Different styles

I have found out that the competitiveness in video gaming is no different than contact sports.

While watching other clans play and going over how other clans won there battles, I have found a wide variety of personal thoughts on winning.

In football of a high school coach runs the score up a lot of fans will say the coach is showing a lack of class.

Call of Duty has a game mode of domination and if you are holding all three flags you are dominating the opposing team. Since this is the name of the game this is what some clans strive to do. I noticed some clans in a few matches were 8 vs. 5 or 8 vs. 6. I think there are a few clans out there that go in to these types of matches and say let’s hold 2 flags and contain the opposing team in one area. I think having guys that will stick to a plan is admirable.

I know there are several ways of looking at a team that does not show up with enough players and one way is to say they should have brought a full squad. I can say this being short a man or two clan happen to any clan and I try to remember that.

I talked to a coach one time that his team which had over fifty members dressed out for a football game and the opposing team had nineteen players the score after the first quarter was 30 to 0. The second quarter started and he had 3rd and 4th string in. the final score was 30 to 6. The coach told me after the game (it could be me one day). I am all for different styles of play and I am not saying which is better . I am saying that I like to remember that there are real people on that other team that is trying to have fun and I try to respect that. Showing a team good sportsmanship and not taking advantage of a team being short is first class.

Our goal is to win...... And to win the right way, with class.

Our whole ENTIRE plan was to hold 2 spawns and pin our opponents in a spawn. It was well thought out and practiced over and over. And it kinda bothers me that a well executed plan for winning would be thrown in the same catagory as "showing a lack of class". Our first war on Monday was 8 on 6 and we stuck to the plan. Our 2nd war was 8 on 8 and we stuck to the plan. Both wars ended with us getting strong wins and we did it with class "in game" and "after game" in the lobbies.

Please dont confuse my group coming in prepared (having 8 on & well practiced) with "showing a lack of class" after seeing our scores.

Wiz

You should be aware more than any other clan her in me saying you and your clan are first. I did not have any idea about the clan you were in a war with was short. Please do not think I was insinuating anything about your clan. I was talking about any clan that has a plan like we had to hold two flags and would change that plan when they found out the opposing team did not have enough players and would say to the team. Lets take all three and shot them as they spawn up. We at DaRk go in with the intent to hold two and never change from that. If the opposing team is trying to capture one of our two, we will try to capture the other as we are losing one. I know your guys are extremely disciplined in following your leadership skills and I admire that. I am just not for making a game miserable for any team. Usually after any game most people forget about the score rather quickly unless it was totally one sided. Myself I would rather win every match by one point but sometimes things are one sided. I not pointing the finger on right or wrong. I just saying there are some who like to see both sides have fun.

Guest [+30]PuddyTat
WiZ ]

Maybe I did....... I re read it and its still "iffy" on what he's truly trying to say. But then again, its just might be me. I give myself Sundays off from everything (including thinking).

problem is wiz you usually dont start up again till thursday or friday ;D

lol...j/k man