tested all the armor in socom

I tested all the armor against the m4 and ak47 at an intermediate range.

here are the results…

this was tested on frost fire. the weapons used were both unsuppressed and were the m4 and ak47. the terrorist was always located near the stack of boxes on down from the right side of the spawn near elevated pathway that led from the computer room to the boxroom. the seal was located at the giant metal tube that was closest to the above mentioned pathway.

hopefully this can provide some insight on armor and how to use it effective in the game. obviously this is not scientific, but hopefully can provide some real insight into armor in the game.

akchest.jpg

m4chest.jpg

akut.jpg

m4ut.jpg

some conclusions (when using these weapons) ….

- we all already knew at this range the AK will do more damage.

- heavy armor will always give you at least one extra hit compared to the light armor.

- medium armor may rarely give you one extra hit compared to light, but will usually offer the same protection as light (or another words the medium armor will usually offer the same protection as light).

More details on my blog.

http://www.socrack.net

I couldn't find anything like this done, I doubt I was the first.

Chaka ]

so medium armor is useless?

That is basically what I found out against those weapons ... it may be effective against smaller weapons like the bizon and f90.

There is a diffrence between the heavy and light, but not much diffrence between the med and light. Both took three to the chest for a kill.