Signal Boosting Suggestions

I have terrible signal with my current setup in my house. My PS3 gets about 37% signal strength. My room is in the basement of my house, and the modem/router are on the third floor of my house. I can't move the router or modem down to the main floor, or to the basement, so I need to explore another possibility. An ethernet cable snaking through my house is not my first choice, but if you guys don't have a better suggestion I might just have to do that. I prefer to keep it cheap, but if I have to buy something expensive, I have to. Thanks for any suggestions!

Jackal.

• Directors

Actally with gaming, hard wired is your best option, but maybe adding an access point to the first floor would be a good idea. You can get a linksys one that does not have to be plugged in. It can be set up as a repeater.

JackalSTARS ]

I have terrible signal with my current setup in my house. My PS3 gets about 37% signal strength. My room is in the basement of my house, and the modem/router are on the third floor of my house. I can't move the router or modem down to the main floor, or to the basement, so I need to explore another possibility. An ethernet cable snaking through my house is not my first choice, but if you guys don't have a better suggestion I might just have to do that. I prefer to keep it cheap, but if I have to buy something expensive, I have to. Thanks for any suggestions!

Jackal.

You could consider fishing a cable down through a main wall in your house. Other than that yeah your next best bet is some kind of repeater set up. I wouldn't play wireless with anything less than 85-90% signal strength. I bet you skip all over the place the way you have it set up right now.

Yeah. I'm exploring the cable idea. But I don't lag all the time. Some days it's perfectly smooth, sometimes I can't even load SOCOM because it freezes and I lag out of the PSN. I'm confused though because I don't disconnect from the internet; 80% of the time, I lose PSN connection, although I'm still connected to the internet. Idk. Crazy thing.

• Directors

Also consider that you can get 50 or 100ft of cat5 at lowes for like $40 max and run it out the 3rd floor window into the basement window

John ]

Also consider that you can get 50 or 100ft of cat5 at lowes for like $40 max and run it out the 3rd floor window into the basement window

That's probably what I'm going to end up doing, seeing as I have the same problem. The funny thing is that it only happens when I'm playing Confrontation. Any other game I can play for hours and hours, but I get kicked out of rooms and the PSN all the time playing Socom. >:(