Zipper Profile: Tom Rigas

• Directors

Our Developer Profile series introduces you to the many faces of Zipper Interactive. From designers to artists to programmers to audio engineers to producers, you’ll meet the creative minds that make Zipper what it is (and maybe learn a few surprises along the way).

This week we talk with Tom Rigas, a Producer here at Zipper who is currently working on SOCOM 4. Tom handled a lot of the day-to-day production work on helping to get SOCOM 4's E3 demo finished in time for the show, so he'll have plenty to talk about on this week's Zipline podcast.

4787786393_8306ac9ae0.jpg

Job Title: Producer

Years at Zipper: 2

Years in the Industry: 18

Favorite Zipper Game: Crimson Skies

Favorite Non-Zipper Game: Half-Life

Motto: The best inspiration is hard work.

What is it that you do specifically, and can you walk us through your typical day?

It is difficult to nail down what I do specifically on the project. I often describe my job as that of a plumber; I make sure that things are coming and going as efficiently as possible. My typical day consists of attending several meetings, playing the game, reviewing schedules, tracking progress, setting goals, keeping the lines of communication open and general problem solving.

How did you get into the industry?

I answered a “Game Tester Needed” ad in the newspaper. At the time, I thought it was too good to be true and sometimes it still seems that way.

What are some other games or projects that you’ve worked on in the past?

I've worked on flight simulators, shooters, RPGs, sports games, strategy games, action games and even a digital board game a few years ago.

What’s your proudest moment?

It is tough to call out any single moment, but in general, I feel proud when people have fun with something that I helped build.

Is there anything you’d like to say to the fans?

It is exciting to work on a project with such passionate fans. Keep sending the feedback!

Don't forget to click this link and leave your questions to Tom for this week's Zipline podcast!

More...

Military including Active, Reserve, Veteran and Dependents get 50% off of our Spec Ops Premium Experience

Important Information

By visiting this site you agree to our Privacy Policy and We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.

Write what you are looking for and press enter or click the search icon to begin your search