UF COMMUNITY VOTE: UF Tours Thus Far...

Hey all,

Now, we know that not all of you have participated in every UF tour since our inception, but as creators, we're always looking for feedback from those players and clans who come to us looking to further their entertainment value in their Socom experience. We like getting feedback because it really DOES shape how future tourneys are presented.

Since everyone here did not participate in all of them, I'll give a very brief description of each tour, showcasing the differences in each one. We would like to see which scenario in our past/current tourneys YOU LIKED the most by way of a single poll vote. Your comments, as always, are welcome.

**Please note, for ownership and copyright purposes, we cannot nor will not accept any ideas for future tourneys, so your feedback only on the question at hand would best serve your replies.

UF1: State of the Union - This tour was fought on the 48 continental states of the US. Each clan started with 3 states and battled one another with the use of allies. Allies were able, in limited number, to help their partners in their clan wars. All wars were declared along state borders or, for the coastal states, attacks by water were made. This tourney lasted 25+ weeks.

UF2: Of Honor & Greed - This tour was set on not one, but two continents; Africa and the Middle East/Asia. 22 total clans, split between the two AOs, fought for control of their continent against 10 other clans, with the lasting winner of each continent facing off in an 11-map, all-day Saturday mega-war to declare the winner. All attacks were made through borders or through special air attacks, as well as being raided by sneak attacks from the other continent. This tourney lasted 30+ weeks.

UF3: Road to Exile - This tour was set in Central America. 28 clans battled each other through border attacks while getting the opportunity to consolidate 3-territory provinces to set up Roadblocks and Helicopter attacks. This was the first UF tourney to use Breach Maps as clan home bases, which enabled clans who were closer to defeat earlier in the tourney to hold on for a very long time. This tourney lasted approximately 30+ weeks.

UF4: Prisoner of War - This tour, currently running, invited 24 clans to battle it out on South American soil. Distinct PoW, HQ and Heliport territories were identified by demolition, suppression and control point maps only. This tourney was the first UF tour to support the taking of PoWs in almost any and every war involving game paramters and sweeps, potentially crippling even the strongest of clans for standard game play. This was also the first UF tourney to utilize a hardline end-date, with the tour existing for only 13 total weeks with a playoff contest for those clans still alive at the end. With the specific tourney parameters devised by the creators this tour, week 7 saw 17 of the 24 clans already eliminated, leaving only seven clans alive. This was also a chance taken by the creators to award the winning clan with a great prize, a 32" flat panel HD TV.

UF5: To Be Announced - ;D

As always, we appreciate your participation in our drive to make each and every tour of UF better than its predecessor. Sniper and I believe we have done that in our years caretaking for this tournament site, and we confidently believe we will excel at this in the very near future. With our additions such as the evaluatory Black tourneys as well as our excursion into the cash-prize arena we call UF: Breakout, we will always work hard at making certain that there is ALWAYS action for you and your clan to be found here in the Urgent Fury Community, what some of us, and perhaps rightfully so, call THE place to be for honest and skilled SOCOM game play.

Thank you for your time and thank you for being a part of this UF tournament community.

- TOW & SNIPER :-*

Not that everything about UF1 was the best, but i really loved playing in the states..!!

Also the way Hawaii, & Alaska played into it.

Allies didn't turn out so well, & it lasted much too long, but if the map & some of the simplicity of UF1 we're to be incorporated into another one, i think it could be GREAT.!

I have only participated in UF3 and UF4. I chose 4 because of the shorter format. I liked the idea of no breaches. That lets clans get eliminated easier and faster. Every week is more intense knowing it easily could be your last. In UF3 our stronghold map was fault breach, that map probally kept us in it for an extra 10 weeks.

The POW part I thought was great, made the tournament very, very interesting. It really hurt clans from week to week. Was Rogue 7 without 8 players one week? That makes it difficult! The big downside of it was that 2 clans were kicked out of the tournament for using ringer/multiple names on their roster. I'm not sure if there is a way to still use this POW part in the future with ensuring there will be no clans who use ringers. Possible on the PS3 network there could be a way? I hope so, it was an excellent twist to the game.

-J30

This UF run was great.  The addittion of being able to capture POW's is an awsome idea.  I did miss the importance and strength gained by unifying three bordering territories as we did in Road To Exile though.  If there were a way to do both, yet keep the tourney shorter as apposed to the 30 week marathon that was UF3, I think it would be a great marrige of ideas.  I thought the strategy of chosing where to attack and how you were going to attack was greater in Road To Exile.  

All in all though, POW was the most fun I've had yet!

-Omni

I agree with Omni^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^i also loved the idea of POW but if we can combine UF3 with UF4 that will step it up a knotch..didnt play much do to being a POW damn you toe..lol but it was a great run and id do it all over..

thanks again guys

sb

I will have toway in here, I liked the first original UF. Not many of the clans in this current one were around for UF 1 except for iLL, maybe a couple of people of other newer clans were in some clans that played in UF 1. I liked the idea of the United States being the staging area for the wars. I know people liked the idea of attacking for their home state.

Just my 2 cents

Wick

Chili-Palmer ]

Not that everything about UF1 was the best, but i really loved playing in the states..!!

