need help with a serious skunk problem

ok so i have a huge skunk problem i have 2 dogs that are getting sprayed biweekly and i need to get rid of them theres 6 different ones on my account ive called pest control they wont do shit about it are they considered a pest? can i legally shoot them? will do wutever it takes to get rid of these things any help or ideas would be MUCH apprecciated thanks guys

yea i had a similar problem with raccoons tearing up the roof of the house so i just laid traps and caught a few of them and released them in the forest preserve a couple blocks away ..i think you should contact your local government and find out your options or lay a couple of trips that wont hurt the animal and where you don't get sprayed and release them a good distance away

i guess imma have to trap them cause animal control wont do shit about it i call them and theyre like well send someone right out and out of the 6 times ive called not once has anyone shown up my dogs are terrrified to go out side lol catching will be easy releasing with out gettin sprayed im not lookin forward to not to mention the car ride out times like these i wish i had a truck any more suggestions would be great and yea there illegal to kill but whos gonna care if a few skunks go missing

Do you have to worry about any other animals? If not set out some old meat and put some poison all over it. Dead in a week.

If your going to shoot them check with your neighbors first. Let them know what your plan is. Just use a .22. That is more then enough.

Trapping them will suck. As soon as you go to the trap they will start spraying. If you trap them shoot them then.

Otherwise call your local Game and parks. There should be someone there that can help you.

z-Prime-z ]

Do you have to worry about any other animals? If not set out some old meat and put some poison all over it. Dead in a week.

If your going to shoot them check with your neighbors first. Let them know what your plan is. Just use a .22. That is more then enough.

Trapping them will suck. As soon as you go to the trap they will start spraying. If you trap them shoot them then.

Otherwise call your local Game and parks. There should be someone there that can help you.

You can use a covered trap to try and prevent them spraying.

They're coming around for a reason...

Do you leave the dogs some food outside?

They're more then likely coming around because you have some type of food source there after or your neighbor has something there after. Skunks are almost like cats. Get rid of what there coming for and you get rid of your skunk problem.

BigMoneyNacku ]
z-Prime-z ]

You can use a covered trap to try and prevent them spraying.

Covered or not the smell is still there. :-X

LuckyS_T_A_R_S ]

if i shoot them theyll be dead first shot my .380 might be a bit overkill though and it cant get anyworse then it already is ive had to replace a whole carpet and all the cushions on my couch as well as 2 rugs and the shower curtain and my fav polo

Sounds like them lil bastards owe you some $$. I'd make em pay. So go out and buy a pound or two of some Schwaggy Dirt weed. Then catch them skunks and rub the weed all over them to get it smellin all skunky like. Turn around and sell that shit for x5 times what ya paid for it (watch out for repeat customers) and ya might even begin to like the lil bastards!

rofl thanks for the help couldnt set out poison theres neighbors cats everywhere and all the cats are pretty friendly so i did one trap covered didnt work that well got the mom took her out to a park and let her go then shot 2 more of them felt bad for one of them was still squirmin after the first shot and but the first one dead on impact i only have to wait for the other 2 to show up and no we have no dog food outside and all the trash is in a bin

That reminds me of a funny story.

Before i met my wife, she was living alone and had a skunk living somewhere in or under her trailer. Someone she worked with gave her a trap and she ended up catching it. She asked what to do with it now and the guy told her that it won't spray what it can't see, so she proceeded to cover herself up in a sheet like a ghost so it couldn't see her. LMAO

i had the same problem a few years ago so i got a two neighbors who also had high powered bb guns and we went out expecting to get maybe 5 at the most but we eneded up killing 20 in one night... there was a smell but it only lasted a day and didnt get into the houses so for one day of smell it was well worth it... it is illegal but like you said no one will take care of it and sometimes its best and easier to take matters into your own hands