Guest H.A.V.0.C

Guest H.A.V.0.C

Couldn't you attain invisibility by exceeding the speed of light (299,792,458 m / s)

For example, if you have an object A moving at 500,000,000 m/s west and you were observing 200,000,000 m away south of the object. The object would have appeared to have moved only 223,328,273.79m west when in reality it was in existence 500,000,000 m west. This isn't really invisibility but it could create an illusion of where you are.

Or would you have to be the source of light in order for it to work?

To figure out the specifics you need to use trigonometry or Pythagorean theorem (it forms a triangle) right?

Invisibility1.jpg

Invisibility2.jpg

I realize this is on a massive scale but its just easier to do the math.

Please remember I'm saying theoretically would that work? Please don't burn out your brain, trying to figure out how would I get to that speed.

Guest H.A.V.0.C

Never Mind, a friend of mine answered it for me....

Theoretically and in reality it would not work at all.

You can become invisible to the human eye you but you cannot become truly "invisible" no matter how fast you move if you were to pause the scene you would be visible. The light would work in the same way as cycling in the rain. You would move against the light New light may not get to you in time but you would just ride into the already existent light. Such as the fact you cant dodge rain by cycling though it faster.

Heres a quick if fatal way to become invisible, involving zero speed. Just get two ridiculously powerful magnets, stand between them and turn them on. Aligning all the poles in the molecules of your body would in theory render you invisible, unfortunately this process would be fatal. (Though I cant see traveling that fast being good for the body ya know)

Guest [+30]PuddyTat

okay havoc, heres my scientific thought...

you are visible because your are an object, created of mass, and that mass reflects and absorbes different colors, created from different points in the color spectrum, which is created by "light". so if you were traveling faster than the speed of light, theoretically you would show no color, but would still have mass. therefore, you would be invisible to the eye.

does that make any sense?

the only way to become some what invisible would be to break down your bodies chemical break up down to it's basic form then some how transport it from point "A" to point "B". Instead of being an "object" you would be particles floating through air. And unless you have a massive scope you can not see particles. But on another point. The theory of time travel has used the speed of light as a possibility. For instance, A star is a flash of light that supposedly happend years ago. So theoretically if a person could go faster than the speed of light then you could reach a star when the flash of light happend and therefore go back in time. Just a theory though actually going the speed of light is, as of now, impossible.

havoc what you are talking about is called look back time, for example a star we see off in this distance may in all auctuality be dead already however due to the extreme distance and how far the light had to travel that star still apears to be there even tho it is no longer there

Guest SaTAnS_SoUlJa

Some how you need to apply the Theory of relativity...Imagine you have twins twin A is a normal guy...twin B is traveling at the speed of light..now.....say twin b moves at normal speed a few years later...Twin B is like 23 years old when twin A is 30 or so.....time light speed its all greek to me!

Oh no this can be done. People have been doing this for many years and it dates back to Egypt and the equipment used was actually found in one of the kings tombs.

Here how it works.

You have to have an Aluminum material they used stones with Aluminum alloy and salt from the Nile. But in theory you can use a can lets say a Beer can. You have to put the can on your head for a conductor and then you have to fill each hand with salt. And then close your eyes. And wahlah invisible! You need to have a witness for this and you have to say "I'm Invisible" real loud over and over.

If you all need any more tips on anything let me know. ;)

I depends entirely on your definition of "invisibility". Purely grammatically, it means to not be visible, so not be seen. In a way, the theory that the object would actually be in a different place at the time you receive the light, the object is still visible and reflecting light back to you, but your perception of that light is delayed-thus the object is never invisible. I would define it more as an illusion.

A good example of speed of light in action is with stars. Because the light is traveling enormous unfathomable distances, it takes years for the light created by the star to reach us. Because what we see is light, the stars we see are actually the light being released many years ago. Thus, some of the stars we see now could have burned out by now, but we're still seeing the light they emitted before dying out because it takes so long to reach us.

Very interesting stuff.

If you want to be invisible havoc why not buy a lag switch so you can lie some place in blackwoods, press a button, and then go running around killing people without them seeing you like some little kids on socom....

Guest H.A.V.0.C

Sorry I have been busy working on a new theory of bending light, to help achieve the invisibility that I seek. I think that if I'm able to accomplish the speed that is needed and able to bend the lights spectrum's at a precise time, I do believe that my goals may be successful.

bending light has already been achieved.. that's what fiber optics is.

but I do wish you success!! and I look forward to the new "Where in the world is Havoc?" board game.

along with the "Find Havoc" puzzles.

I was playing Graw with Andawg and Neo last night and my weapon disappeared although I still looked like I was carrying it??

So I now know invisibility is possible!!.