What is Cross-Title Voice Chat?

http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/5853.html

Is it basically what it says? You can voice chat with people playing a completely different game? Also, why is it soooo cool that PS3 owners are demanding it. IMO, I can't see why I would want to chat with someone playing another game. Unless its easier to invite them to your game as opposed to IM'ing them.

It's all about just chatting somebody and not being limited to sitting on the dashboard/xmb. For instance, when we would have parties playing CoD night, after a while people would venture off into different games because they got tired of CoD. Even though we all went our separate ways, we were still able to chat while playing completely different games. It may not seem like a big deal, but it's a pretty huge feature when you consider how often people want to talk to each other.

It definitely helps when you have a friend online (when they're away for college) and you guys can chat it up while doing your own thing. It's one of the best features of the 360. It's a shame PS3 doesn't have it.

Also, with the way the xbox works, inviting someone to a game is always extremely easy. The cross-title chat just makes it so you can pretty much invite everyone in your party to your game without doing it individually.

Who knows what it'll be like on the PS3, if they ever implement the feature.

You can talk to absolutely anyone you want, regardless of what you're doing, what they're doing or what game either of you are playing. You can do this by either setting up a private chat or by setting up a party.

So just say they gave that ability to the PS3. You could be in Central 2 Demo and you could be in Canada East Medley and be able to talk to each other in a personal chat. You won't be able to hear the people in the game with you since you're in a private chat, but you're able to talk to him regardless of what he's doing. Or you could be playing Socom and be could be playing Madden and you guys will be able to voice chat with eachother without a prob

Yea, its a great feature.!!

I also use it as a hands free phone very often when working on websites, etc.

Irish where did you hear about this.?

If it is an upcoming feature to PS3 why would you post this in the Xbox section.?

It nothing new to xbox so i know it is not xbox news..

Or is this another RVN thread to get xbox'rs to respond. :-\

Chili-Palmer ]

Yea, its a great feature.!!

I also use it as a hands free phone very often when working on websites, etc.

Irish where did you hear about this.?

If it is an upcoming feature to PS3 why would you post this in the Xbox section.?It nothing new to xbox so i know it is not xbox news..

Or is this another RVN thread to get xbox'rs to respond. :-\

Because XBOX has it, and the PS3 doesn't. So I wanted to hear what it is from people that actually use it. Completely legit.

That is EXACTLY how it is cow.

Thats why in the tournaments we have been playing in they just allow it, rather than try to police it & have the legit clans be at a disadvantage. but other than wars it is AWESOME.!!

One thing that i think can be done is to not allow dead players to watch the action, but to stay on their screen (dead body) only. (it is an option on CoD)