PS3 gains instant pizza-ordering functionality

gam_pspizza_580.jpg

We're finding it difficult to decide whether this piece of news indicates the beginning of a beautiful, shining era for humanity -- or whether it's an irrefutable sign of the swiftly approaching end of days. The PS3's internet browser home page now includes a "Papa John's" button, which allows esurient clickers to order hot, delicious pizza with a few quick taps of the DualShock 3's face buttons.

To put it in Console War terminology, the PS3 just discovered the atomic bomb. Unless the Xbox 360 learns how to give foot massages, or the Wii actually starts printing money, the unthinkable invention of PSPizza has ensured Sony's inexorable reign.

Source: Joystick.com

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Deadly-Intent ]

wow i just seen the first American to not like pizza. :o

LOL. I worked at a dominos for a year or so and lost my taste for it. If it's what someone orders for lunch at work, I'll have a slice, but not much more than that. I definately won't be ordering one up for myself.

BigMoneyNacku ]
Deadly-Intent ]

wow i just seen the first American to not like pizza. :o

LOL. I worked at a dominos for a year or so and lost my taste for it. If it's what someone orders for lunch at work' date=' I'll have a slice, but not much more than that. I definately won't be ordering one up for myself.

[/quote']

Yeah, but Papa John's new hotwings rival Domino's old wings in flavor....they are now my favorite 'delivered' wings.

Well this is GREAT GUYS!

Now we can order pizza while we wait for patches!

But you have to stop playing your game to get to the screen to order....While X-box and wii have this system they use that allows you to play and order pizza at the same time. Its the merger of the PHONE. Its a great addition but im not sure if its system specific.

While this could be a neat addition to ps3, I really dont think its anything we should be boasting over the other systems. Its really not that cool.

-Rooster- ]

Well this is GREAT GUYS!

Now we can order pizza while we wait for patches!

But you have to stop playing your game to get to the screen to order....While X-box and wii have this system they use that allows you to play and order pizza at the same time. Its the merger of the PHONE. Its a great addition but im not sure if its system specific.

While this could be a neat addition to ps3, I really dont think its anything we should be boasting over the other systems. Its really not that cool.

Of course you don't. I bet a BluRay player sucks really really bad too.

BTW, how IS those HDDVD's? I know a website you can get em CHEAP! ;)

WHAT?

I like my blue ray player. I don't have a hdd player. I have both systems.

You may have missed the point, The point was, I don't think anyone should try holding this over any other systems head as a great feature as its useless.

Boast about the blue ray being awesome, It really is. Boast about it being free, we get what we pay for but hey its still free. But not about being able to order pizza.

Its mostly aimed at the comment "PS3 FTW". Its embarrassing as a PS3 owner to have that as one of the reasons it may or may not be better. :-[

Unless it was a joke, Then it was a funny one ;D

-Rooster- ]

WHAT?

I like my blue ray player. I don't have a hdd player. I have both systems.

You may have missed the point, The point was, I don't think anyone should try holding this over any other systems head as a great feature as its useless.

Boast about the blue ray being awesome, It really is. Boast about it being free, we get what we pay for but hey its still free. But not about being able to order pizza.

Its mostly aimed at the comment "PS3 FTW". Its embarrassing as a PS3 owner to have that as one of the reasons it may or may not be better. :-[

Unless it was a joke, Then it was a funny one ;D

Well, we all know both systems have their faults and their bonuses, but I wanted to jab a certain Staff member who bleeds neon green.......and you came in and spoiled it for us. :'(

I am personally not lazy enough (yet) to require my diet be dictated by my PS3. ;)

That was what I was going to poke fun of as well. The obesity rate LOL. We wont have to get up from our chairs to order a pizza. Now if we can get the delivery boy to come in and set it on the armrest next to us, then we will be all set. ;D

Next system update will let us use our ps eye to do video ordering. :laugh:

Tool_Minion ]

Well, we all know both systems have their faults and their bonuses, but I wanted to jab a certain Staff member who bleeds neon green.......and you came in and spoiled it for us. :'(

I am personally not lazy enough (yet) to require my diet be dictated by my PS3. ;)

More like red when he gets the Red Ring of Death! LOL!!!

Sorry I couldn't resist. Now all the 360 fanboys are going to gibbs smack me lol. :angel:

BacklasH ]
Tool_Minion ]

More like red when he gets the Red Ring of Death! LOL!!!

Sorry I couldn't resist. Now all the 360 fanboys are going to gibbs smack me lol. :angel:

WIN

X_-GHOST-_X ]
BigMoneyNacku ]

Meh. I don't eat pizza, so it does nothing for me.

how in the hell dont you eat pizza.... ???

I wasn't a huge fan of pizza in the past. Then I worked at a domino's for 2 years, now I can't eat it. The only exception is Papa Murphys take and bake. I don't know what the one she gets is called, but it's the only one I'll eat. Even then I usually don't eat most of the crust.