Chicago Out, 2016 Olypics

Sgt.JoeFriday ]

OH boy, Rio. Actually it's a good thing for Rio. They could use the economic boost. Best part is it's close the same time zone so we can watch it live for once.

It is great for Brazil. 2014 they host the Fifa World Cup, 2016 they get the Olympics.

I laughed when Chicago got the boot. Everyone was like :o

Kinda disagree with you prane.

If we would have it here, it would cost citizens the money. More will be put into it than what would be recieved. It probably would help bars and resturants etc.. but if you dont own those types of buisnesses then you wont get nothing in return. Just cough up more taxes. CTA Fares already went up, And their going to go up again in the near future. Structures have to be built, security has to be paid. If your an average working chicago citizen, theirs really nothing in it for you, just expect to hear some bs & cough up some dough..

All I know is I just got here to Chicago. I thought it woulda been nice to have them here. It would have cost a few dollars maybe, but they would have added alot to the city, fixed the roads, built new roads. All that kinda stuff I thought people would want.

Look i dont know shit about this city yet. Somebody needs to tell me where I can go out and drink for a night without spending 200 dollars to get drunk. That shit was crazy the other weekend, I had like 10 mixed drinks and a meal... spent 200 dollars. WTF is that about?

iDnTyX ]

Kinda disagree with you prane.

If we would have it here, it would cost citizens the money. More will be put into it than what would be recieved. It probably would help bars and resturants etc.. but if you dont own those types of buisnesses then you wont get nothing in return. Just cough up more taxes. CTA Fares already went up, And their going to go up again in the near future. Structures have to be built, security has to be paid. If your an average working chicago citizen, theirs really nothing in it for you, just expect to hear some bs & cough up some dough..

my family are union riggers in chicago and building the Olympics would have given them almost a year of around the clock work tons of construction would be available to so many company's lots of unemployed workers would be able to return to work and more people working equals more people spending money therefore boosting the economy not only construction but hotels would be packed with tourists restaurants would be booming night clubs the whole city the economy boost would have really made the over crowding downtown worth it ..because i myself would have made alot of money helping my family out and now i have to rely on my crummy side job its a damn shame :'(

AT3Navy ]

All I know is I just got here to Chicago. I thought it woulda been nice to have them here. It would have cost a few dollars maybe' date=' but they would have added alot to the city, fixed the roads, built new roads. All that kinda stuff I thought people would want.

Look i dont know shit about this city yet. Somebody needs to tell me where I can go out and drink for a night without spending 200 dollars to get drunk. That shit was crazy the other weekend, I had like 10 mixed drinks and a meal... spent 200 dollars. WTF is that about?

[/quote']

lol where do you live by, northside? When we're low on cash we do budget weeks. We go to a place depending on the day of the week for their specials.

With the corruption already in hand, They probably had the contracts to whom will get to build what.

ID.. I'm in Bloomingdale, it's like 20 miles west of chicago actually, Im not really directly in the city, but i come to the city anytime Im looking to do something.

Im lookin to go to the "Bottom Lounge" on 10/24 because Lucero is coming to play there. They are one of my favorite bands. I haven't been able to find out what drinks are going to cost me there, but tickets are only 16.00 bucks.

Let me know what's up,. It's budget week every week for me. LoL

Wow so many points to touch on lol. To AT3Navy thats hilarious you are going to the Bottom Lounge to see a show. Where you are going is not the original Bottom Lounge. That got demolished 4 years ago so a new El could go in through it. It was a great place to see a show, definitely one of my favorites in the city. Also you need to get away from the Northside if you don't want to spend $200 every night. Everything there is ridiculous. There are plenty of cool things to do on the southside. As for the olympics I think overall it would've been good for the city but that was a great point by idntyx about the corruption. All the construction jobs I'm sure were already auctioned off by Daley.

Prane ]

I was hoping it was coming here to Chicago. That would be a huge boost to our local economy. Thats complete bullshit to me that Rio won. Rio is one of the dirtiest, most violent cities in the world. How could Rio win over Madrid or Tokyo? Both are nice cities. Rio is garbage. :P

Actually Rio is doing well right now, if FIFA is hosting the world cup in brazil for 2014, the olympics follow in their footsteps, so Rio was the obvious choice.

To put it this way the brazilian government got rid of the Favellas just for the world cup and olympics