Can a party cause lag?

When your in a party, can it cause lag on your end as opposed to playing alone? Even if it's with just one other person? It seems that when I party up, I can't play for shit. But then I started paying attention and it looked like my hit detection was off. It was taking too many bullets to drop people.

So if it is caused by being in a party, is it on my end? I mean, do I need a better router or something. Or is it caused by someone else in the party?

im not sure which game your refereing to irish, if any in particular, but on mw3 i can tell you how it works. when i play alone, it matches me to the best possible host and connection, so i get into a room with people fairly close to my ping. when im in a party, the game matches us based on the parties best connection, so the others in my party may or may not have a better ping than me. sometimes i lag when others dont, and sometimes i have no problems at all while others complain. i be willing to bet that this is pretty much true for any game.

Yea, it's MW3. And it seems that every time I get into matches via the party system, it sometimes takes whole clips to drop someone. If I'm lucky. But when I play alone, two-three shot and I drop them. Which is what the game promotes.

So it has nothing to do with a better router or even paying for higher speeds?

Because I would be willing to get a top of the line router for this, because I have serious anger issues when it comes to shooters. I can't explain it, but I rage out to where I want to break things. And I know it is completely insane. But I can't pay for higher speeds, but a better router I would.

Yea, it's MW3. And it seems that every time I get into matches via the party system, it sometimes takes whole clips to drop someone. If I'm lucky. But when I play alone, two-three shot and I drop them. Which is what the game promotes.

So it has nothing to do with a better router or even paying for higher speeds?

Because I would be willing to get a top of the line router for this, because I have serious anger issues when it comes to shooters. I can't explain it, but I rage out to where I want to break things. And I know it is completely insane. But I can't pay for higher speeds, but a better router I would.

I bought a kick ass game router and it improved my play. Bumping my internet package didnt seem to have noticeable effect. Make sure you change default pw tho!

• Directors

PS3 has a gigabit network port, and I highly recommend that you use a hardwired connection with a gigabit router, and even better if you can get a gigabit modem from your ISP. I am one of those lucky ones that have gigabit all the way to the ISP.

PS3 has a gigabit network port, and I highly recommend that you use a hardwired connection with a gigabit router, and even better if you can get a gigabit modem from your ISP. I am one of those lucky ones that have gigabit all the way to the ISP.

So getting a better wireless router won't really make a huge difference? Unless I get a gigabyte router and hardwire my PS3?

And I'm not sure if Comcast offers a gigabyte modem. I could be wrong as I have not called them. I'm just going on some forums I read. But then they start talking in another language and don't know if they do or not. lol

remember one thing irish, and anyone else that is looking into this. you can do everything to upgrtade your speeds. better isp, better router or modem, whatever. but based on the party your in and the speeds of people playing with you, your speed is always going to be based on everyone in the room.

But running with a cheap crappy router definitely is not helping, right? lol

I'm stuck wiuth Comcast due to where I live, but I could hard wire and get a better router.