Aliens: Colonial Marines Confirmed for February, Watch the New Trailer

In 1986, James Cameron’s Aliens hit theaters, instantly becoming one of the most iconic science fiction movies in cinematic history. This movie was a huge success and was nominated for seven Academy Awards. The film that had so many great elements to it: blistering action, Marine camaraderie, creeping tension, and of course, the xenomorphs.

When people ask me what it is like working on a game based on Aliens, a game that is the <em>actual</em> sequel to the movie Aliens, it is tough to put the experience into words. First of all, “passion†is a key word in the development of this game. The team at Gearbox is very passionate not only about Aliens but storytelling and the game experience. It is so important to all of us to do this game right -- the Aliens franchise deserves an awesome video game. Another key word is “intimidating,†because Aliens is a revered franchise with fans all over the world. I have been lucky enough to show <a href="http://blog.us.playstation.com/tag/aliens-colonial-marines/">Aliens: Colonial Marines</a> to fans at PAX, E3, Gamescom, Igromir and more. And I have found that people all around the world, people of all ages, love Aliens. When fans see our demo they tell me that it’s looking great...but then warn us not to “mess it up.â€

More...

• Directors

Confused... its meant to be Alien, not Aliens, right? Because those are two different movies. Also, did anyone else ever play that arcade video game xenomorphs??