MAX needs your help.

I got a PS3 on one of the those "I wanna spend a lumpsum of money" impulses.

So here's the problem.

My TV is not HD, and i think this may be the root of my problem. When I play games or DVD's I get this light transparent wave that goes from the bottom to the top of my screen....Continuously. When i play SOCOM i don't mind, cause my eyes are constantly moving about, on dvd's though it is unbearable.

The second problem is my Tv now makes a humming noise, at first i thought it was just the PS3 going to work. But now even watching TV i get the "HUM" noise. If my volume is low enough i don't notice but when its up it becomes amplified. Almost as though the system fried my speakers.

If anyone has info that might help PLEASE let me know. I love PS and i hope i don't have to abandon a brand i have been loyal to for many years.

My tv is a 36" JVC, it might have s video but i never used it.

Guest [OHM]_contract_

did you download the last ps3 update? If so there is a new game option in your main menu. This update makes it possible for you to upgrade the ps2 games to I think 720p. U might have to disable this. Also go to your display settings and switch it to 420i i think or just the standard tv setting. I have a hd tv but it is a CRT so I get that humming to but only on certain settings. Try using ur s-video in as well. Hope that helps.

I experienced this wave with my component hookup on my ps2, & then ps3 once i switched the cables over to it. Mine was a top to bottom roll though. It was the plug end that went into the back of the ps3.  It looks the same on ps2's and ps3's hookups.  I switched over to HDMI and it went away.  Try and hold the plug tight in the back of the ps3(ps3-TV wire) with your hand and see if it makes a difference while holding it.  I got it to go away while doing that, so I knew it was a poor connection there and needed another type of hookup.  The HDMI hookup is the one right next to it on the back of the ps3, no HDTV = no hookup though.  If you analog is messing up.  Try another hookup on the back of the TV as well.  If you can narrow it down, it might be cheaper though.  How old is the TV??  Are there other available hookups??  If you have S-video use it, and just get some analog audio wires to compensate sound as well.  Good luck and I hope this helped some.                                    8)  -STRICK-  8)

for sure the cheapest solution would be to try the s-video.. i had that line on my old tv but i recently bought a 1080p tv and now use HDMI and i have no line at all... i couldnt believe the picture quality difference between composite (which is what comes w/ most consoles/dvd player) to s-video.. trust me it might not solve the line issue.. but you will never go back to composite... the next thing to do would be to research and buy an HDTV for yourself..i had to wait until about 2 months ago and my tv prior to this one was about 10 years old and was very limited in what it did... but back to the s-vid.. you can find cheap ones for around $15 or less and they have ones that go waaaaay up in price.. my advice would be to not spend too much but not buy the cheapest... and really i have no idea if there is any difference in cables...other then price that is... good luck to ya..

_CONTRACT_ ]

did you download the last ps3 update? If so there is a new game option in your main menu.  This update makes it possible for you to upgrade the ps2 games to I think 720p.  U might have to disable this. Also go to your display settings and switch it to 420i i think or just the standard tv setting.  I have a hd tv but it is a CRT so I get that humming to but only on certain settings.  Try using ur s-video in as well.  Hope that helps.

yes i did download. I will try cahniging setting.