur...

Thats my belief.... I do not argue and dont want to, I was just stating what I believe... I am not belittling your beliefs, I just hate when people say this like this basically prove evolution or at least prove creation didnt happen evolution they say is true yet has never been scientifically proven.... you can believe it but dont put down my beliefs because you disagree:)

I don't care about your beliefs. I don't care about the evolutionist's beliefs. The crap comment was about the argument itself.

The fact remains that 40+ species didn't exist as far as MAN knew until a few weeks ago. That is fucking cool. ;)

yea a argument of those 2 subjects amongst a large amount of people never turns out well bottom line both sides do not have 100% bulletproof proof it all comes down to yourself and as humans it is IMPOSSIBLE for everyone to agree best thing to do is agree to disagree and leave it to the subject of the original :) post

BigMoneyNacku ]

I don't care about your beliefs. I don't care about the evolutionist's beliefs. The crap comment was about the argument itself.

The fact remains that 40+ species didn't exist as far as MAN knew until a few weeks ago. That is fucking cool. ;)

Thank you

X-_SHaTTeReD_-X ]

yea a argument of those 2 subjects amongst a large amount of people never turns out well bottom line both sides do not have 100% bulletproof proof it all comes down to yourself and as humans it is IMPOSSIBLE for everyone to agree best thing to do is agree to disagree and leave it to the subject of the original :) post

and thank you ;D

I still find this absolutely astounding. Its almost like we have been given a second chance with the animal world. We have driven numerous animal species to extinction and to the brink of extinction. Here is our chance to not fuck that up again and do some good. There is still a good chance they have not even discovered all of the animals there.

BigMoneyNacku ]

Thank you

X-_SHaTTeReD_-X ]

and thank you ;D

I still find this absolutely astounding. Its almost like we have been given a second chance with the animal world. We have driven numerous animal species to extinction and to the brink of extinction. Here is our chance to not fuck that up again and do some good. There is still a good chance they have not even discovered all of the animals there.

anytime someone goes into the rainforest the chances of discovering a new animal is high... which is a good thing... I love seeing the new animals that come out, but one thing that sucks,is how little of the rainforests are left. Some people believe the plants in the rainforest can be cures for differant diseases and such, which would be a good thing if the funding was there...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/a-skull-that-rewrites-the-history-of-man-1783861.html

This was a good read today as well, new skull found. Scientists believe it may be over a million years old.

Please keep all religious views off the forums folks. It never ends well for either side :police:

SnowBud ]

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/a-skull-that-rewrites-the-history-of-man-1783861.html

This was a good read today as well' date=' new skull found. Scientists believe it may be over a million years old.

Please keep all religious views off the forums folks. It never ends well for either side :police:

[/quote']

the skull.....it was found not far from where i live actually lol... and one of the guys I work with knows the Professor pretty well.... though that was interesting though