Assassin’s Creed Revelations: Your Questions Answered

Recently, Ubisoft invited us to sample the first few hours of <a href="http://blog.us.playstation.com/tag/assassins-creed-revelations/">Assassin’s Creed Revelations</a> for <a href="http://us.playstation.com/ps3/">PS3</a>. I learned a lot during that play session:

<ul>

<li>The control scheme has been revised, pushing Eagle Vision to L3. This frees up the Triangle button for secondary weapons such as daggers.</li>

<li>Altair comes into play via flashbacks following the thrilling Masyaf key retrieval missions, which are the successors to Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood’s Lairs of Romulus.</li>

<li>The game map now has a Google Maps-style satellite view that I enjoyed while skipping around the sprawling city of Constantinople/Istanbul.</li>

<li>The Den Defense mission brought tower defense-style sequences that are completely unlike anything I’ve seen in the Assassin’s Creed universe.</li>

<li>I saw someone actually *use* the Apple of Eden.</li>

<li>I noticed some different UI in the Animus, and started to wonder why the interface was different (and no, Ubisoft wouldn’t tell me).</li>

<li>I saw Ezio stab a dude with a guitar – I think they called them “lutes†back then.

</li></ul>

And I saw it all in 3D - those leaps of faith are now even more impressive. But it’s not about what I wanted to see; I went in to Ubisoft aiming to get answers to some of your questions. Read on to learn more about the dangerous world of Assassin’s Creed Revelations.

More...