What is Honor and integrity to YOU!

Guest KingJunk

Guest KingJunk

I have been bouncing around to a few of you guys clans websites and have read the home page and have viewed some of your forums and I see a lot of different clans say how they have so much Honor and Integrity in which is good, I am NOT BASHING you for that, but I just wanted to know on a personal note what those words mean to you personally and why do you hold yourself to them?

I have seen many different examples of Honor and Integrity as I jump to forum to forum and thats what brought me to this post. I noticed to some clans its just a way of life and to some its just to respect the game.

To me Honor and Integrity is different from most of you, but to me it means to show all clans Respect and to play this game fair and the way it was meant to be played. To me it means to be honest and NOT stoop the level of some clans we may come across no matter how rude or what type of clan they maybe. We do NOT treat any clan different than another clan because we do not know or may not have played with them before we either like you or we don't, but you must have done something to us for us to lose respect and show you any Honor or Integrity.

I do not hold the same Honor and Integrity on this GAME as I would for a REAL LIFE person or Soldier as I would in REAL LIFE. The Honor and Integrity I hold for real life people will never come close to what I will ever have for this game and what I mean is that I will not hold the same Respect for a member of my clan who got 30+ kills in a war to a real life person who served in the military as a cook or someone who just helped an elderly person cross the street. Now I know some of you have served in the Military and some of you have Profession in which you help make this world a better place or help people everyday and I do respect you for that but you can't ask me to compare that with a clan or person who just acts nice on a video game my respect for them is completely different.

Just my Two Cents and OPINION and this subject..

In life AND this game, I keep it simple.

"Do unto others....."

I don't want to be soft-spotted, glitched, talked about, conspired against or treated unfairly.

So I project that in order to hopefully receive that positive approach back to me.

I do that in life, I do it online.

In regards to UF, I would expect honor and integrity to simply mean, follow the rules and don't try to find a back road on the rules....same as you would expect your opponent to do.

So yeah, I guess it just means "Do unto others....."

I just keep it simple.

No King, wait until Goat sees it for a long post LOL

Anyways, Honor and Integrity. In the United States Air Force we have 3 core values. Integrity First, Service before self and Excellence in all you do. Integrity is first for a reason. Integrity is obviously doing the RIGHT thing when nobody is looking. I have seen a lot of breaches in integrity just in this UF tour. Mainly with people using ringer names. As integrity first being one of our Core Values, I have learned to practice it at all times, rather it be in UF, real life or combat.

Honor.......its not just given away, its a lot like respect, you earn it. Ill give you a good example of what is honorable. The thing Havoc did when my PSP broke. (I know Im bringing up old shit but its a perfect example) Dying for you country in Honorable. Taking the bullet in SOCOM(when your buddy has the bomb about to plant) is honorable too. What this does is shows that person that you respect them. What this will also do is build trust also. Honor cannot be given to anyone, you must earn it. Us at Hollow\H/Ground will respect you until we get crossed, therefore honor will be earned. To me, Honor is one step above respect. Thats just me tho.

Sav

Guest KingJunk
-PiT0- ]

For me it means to play with respect, and If u make mistakes owe up to them... Don't trying to go for a cheap win.

-PiT0-

Hey keep last nights war out of this LoL j/p :P

ohh and for those of u who don't know it was not a war against us ;D

Both replies by Tow and Savage hit the nail on the head. Do onto others...., do the right thing and Honor is just a step above respect. Savage is 100 percent correct with his statement that honor is EARNED.

I heard all to often in this game, people saying things such as, "Who cares if someone respects me over a damn video game?" or "oh damn he doesn't respect me. I'm not going to lose sleep over it!" This is what is wrong not only in this game but also in real life. We have way to many people who do not care what they do to others and expect to be respected. They don't want to earn someone's trust or respect. They want it given to them because they feel it is owed to them, no matter how they have acted or presented themselves.

I live by this simple rule. I give respect to all that have either earned it or any stranger with whom I have no reason to not respect them. Yes a stranger. I have no prior knowledge of this person as to their moral compass, so I will give them the benefit of the doubt and show them respect. That is what I feel and believe in my opinion is where we as a society are lacking. We have those who will not give respect to anyone, no matter what. We have those who have done things to lose respect, but feel that they deserve it. Once yo have brought your integrity and honor into question, it is up to you, to get it back. It is not a right. It has to be earned again at that point.

Why is it that everytime I see a JyK thread I get nervous?....lol

Junk, I thought you said Honor and Integrity was a cocktail?

All jokes aside, I think Tow summed it up best.

Follow the golden rule and keep it simple.

I think some clans kinda get carried away with using honor, integrity, pride etc. as some sort of creed for their clan. From what I've seen from most of UF, that's not the case.

I cant help imaging some guy sitting at home, slacking on house work, not spending time with the family, late on his bills and playing SOCOM all night, yet using the above adjectives to describe himself and his clan.

I'm not saying anyone here does that, I'm just saying that thought pops into my mind from time to time.

• Directors

I think Honor can be defined in several different ways, in regard to Socom & "real life"....but Integrity is the only thing we really have on this game. There's no real way to hold anybody accountable on Socom, except for their word. In Rogue 7's team code, there's a line that says

"Uncompromising integrity is my standard. My character and honor are steadfast. My word is my bond"

I think that line implies that a person's Integrity is measured by their Character & Honor. And the only thing I have to really judge you as a person on Socom, is what you say...and whether or not you back up what you say.

