Private Servers for Consoles Confirmed: FOR BF3

I've been reading today at several places about Battlefield 3 Evolved... Someone has found images of box art for the 3 DLC's coming out. Then they've talked about evolved. They seem to think they are talking about the DLC. I'm not so sure I think they talking about the private servers.

SRC http://mp1st.com/2012/03/09/battlefield-evolved-leaked-more-on-battlefield-3-dlc/

They have already stated on the battlelog that the private servers will be "rent-a-servers". So if you want to be involved in that open up your pocket book. I would, for sure, but one thing I am seeing is complaining about buying a game and then having to purchase things they think should be apart of the game, you guys are in fanasty land.

Not once did I see an inclination by DICE that there will be private servers for the consoles. Also if I am interested I will buy, because the general purpose of the base game that you bought for ~$60 was the single player game and the right to go online without the extra fee. I think they delivered on both those things, other then that they are giving more content.

Sounds like something Zipper needs to look into, or should I say needed. Because the way they have bastardized the SOCOM series they have lost their base.

Maybe Socom Confrontation just spoils me. Im fine with paying for DLC (as long as it is worth the $15) its just making somebody rent a server is just something Im not familiar with. I guess it will be something I have to get used to.

It just sucks cause I barely have enough money to pay my bills and afford a $60 game every 6 months or so since Im just a college student.

$60 is a large amount of money to me so when you add on $15 here and there it really takes a toll.

Maybe Socom Confrontation just spoils me. Im fine with paying for DLC (as long as it is worth the $15) its just making somebody rent a server is just something Im not familiar with. I guess it will be something I have to get used to.

It just sucks cause I barely have enough money to pay my bills and afford a $60 game every 6 months or so since Im just a college student.

$60 is a large amount of money to me so when you add on $15 here and there it really takes a toll.

Than stop buying cod and madden lol.

Na but pretty much I'll pay for my server and I'll probably put a paypall out if anyone wants to chip in and get in on our server. I would like it to be a big server for only clans to visit but we will see.

...In the world where I once existed.

I saw a post today on the BF3 forums where on the maps with jets. People first of all are lined up waiting to fly the jets. And some will grab a tank or jeep and park it in front of the jets so the pilot will have to hit the tank or jeep. Thus causing the jet to be damaged or destroyed so the guys waiting in line don't have to wait so long.

I can't wait for private servers to get away from these idiots.

So I guess they are looking into some sort of subscription service. Goodie.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/ea-exploring-battlefield-subscription-service-6366335

The Battlefield series may one day offer a subscription service. EA Games executive vice president Patrick Soderlund told Venturebeat that the company is exploring such a model for its marquee shooter franchise.

"I think it's fair to say that we're looking at that," he said. "Like all other companies, we're looking at how we can maximize our investment in this, get the most out of our investment, and get more people playing this product. That may take us to different places, but we're not really talking about where that is yet."

EA competitor Activision launched a Call of Duty subscription service, called Call of Duty Elite, last year. A $50 premium annual subscription gives gamers access to all Modern Warfare 3 downloadable content, as well as other perks.

Asked if EA is aiming to take the Call of Duty franchise down with Battlefield, Soderlund said the markets for both games are different and focusing on quality will lead to greater sales for the publisher.

"When it comes to taking Call of Duty down, you know what? I don't look at it like that. We are in this business because we want to make the best possible products," he said. "Call of Duty is a shooter, but it's a different shooter. And I think they have a market; we have a market. I'm fine with what I'm doing. I'm going to continue innovating and doing as best as I can with my teams. Hopefully, that's going to lead us to more units [sold] and more happy consumers."