COD MW2 Poll

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CDBS14 ]
BigMoneyNacku ]

The one vote for standard is probably CDBS. :laugh: :laugh:

actually yes.......but either way i play both....we will see though once a tourney comes around....if ever ::)

I knew it!!

And you can't blame UF for a lack of tournaments. It's not their fault that MW had a 3-6 month shelf life. I'm sure this new installment will have a shelf life too. It's the one thing Socom has had going for it since the beginning. There wasn't any shelf life. Even this new one still attracts socrackers in droves every night. Maybe they will prove me wrong with MW2, but their track record says otherwise.

Any chance we can play cod socom style when the tourneys start. It seems like the majority of people are against respawn anyways. I dont know what gamemodes mw2 will have but if it has the same ones as the last ones we should listen to chilly on this. We should do it socom style, round based no respawn.

Team Deathmatch=suppression

Sabotage=Demolition

Search & Destroy=breach kind of

etc.

BigMoneyNacku ]
CDBS14 ]
BigMoneyNacku ]

actually yes.......but either way i play both....we will see though once a tourney comes around....if ever ::)

I knew it!!

And you can't blame UF for a lack of tournaments. It's not their fault that MW had a 3-6 month shelf life. I'm sure this new installment will have a shelf life too. It's the one thing Socom has had going for it since the beginning. There wasn't any shelf life. Even this new one still attracts socrackers in droves every night. Maybe they will prove me wrong with MW2' date=' but their track record says otherwise.

[/quote']

I know its your opinion, but i got to disagree, MW had a short shelf life? like honestly? we both know cod has more numbers and brings new players all the time, i mean even to this day people are still buying that game and still playing, i mean over half my friends list are still playing, and some of them got it since day one.

And to ruthless...yes thats how the cod4 tourneys were done before, socom style. But of course tweaking it to fit the COD style of gameplay, more than socom style its like UF style ;)

CDBS14 ]
BigMoneyNacku ]
CDBS14 ]
BigMoneyNacku ]

I knew it!!

And you can't blame UF for a lack of tournaments. It's not their fault that MW had a 3-6 month shelf life. I'm sure this new installment will have a shelf life too. It's the one thing Socom has had going for it since the beginning. There wasn't any shelf life. Even this new one still attracts socrackers in droves every night. Maybe they will prove me wrong with MW2' date=' but their track record says otherwise.

[/quote']

I know its your opinion, but i got to disagree, MW had a short shelf life? like honestly? we both know cod has more numbers and brings new players all the time, i mean even to this day people are still buying that game and still playing, i mean over half my friends list are still playing, and some of them got it since day one.

And to ruthless...yes thats how the cod4 tourneys were done before, socom style. But of course tweaking it to fit the COD style of gameplay, more than socom style its like UF style ;)

If that were the truth, there wouldn't have been an EXTREME lack of clans signed up for the attempts at a second COD4 tourney, now would there. ;)

BigMoneyNacku ]
CDBS14 ]
BigMoneyNacku ]
CDBS14 ]
BigMoneyNacku ]

I knew it!!

[/quote']

If that were the truth, there wouldn't have been an EXTREME lack of clans signed up for the attempts at a second COD4 tourney, now would there. ;)

only here on UF ::) ???

there are other tourney sites, for example on gamebattles the cod4 ladder is still the strongest PS3 ladder. socom is barely third?

so you are correct in UF terms, but not on the terms of the entire PS3 gaming population

Why are you trying to make CoD into socom their nothing alike. Ok lets see we turn on hardcore mode well you get one shot anywhere in your body or even foot an you die oh ya that sounds like fun, an really proves whose more skilled "hey i just blind fired threw that wall hit you an you die yep I'm elite" now i know your proble going to say well I've shot an whole clip into a guys back an he didn't die well then a.) maybe you didn't hit him as much as you think an b.) just think about how times you have done that to somebody"getting shot from behind an turned around an killed them" nobody ever does, it all even outs in the end. CoD is made to be a respawn game if you don't like respawn games you could always stay on socom :).

CDBS14 ]

it still doesnt matter to me' date=' i just cant wait for MW2.

hey anyguys at cBF play cod4? maybe we can have scrimm......hardcore?

[/quote']

Well I won't be available to play on release, probably/maybe. The game will be sitting there waiting as soon as I can get to it. But so far it sounds like we might have a few guys getting it on release. Have to wait and see. ;)

xLASTx ]

Why are you trying to make CoD into socom their nothing alike. Ok lets see we turn on hardcore mode well you get one shot anywhere in your body or even foot an you die oh ya that sounds like fun, an really proves whose more skilled "hey i just blind fired threw that wall hit you an you die yep I'm elite" now i know your proble going to say well I've shot an whole clip into a guys back an he didn't die well then a.) maybe you didn't hit him as much as you think an b.) just think about how times you have done that to somebody"getting shot from behind an turned around an killed them" nobody ever does, it all even outs in the end. CoD is made to be a respawn game if you don't like respawn games you could always stay on socom :).

i got to agree with you, i like hardcore "sometimes" what i hate is that here on UF we try to make COD into socom, shouldnt be that way.

But are we not "hardcore" gamers? I think it's a ironic that competitive gamers would want to play anything other than what the developer has tagged as "hardcore". To be honest with you I don't like that IW splits their community between the two, I also don't like how they brush clans off to the side. Unfortunately we have no control over that aspect of the circumstances. However, it is a bit silly for "competitive" gamers to not want to play competitively on the mode that has been deemed appropriate for the "hardcore".

When GB didn't have hardcore as one of their ladders I thought it was laughable. They eventually corrected that but IMO there should only be hardcore for a competitive gaming community.

Hardcore FTW.

All the private matches my clan plays is done with hardcore enabled. And yes, it does suck to get shot in the foot and die, but I would prefer that then running into a got with a shotgun who has juggernaut on and it takes you 2 bullets to take him down, but just one shot from him to kill you. But then again, you need to have some type of good accuracy to actually shoot someone on the foot :D

And yes, I am one of those that still plays MW. I have been playing it since the very first day it came out (with the exception of 2-3 weeks of playing WaW which I didn't like too much, so I went back to MW) ;D

xLASTx ]

BigMoneyNacku ]

Well, looking at the poll, it seems the majority have spoken. :o

Looks like you and CD will have to get your respawn fix elsewhere. :laugh: :laugh:

Try Halo, there is tons of respawn there. lol

IMO, UF is a non-respawn, friendly fire type of arena, no matter what the game.

Yes a lucky shot sucks, but then you could always take better cover as in real life getting shot in the foot still sucks. :)

Unlike running behind someone in real life, emptying your clip is just unrealistic. No matter how bad of a shot you are, you KNOW you will hit them.