An unconfirmed Socom DLC detail update.

• Directors

No Confirmed Source but I found this on the Socom Boards today... http://forums.socom.com/socom/board/message?board.id=confrontation&thread.id=364244

MAPS

===================

The maps included in the Socom: Confrontation DLC Pack includes maps from previous Socom titles. This pack includes all of the previous Map Packs made for the Socom 3/Combined Assault titles, all of the multiplayer maps from the Socom 3/Combined Assault games, and now features three maps redone from Socom 2. The Map Pack maps and the Socom 3/Combined Assault maps, really haven't changed much, and are just visually better than their previous incarnations. As for the newly remade Socom 2 maps, below is a synopsis of each map:

Foxhunt still has the feeling of the old version, but now includes more rocky outcroppings, and more dense ground cover- i.e. tall grass. The so called "river" in the map, is now a raging one- still some bugs in this though, since depending on where you cross it, you will commit suicide. The stone bridge in the middle can now be blown up, to prevent the seals from extracting VIPS (although you do have to directly blow it up using C4). The overall "color" of the game heavily favors the KSK Flecktarn pattern, although most of the tan colored camos can make a player reasonably hidden. The time of day settings for this map, make it able to be played during a moonlit night or during a sunny Autumn day.

Shadow Falls, what can I say about it? Its a relatively fun map, and was one of my favorites from Socom 2. About the only real addition to the map, is the added realistic looking textures (fog, vines, water, foliage, the rope bridges). The time of day setting for this map, makes it able to be played during a nighttime thinderstorm, or during the day- although the day version is not real bright due to the increased fog, and the canopy of the trees. The map seems to favor any of the green camos (obviously), but any of the black camos will work as well.

Last and certainly not least is Vigilance- as you have most likely seen from the sneak peak, Vigilance is now a snow map. THIS IS THE MAP TO PLAY FIRST!!!!! This map gives you the ulitimate in what you would expect- it combines the best of Vigilance, combined with the best of Guidance. It still has the same features that the original map, but adds more places to be able to get access to (remember the glitches to get on the roofs, well now there are legitimate ways to get to some of these great sniping parts). The map has the ability to be played at a dusky overcast setting, or at pitch black night (slightly reminescant of Requiem). Both time of day settings, have heavy falling snow, instead of the lightly falling snow we are accustomed to in previous snow maps.

OUTFITS/CAMO

================

Now with the addition of the snow maps, we now have the choice of several snow outfits, and there is even a new outfit category for customization (instead of just having the Urban, Desert, or Night, we now have the addition of Snow). The new camos for the snow follow previous camo choices- we have all white, a white with black, and a white with gray. If you eschew the new snow camo, the Urban commercial camo choice will work just as fine in most maps.

We also now have the ability to have a Ghillie suit option, this allows you to customize a Ghillie suit to match the Autumn earthtones of Foxhunt, Harvester, and the like, or to have a leafy green suit that blends in great with the Blood Lake and Shadow Falls maps. Now with these addtions, you will now have the ability to change what outfit you wear, while you are in a room lobby (although sadly you can't change your outfit in game), before the game starts. This relys on the ability to pick from the premade player profiles as whatever you named them. The only downfall I can see with this is trying to remember what each loadout looked like, (when you are in the room lobby) as you won't have the ability to see it before you start the game- this will require players to name their suits carefully.

OTHER ADDITIONS

==================

You told Slant Six what you wanted, and they listened. In addition to the fixing of numerous bugs and annoyances with the game, Slant Six has now included the addition of turrets to every map. Vehicles are now an option, but have been left entirely on the included Socom 3/Combined Assault maps. There is also the addition of new weapons. Players now, are no longer limited to weapons of each faction. The Mercenaries now have the ability to have access to guns that have been previously thought as being "SEAL" weapons.

All in all, this package more than makes up for the shortcomings of Slant Six, and offers many features they hope will draw people back to the Socom series. Expect to be in line for this one for quite a while, because this download comes at a hefty price. At 6.5 GB, this is a monster of a download, but is reasonable considering the $5.99 price tag. Look for this package to arrive on the Playstation Store November 3rd.

I am going to see if I can find the source of this, becuae if it is true.... OMFG :o :o :o :o

This pack includes all of the previous Map Packs made for the Socom 3/Combined Assault titles, all of the multiplayer maps from the Socom 3/Combined Assault games, and now features three maps redone from Socom 2
I don't believe this. It has to be a joke.

30 maps? Yeah, right.

Adding turrets to EVERY maps? Sure.

Adding vehicles (only to S3 maps?), I doubt that.

Everyone can use every gun and is not limited to a faction gun? Yeah, the day I see a Seal using an AK or a Merc using an M4A1 is the day I completely stop playing socom.

If it's true, then I stand corrected, but it looks like total bullshit to me. Plus, I don't think any company in their right mind would give out that much for only 5.99 and also give out a 6.5 gb download. That's ridiculous.

The two best ways to find out if this is true are:

Ask someone from a certain clan (wont say which one though)

the other is to have a slant six person on your friends list:)

However I believe this to be part true and part false. from what I have heard from a really reliable source (one of the two above but I wont say which) is this:

Vigiliance is a map and it is covered in snow...we know this already from sony themselves..

