PSN Connection issues

Hey UF, I was hoping someone here might be able to help me. I won't lie, I am a little bit of a cpu/internet retard, well at least in comparison to most of you. I have been having trouble connecting to PSN since moving and getting a new service provider. Here's the situation:

I have a cable modem (RCA brand DCM425 model) and no router (will be fixing that soon). I have a wired connection directly from my modem to my ps3 and I have entered the DNS and IP info manually, however, I still have no results. I have the same connection to my laptop currently and everything is working just fine. I was on socom 2 days ago, not exactly sure how, but I was, so i know its possible. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

• Directors

if you are switching between your laptop and your ps3 then you need to turn your modem off for about a minute or so to clear your device's mac from the system. make sure you power down the modem completely even if you have to unpug the power to it.

Then turn your modem on, followed by your device.

Shane ]

if you are switching between your laptop and your ps3 then you need to turn your modem off for about a minute or so to clear your device's mac from the system. make sure you power down the modem completely even if you have to unpug the power to it.

Then turn your modem on, followed by your device.

yo shane thanks for the help. That was a great call, I just needed to let it sit for a sec after unplugging it.