prediction on kimbo fight tonight

Kimbo is Garbage and should stay out of the UFC. Right now he's match with someone he could take. Its like they are trying to build his career because of his popularity via the internet. He should just stick to back yard Brawl. He will get his ass kicked againsy the MMA Fighters, he has no skill, just throws fury of punches hoping to knock the other guy out. maybe if he fought when ufc first started off he would have been good to watch because most of the fighters were also brawlers. Now in todays era you see more skilled & ground fighters with submissions. He has neither of those, and even if he works on it, it would take time for him to learn them. You have others who been training for years he aint going to get it with just the training he has done recently. he also needs to build stamina for a guy his size.

Kimbo will probably win his match, but he's doomed versus any other fighter in MMA.

I dont agree, Kimbo has been training for his ground/ground defense game even before he joined TUF 10 with Bas Ruttan. he isnt a joke. I think he will take this fight and have a whole lot of time to learn new skills. the man wants to learn and is a bloody sponge.

PS: I do agree though it is gonna take him some more time to learn what he needs for the ground. He just needs to keep it on his feet and he should be good. I just like the guy. he is the most humble man around the sport. he knows he has alot to learn and he just wants to learn it. hes not overly cocky like you would expect.

well, umm, i was wrong. He got taken down and had no defnse. I'll eat my words. He needs more ground training, but it isnt over. Im pretty sure he will get another shot as a few people have been injured Kimbo is a rookie at the MMA game. he is a brute fighter. Let him go through this, learn a bit of OTHER fighting skills and see what we have at the end. We will all see what happens. If he can learn some new skills while he is on this show, he could very well be a force. Roy had nothing for him on thier feet. Everybody seems to hate Kimbo, Im not sure why.

iDnTyX ]

Kimbo is Garbage and should stay out of the UFC. Right now he's match with someone he could take. Its like they are trying to build his career because of his popularity via the internet. He should just stick to back yard Brawl. He will get his ass kicked againsy the MMA Fighters, he has no skill, just throws fury of punches hoping to knock the other guy out. maybe if he fought when ufc first started off he would have been good to watch because most of the fighters were also brawlers. Now in todays era you see more skilled & ground fighters with submissions. He has neither of those, and even if he works on it, it would take time for him to learn them. You have others who been training for years he aint going to get it with just the training he has done recently. he also needs to build stamina for a guy his size.

Kimbo will probably win his match, but he's doomed versus any other fighter in MMA.

my oppinion exactly hes shit in mma and should stick to brawling

Nelson is a BUM!... Yeah I said it his best skill is his obesity. I mean wow he laid down on top of Kimbo and landed weak punches. Any ridiculously fat guy could do that. Kimbo is not the most skilled guy in the world but anyone who happens to end up underneath Roy Nelson is going to have the same fate. :o

Crusty_Demons ]

Nelson is a BUM!... Yeah I said it his best skill is his obesity. I mean wow he laid down on top of Kimbo and landed weak punches. Any ridiculously fat guy could do that. Kimbo is not the most skilled guy in the world but anyone who happens to end up underneath Roy Nelson is going to have the same fate. :o

if he had any skills at all he wouldnt have ended up under him :-X

That's one way to look at it. Another way to look at it is no matter how much skill someone has stepping in the octagon with Roy Nelson is a lost cause. Anyone with that much weight only has to move forward and lean on you and that's all she wrote. I watched the fight and that's pretty much how it went down. Kimbo landed a couple blows Roy laid down on top of him and Kimbo try as he might couldn't get out from underneath him. Kimbo is a big dude but when Nelson was on top of him he all but disappeared.

I agree Kimbo is lacking some skill but I was impressed by how good of shape he was in.

Prane ]

I don't why everyone is calling Roy Nelson a bum. He definitely had his way with Kimbo tonight. Kimbo has long ways to go before he is worth anything. I was a fan of Marcus Jones its ashame he is going out and Kimbo is coming back in. Gee that worked out so conveniently. :-X

Of course THIS would happen. They need Kimbo to be successful, so they're bringing him back. It's kind of stupid.

I still see Kimbo as a brawler. And using Roy Nelson's weight as an excuse is BS. Roy Nelson, like Hairy and Prane said, Roy isn't a bum. He's been around and has a good ground game. He couldn't stay up with Kimbo and was able to take him down and control the fight. I won't deny that Roy is big so it helped him take control of Kimbo, but it's more than just his weight pushing down on Kimbo. Kimbo almost got out of it once but Roy dropped him back onto the map. Kimbo has a long way to go before he can even think about competing in UFC. His ground game needs to drastically improve in order to compete with even the most mediocre of fighters.

I definatly agree with Churchy. He needs alot of work on the ground. He is a sponge and wants to learn. He's getting a second chance on the show and Im pretty sure he will make the best of it. He seems to be somewhat of a quick learner and there is no more Roy Nelson's til the final. He can learn alot just being in that environment. We shall see what happens.