Socom Exploit or Legitimate Tactic??

While playing on the Frost Fire map and you are in the tunnels and the opposition grenades above you knowing that you are in the tunnel and it kills you in the tunnel (whether or not you are under the grates) would you consider this a game exploit or a legitimate tactic? Just wondering!!

I would also like the UF Admins stance on this as well.

over the grates should be fine. thats why they are there to help keep people from just camping those tunnels.

but threw the ground would be unfair. if they are purposely throwing them at points that dont have grates, then that would be BS. but as long as they make them on the grates or really close then they aren't trying to cheat.

im glad you posted this up, because this recently happened to us. although i dont think it was on purpose it was still a WTF moment!. our guy was not under or near the grates and was blown to shit from a grenade above. that is definatly a glitch. but a nade blowing up on the grates is more legit. and i dont have much of a problem with.

Hmmm.... I believe that was my grenade that is in question. Great game by the way LPK! As I recall, in our match there was one [LPK] member left, I knew he was in the tunnels and I had a "a ha" moment! I thought to myself "I wonder if he's where I would be posted up watching the tunnel control point?" I threw the grenade onto the grill outside the box room big door and managed to kill him from above. To be honest, I have no idea where [LPK]'s man was but the grenade killed him regardless.

I agree, if a grenade is thrown with the intention of killing through solid ground that it's obviously an exploit. In this case however, the grenade was thrown on the grill where anybody beneath it would have been pizza. I'd like to test out though if it's possible to kill through solid floor as this is in question. Again, good game [LPK]... your always tough as nails! 8)

Xanthe that was me that was under there and that is why I posted. I had not seen this done before and thought there was something wrong with it. I did hear someone on proxy say that I was in the tunnel and then shortly there after several nades started going off above me and I was killed!! I can't say with 100% certainty whether I was under solid ceiling or the grill tho I didn't think I was under the grill..in fact I thought I was back more towards the CP and the corner.

By no means complaining about 101 or the war because it was a great war to the end!! That being said I just wanted to get some opinions on it as well as a ruling from the Admins...I mean...if you can't lay on dead bodies why should someone be able to drop nades one floor up and kill someone?? I would not mind doing some testing on it as well..I tried a little last night but didn't have a lot of time since prepping for another chosin war. While positioning myself directly under the greats you can be killed there but didn't get the opportunity to stand where I believed I was standing.

I dont see why this is an issue, seeing as how you can shoot through the grate from both sides. It only makes sense that a nade would kill someone as well. Now we all know that nades on Confrontation are somewhat retarded. If your on the 2nd floor stairs on DG in the middle building and someone lands a nade on the third floor you will die. This is not the throwers fault. I dont see this being any different.

like shadow said this is an issue on several maps like dg,frostfire,quarantine this is just basic socom bad luck i dont really see how this can become a rule seeing that it can happen in so many ways on so many maps and most of the time there just random "stop rushing grenades" that seem to get you through the ceiling..now as for your situation i gotta say that sucks its unfortunate that it happened in a war it comes down to if the nade was on the grill or not which makes perfect sense or trying to exploit socoms crappy grenade physics by throwing it above you on solid ground which would be cheap but smart nonetheless anyway i would agree that if its obviously done on purpose that it should be looked down opon in UF

Rockman35 ]

Funny about the shooting through the grates issue. Last night in a public room I was shooting through the grates (on FF again) and it wasn't hitting the target. Maybe you can't shoot through all the grates!!

u can you just gotta find the breaks in the grate and you actually have to shoot through the slots

No worries Rockman, LPK is well respected by 101. I am curious though, that grill that is in question, I've shot people through the grill standing at one of the corners and it's registered I'm hitting someone but I've never killed someone with a gun through that grill. It's like the grill takes on the properties of water, making the person under the grill nearly impossible to kill. >:(

Maybe we should test that out as well! :police:

ya, ive always had trouble shooting through the grates, but i know its possible and i havent done it since the patch. but as for the nade kills through walls, i rarely see them happen. and i dont usually mind them because they are 1 in a million and happen only 1 in 10 matches. but that doesnt mean someone should start looking for those weak spots. it still should definatly be considered a glitch if someone actually starts taking advantage of the weak spots. but i agree that this would be way to hard to police. but i guess if someone dies in the tunnels who is not under a grate from a grenade above, more then 2 rounds. well then.... :police:

but thats if the nade blows up on solid ground and not on the grate. so we need to test this.