I heard the other old map coming was Nightstalker and blizzard not shadow and foxhunt, however I would love to see foxhunt in the dlc it was one of my fav maps..

Turrets will be in the dlc, however not for every map, and only for certain modes(which will be new modes)

New game modes (as stated above)

2 new maps, i heard one was a middle east town looking thing, and the other will be a military base type map..

Ghillie suit will be available, however I heard this is only equipped to those using a sniper rifle.

I also heard the thing on the vehicles, but It was still told to me as a rumor:)

also on the weapons, there will be new weapons, I believe i heard around 10 for each side , however the merc carrying a seal weapon (famas) is not true:)

thats what i was told and heard from more than one person:)

DLC release date November 3rd? i was told somtime between Oct 19-November 5th, so that could be correct..

I laughed out loud a little when reading that. Definitely false. The only shred of truth in there is that Vig is in the snow, which everyone knew already. Marine is a pretty well informed person too, just judging from what I just read in his post and what I know to be true ;).

Xx-CHURCHY-xX ]
This pack includes all of the previous Map Packs made for the Socom 3/Combined Assault titles, all of the multiplayer maps from the Socom 3/Combined Assault games, and now features three maps redone from Socom 2
I don't believe this. It has to be a joke.

30 maps? Yeah, right.

Adding turrets to EVERY maps? Sure.

Adding vehicles (only to S3 maps?), I doubt that.

Everyone can use every gun and is not limited to a faction gun? Yeah, the day I see a Seal using an AK or a Merc using an M4A1 is the day I completely stop playing socom.

If it's true, then I stand corrected, but it looks like total bullshit to me. Plus, I don't think any company in their right mind would give out that much for only 5.99 and also give out a 6.5 gb download. That's ridiculous.

Why would that be an issue? I actually find that annoying in SOCOM. I hate games that give an advantage because of a certain faction or side your on. Perfect example would be the FAMAS. I mean, in the end its still a video game. Which is one of the reason I love about CoD:MW. When it comes to perks and weapons it should be an equal playing field.

But I digress. The idea of Slant 6 releasing this type of DLC, after their track record, is pretty ridiculous. I don't know if its been posted, but have you read Abigale's latest "apology post"? ::)

meauxpack ]

Guys, it doesn't say ALL S3/CA maps. It say all S3/CA MAP PACK MAPS. I don't know how many of those there were, but it's not talking about adding 20+ maps. I think it is BS too, just saying. Part of why everyone gets pissed at the /6 and Abigale posts is that they don't take the time to actually read what it says.

Uh.....It sure does

This pack includes all of the previous Map Packs made for the Socom 3/Combined Assault titles

-Rooster- ]
meauxpack ]

Guys, it doesn't say ALL S3/CA maps. It say all S3/CA MAP PACK MAPS. I don't know how many of those there were, but it's not talking about adding 20+ maps. I think it is BS too, just saying. Part of why everyone gets pissed at the /6 and Abigale posts is that they don't take the time to actually read what it says.

Uh.....It sure does

This pack includes all of the previous Map Packs made for the Socom 3/Combined Assault titles

Wanna try that again rooster?

ShadowOfaSolja ]
-Rooster- ]
meauxpack ]

Uh.....It sure does

Wanna try that again rooster?

Sure do! LOL

-Rooster- ]
meauxpack ]

Uh.....It sure does

all of the multiplayer maps from the Socom 3/Combined Assault games titles

HAHA...oops.

SnowBud ]

I thought Nightstalker was confirmed as a map not shadow falls. I think this is false' date=' I think the map pack when it does come out will be 5 maps, 3 old 2 new. And no matter what maps it contains I called the November release date lol I knew they would wait until the release of MW2.

[/quote']

Yea, if this is true along with the release date, they have definitely been holding onto this for that reason. They know after MW2 drops, the interest in SOCOM is going to dramatically decrease.

I have to admit though, as much shit I have talked about SOCOM, I'm actually enjoying it now. It helped that I'm actually decent on the game now, as to before I couldn't hit the side of a barn. So if this is true, I'll be bouncing back and forth between the two.

Wasnt Blood Lake a Socom 2 map?

They talk about Foxhunt, Shadow Falls (which IMO was the worst map ever), and Vigilance (slash Guidance slash Requiem) but then later on mention Blood Lake.

But, given that and the spelling errors (yeah I know petty but you'd expect it to be proofed), IMO, its false.

But like everything else Socom we'll have to WAIT and SEE.

BIGDANIEL ]

Wasnt Blood Lake a Socom 2 map?

They talk about Foxhunt, Shadow Falls (which IMO was the worst map ever), and Vigilance (slash Guidance slash Requiem) but then later on mention Blood Lake.

But, given that and the spelling errors (yeah I know petty but you'd expect it to be proofed), IMO, its false.

But like everything else Socom we'll have to WAIT and SEE.

Shadow falls wasnt that bad of a map:) lol I didnt like it, but I didnt like Blood Lake either...

I will be happy if Foxhunt is there, and would also like to see nightstalker.