For instance, I had a buddy who killed me through a soft spot on Fault one night...I thought nothing of it, because let's face it, I didn't know he had killed me using a soft spot...and even though it meant nothing, he messaged me in the lobby and apologized for killing me through a soft spot. Not because he had to, but because he had a sense of Honor & felt bad for doing something dishonorable. He showed Integrity by doing that. And I know I can trust him now, because that was an honorable thing to do. He could've easily just kept it to himself, and played it off as a well played game/round. Instead, he ran the risk of pissing me off, or making himself look like a cheating scumbag, and told me the truth anyway.

Truth is, you're right, most of the clans here do toss words like Honor & Integrity around way too much. Without giving much thought to what the words really mean.

On Socom, I can say or do anything I want with little or no consequence...I can tell you I'm a gazillionaire space pirate & you really have no way to dispute that. However, if you see me soft spotting, or quick sniping, or acting like an asshole in the lobby because I don't like losing...that tells you alot about me as a person, on or off of Socom.

Like Pappy Viper used to say....there's the right thing...and then there's the easy thing. Or...If you steal, people will call you a thief...If you lie, people will call you a liar, etc. And there's no line to be drawn either...if you cheat on Socom, you'd probably cheat in real life.

This is just a video game at the end of the day, but the people who play it are real people with real feelings, and real opinions. And we'll all be judged by our deeds, not our words. Just because I say I am an honorable person, doesn't mean I'm an honorable person. If I have Integrity or a lack thereof, you'll be able to tell by the way I act....not by what I tell you.

Guest KingJunk

Cocktails are for women my drinks are much harder and stronger than a Cocktail therefore...........ZZZzzzzzZZZZzzzzzzZZZZZZzzz oh where was I...I dunno lost my thought I am going back to ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZzzzz.......

Guest KingJunk
Skipper ]

Why is it that everytime I see a JyK thread I get nervous?....lol

Junk, I thought you said Honor and Integrity was a cocktail?

All jokes aside, I think Tow summed it up best.

Follow the golden rule and keep it simple.

I think some clans kinda get carried away with using honor, integrity, pride etc. as some sort of creed for their clan. From what I've seen from most of UF, that's not the case.

I cant help imaging some guy sitting at home, slacking on house work, not spending time with the family, late on his bills and playing SOCOM all night, yet using the above adjectives to describe himself and his clan.

I'm not saying anyone here does that, I'm just saying that thought pops into my mind from time to time.

Hey I make sure my damn Comcast bill (internet bill) is on time every month buddy!! ::)

Honor and integrity-very simple.

You either have it or you don't. These are very basic traits but some of the hardest to come by in this day and age.

I conduct myself in real life the same as I do in a game. Of course I might mess with my guys more, but when it comes down to it, they know what I stand for and will not stand for.

I wish this was passed down more from generation to generation instead of racial or ignorant views.

saint52

For me it’s simple enough to not warrant a long post.

It is the seven virtues of the way of the warrior.

They should be not only applied in the physical sense but should flow into every part of one’s life.

Fair and Equal

is the ability to make a decision without regard for race, creed or religion, respecting all equally.

Valor And Courage

Is the confidence in yourself to know you can handle any situation that presents itself.

Humility

is to prevent arrogance with in one’s self.

Respect

The teacher cannot be a teacher without a student, therefore both are equal in there own right. Courtesy is to have respect for all.

Honesty

“one must be honest to ones self before they can be honest with anyone elseâ€. Cheating and lying is an acceptance of failure

Honor and Glory

follow you as you become better within yourselves. It is sought after but only follows one’s correct behavior

Devotion and Loyalty, Dedication

is the foundation of all the virtues, without dedication and loyalty to the task at hand, the desired outcome of success cannot be achieved.

The Seven Virtues of Bushido.

Guest [iLL] Andawg

"... Honor ... remains awake in us like a last lamp in a temple that has been laid to waste." — Alfred de Vigny, Servitude et grandeur militaires (1835).

When all else around you has crumbled, honor should still remain present.

When a team member is quick sniped, it's not quick sniping in retaliation.

When a person is pushing their car to the gas station, it's stopping and helping(Which I've done twice for people in the last week(and not gloating about it ;) )).

Honor has many definitions, but the simplest is, doing what is right, despite the consequences. i.e. Do unto others.

Andawg ]

"... Honor ... remains awake in us like a last lamp in a temple that has been laid to waste." — Alfred de Vigny, Servitude et grandeur militaires (1835).

When all else around you has crumbled, honor should still remain present.

When a team member is quick sniped, it's not quick sniping in retaliation.

When a person is pushing their car to the gas station, it's stopping and helping(Which I've done twice for people in the last week(and not gloating about it ;) )).

Honor has many definitions, but the simplest is, doing what is right, despite the consequences. i.e. Do unto others.

I think it would be honorable if your town put in more gas stations

It is right on our home page...

1. There is no glory without TEAM victory! 2. PERFORM your duty to the absolute best of your ability, TRUST, your fellow warriors will do the same 3. RESPECT for your opponent is a sign of strength not weakness 4. PREPERATION is half the battle, you must prepare for victory 5. CONFIDENCE allows your accomplishments to speak for themselves 6. Those with INTEGRITY leave everything on the field 7. When you have HEART surrender is not an option.