Also the way Hawaii, & Alaska played into it.

Allies didn't turn out so well, & it lasted much too long, but if the map & some of the simplicity of UF1 we're to be incorporated into another one, i think it could be GREAT.!

I agree with Chili.... Keeping it in the states made it more...... uh..... familiar for everybody. Not sure how to put it, but knowing the states, the borders, ect.... made it easier to follow and understand.

also..... I think because they have got more involved, less people try to truly understand what it is you guys are doing. I constantly see posts here about "only leaders being active" on the forums. Well, I think the majority of soldiers wont (and aren't) taking the time to find out what this version of the UF is about. They just want to "show up and fight" in wars and dont have the time or desire to learn all the rules of this format.

Just my 2 cents.... In UF 1 when all of us easily understood where we were fighting, who we were fighting, and why we were fighting these forums were flooded with complete clans, not just leaders. I think 75% of my clan was on here daily during our run in UF1

Guest [APC] 6ravity
Chili-Palmer ]

Allies didn't turn out so well

This made me laugh.

I LOVED the allies deal in UF1... it was one of my favorite parts of the whole tourney. I don't remember any problems with the ally system either... maybe I'm forgetting something?

APC and =R= (A former incarnation of Chili's old clan) were allies for the first portion of UF1, but I don't think we even lent each other a gunner in any war. Later in UF though, APC and THM teamed up, and we shared a few gunners... and those wars were tons of fun.

Just my .02

Yea True WiZ..

The more complicated it gets, the less interest the soldiers have.

In UF1 my clan was =R= Renegades & i know most everyone in the clan knew exactly who we were going to fight & why & from where. I never thought of it like that WiZ, but you make it crytal clear.. That DID make a huge difference. Not that my guys were posting on here a whole lot more, but they were atleast on the UF site to see the details, schedule, Tac-Map, etc..

Now they don't bother.. Except for Co-leader, & a couple of squad leaders.. once in a long while.

6raVIty ]
Chili-Palmer ]

Allies didn't turn out so well

This made me laugh.

I LOVED the allies deal in UF1... it was one of my favorite parts of the whole tourney. I don't remember any problems with the ally system either... maybe I'm forgetting something?

APC and =R= (A former incarnation of Chili's old clan) were allies for the first portion of UF1, but I don't think we even lent each other a gunner in any war. Later in UF though, APC and THM teamed up, and we shared a few gunners... and those wars were tons of fun.

Just my .02

Yea there weren't any problems with =R= & APC being allies, it was the unspoken allies that made the real allie situation a joke.!

(thats funny i remember i used to call tow on the phone to talk strategy ..lol)

But none the less it was one hell of a tourney..!!

Guest [APC] 6ravity

I hear you on the unspoken ally thing, but (in theory) couldn't/doesn't that happen in every UF tour? There's no way to police "secret alliances", as clans can attack where they want...

I'm not trying to debate, I'd just love to see the use of allies come back for UF5, but if there ARE legit gripes/concerns, maybe its better off on the cutting room floor.

No no.. bring it back..

You just have to understand that the unspoken thing will always be there also.

At the time we thought "OUR" alliance meant more than it did.. but because of unspoken alliances it really only meant using each others gunners. (which we didn't need)

They all sound like they have some cool things about them:

1. Allies in UF 1

2. sneak attacks in UF 2

3. Helicopter attacks in UF 3

4. Distinct PoW, HQ and Heliport territories were identified by demolition, suppression and control point maps only. Hardline end-date, with the tour existing for only 13 total weeks with a playoff contest for those clans still alive at the end. A great prize, a 32" flat panel HD TV in UF 4

I like the whole PoW idea, but for smaller clans, it's really a tough deal and losing members to PoW status can wreck your team, regardless of how good you are. I know, some of you will say , "If you're good then you wouldn't lose." Well, true, to an extent, but everyone has good and bad nights. And for those with less skill, it's like you have two things against you. (That would be us!!)

Guest [APC] 6ravity

That was my biggest worry, about the whole PoW thing, personally.

I mean, UF clans come here to play, right? the PoW thing kinda takes that away... even though the strategy element it adds to the overall experience is very cool.

I voted for UF 4. I liked the POW idea the first time I saw it. I was not around for UF 1 and 2, But I would like to see a version of the Ally brought back. Maybe a ranking system, so that the 2 best clans in the tourney are NOT able to be allies. 30 clans, the worst team based on previous tourney exit ranking. Winners get first one out of previous tourney and so on, middle gets the team that went out with them. Something like that to keep it more competitive. Whatever you guys do I am sure will be good.

Once again, great job on UF4

The only thing that would be needed to change from UF1 would be the length.

If you just made it so as soon as one clan owned 24 or more states it comes to sudden death, & you play for ALL of your territory.!

The clan that has more states is home team. & picks 3 out of the 5 maps.. clans have to pick maps that they currently own.

i liked uf1 the best. And the allies thing nothing as good as Cp* and Red as allies in the first one only to be well i will leave it at that by the leader of the Red clan in the 2nd uf. UF4 is great but socom ca is getting old and more than likely why people are not as interested in flooding socom forums. at least thats what i have seen.