Need some help

Ok guys I have some questions and this is and partains to a public forum that continues (to say the least) to bash publicly myself and my G/F. This has come to my work and we both have had people ask us if we are the people that they are talking about. In fact the last time she was asked it was someone she was taking care of and she did everything she could do to keep from starting to cry. We have been called names beyond belief. This website does not require you enter anything and can post as a guest. My question is this. I know there has to be a way to get a name or an IP address that was used to post these topics. I am not going to take it to the extreme but I want to take the amnesty that people feel that have and make them not so sure. It would be great for me to say that John Doe actually posted this you know what I am saying?

PM me any suggestions please. This has been burdening me long enough. I have some of the broadest shoulders but when it starts to effect people that I care deeply about it starts to get to me.

Guest H.A.V.0.C

Suggestion 1. don't go to that site anymore. Suggestion 2. don't go to that site anymore! Suggestion 3. I would probably NOT go to that site anymore, and it will die and go away.

These actions are as simple as 123.

If its affecting your Real Life work then YOU are allowing it too, by continuing to engage in it and respond to it. Just my opinion, but follow steps 123 and you should be fine.

Guest H.A.V.0.C
_Reaper. ]

If it is slander.... then you have legal rights. You have the right to obtain a lawyer, Subpoena the IP's used to slander you and your G/F and press charges or shut the site down all together.

Reaper

I think that's only If its your legal name, then it would be defamation of character. I'm sure someone can't sue for slander if they are using a nickname on the assault. For instance I doubt I could sue someone for discrediting the name HAVOC. Unless Hannibal's is your real name.

slan·der

–noun 1. defamation; calumny: rumors full of slander.

2. a malicious, false, and defamatory statement or report: a slander against his good name.

3. Law. defamation by oral utterance rather than by writing, pictures, etc.

–verb (used with object) 4. to utter slander against; defame.

–verb (used without object) 5. to utter or circulate slander

I would say that this falls under the Number one statement of this definition... I'm sure there is something the law will provide if it's affecting their personal life. May not be slander charges but if you get a lawyer involved, he may be able to persue something or stop the harassment.

Guest [+30]PuddyTat

slander is an oral attack. if it is on a forum, it may fall under this...

Main Entry: 1li·bel

Pronunciation: 'lI-b&l

Function: noun

Etymology: Middle English, written declaration, from Anglo-French, from Latin libellus, diminutive of liber book

1 a : a written statement in which a plaintiff in certain courts sets forth the cause of action or the relief sought b archaic : a handbill especially attacking or defaming someone

2 a : a written or oral defamatory statement or representation that conveys an unjustly unfavorable impression b (1) : a statement or representation published without just cause and tending to expose another to public contempt (2) : defamation of a person by written or representational means (3) : the publication of blasphemous, treasonable, seditious, or obscene writings or pictures (4) : the act, tort, or crime of publishing such a libel

Guest [+30]PuddyTat
H.A.V.0.C ]
_Reaper. ]

If it is slander.... then you have legal rights.  You have the right to obtain a lawyer, Subpoena the IP's used to slander you and your G/F and press charges or shut the site down all together.

Reaper

I think that's only If its your legal name,  then it would be defamation of character. I'm sure someone can't sue for slander if they are using a nickname on the assault. For instance I doubt I could sue someone for discrediting the name HAVOC. Unless Hannibal's is your real name.

even if the person is attacking a nickname, you can still take them to court. for instance, if someone were to attack "Reaper" on this forum, they are attacking a single person because the name "Reaper" is a registered and approved name on this forum, and it is a name that refers only to one person.