RIOT ACT.....HHMMMM

So, help me understand something. Is RIOT ACT the following tourny to CRUCIBLE 2 ? Like BLACK was for P.O.W. ? If so , why the sudden 25$ entry fee. I thought you had to earn a spot in the TAC MAP TOURNEY. If a clan pays, then they are automaticly accepted? Cause to be honest, I was under the impression there would be a TAC MAP TOURNY after CRUCIBLE 2. Invite only type of deal. And this RIOT ACT is some what of a spontanious , pay to enter tourny, just for the hell of it. Which, I think is perfectly fine, if thats the case. But........I would be some what disappointed if its the following to CRUCIBLE 2. Wouldnt that kind of take away some of the PRESTIGE. Paying for PRESTIGE , instead of EARNING it ? ???

Guest M16Assassin
TIP-TOE ]

So, help me understand something. Is RIOT ACT the following tourny to CRUCIBLE 2 ? Like BLACK was for P.O.W. ? If so , why the sudden 25$ entry fee. I thought you had to earn a spot in the TAC MAP TOURNEY. If a clan pays, then they are automaticly accepted? Cause to be honest, I was under the impression there would be a TAC MAP TOURNY after CRUCIBLE 2. Invite only type of deal. And this RIOT ACT is some what of a spontanious , pay to enter tourny, just for the hell of it. Which, I think is perfectly fine, if thats the case. But........I would be some what disappointed if its the following to CRUCIBLE 2. Wouldnt that kind of take away some of the PRESTIGE. Paying for PRESTIGE , instead of EARNING it ? ???

1. you have to earn or get accepted into the riot act, only 20 clans or so are accepted.

2. 25 pays for the work that goes into the tournament you don't buy a spot.

3. Black was a evaluation tourney to POW as crucible 1 and 2 were evaluations for Riot Act

4. This isn't a "spontanious tournament" we have kinda been waiting for about 7 months now for this

p.s. $25 isn't anything even close to what we should pay for all the work the staff does here.

Thank you, and for the record if any of the STAFF and or CREATORS find this line of questioning offensive, my oppologies. It was not intended for that purpose. I, respectfully , was asking for clarrification. As far as the entry fee, I am cool with that, and yes, I agree with the fact that it is a VERY small price to pay. As ALL of the efforts of the U.F. staff is mainly done out of the LOVE fof the game and the competion it brings, I personaly "TIP" my hat and am thankfull that there is an organisation that can provide this environment such as you all have. Please see my post concerning the SOCOM CONFRONTATION INTERVIEW ON G4. Hope that gives you a better understanding of my apprecciation.

Thanks for answering the questions, guys.

I was a little surprised, not offended, at the questioning....only because I thought we laid it out pretty clearly. LOL

If the newest TACMAP that we put up didn't answer the question of whether or not Riot Act was the new "Tacmap Tourney," then I don't know WHAT was gonna! LOL

And just to clarify, Tip-Toe......

Black didn't "follow" UF: Prisoner of War. If anything, it's the other way around.

Black is the EVALUATION tourney for UF's SOCOM.

Crucible is the EVALUATION tourney for UF's CoD4.

Crucible-X is the EVALUATION tourney for UF's CoD4 for Xbox.

ALL of those are evaluations on clans for their POTENTIAL inclusion into any TACMAP tourneys we provide here at Urgent Fury. As we said in the sign-up section.....JUST BECAUSE your clan is willing to pay $25 for the action of a TACMAP tourney DOESN'T mean you're going to get in. That would do a HUGE disservice to all the other clan in it if we invited a clan we didn't know too much about and they ended up ruining the tourney for everyone else.

We will FIRST send out invites to those who signed up who meet the following criteria:

1: They MUST have completed an evaluation tour of UF here first.

2: They MUST have done so in keeping good standing here within the UF community. Read that as playing all wars respectfully, win or lose, and having good character in-game and on these forums.

3: Must have enough clansmen to potentially go through all 13 weeks so that they do not rob their competition of some really good and intense games.

After that, and if they are invited, then they pay the fee to enter into one HELL of a tourney.

Hopefully that clears some webs for you and also lets you know that just because we've instituted a (long overdue) fee for our tacmap tourneys DOESN'T mean we're sacrificing the quality of the clans IN the tourney.

- TOW

Thanks UNDERTOW, appreciate the effort in CLARIFYING this to me. I understand clearly now, no more DUMB questions. The cob webs are torn down, lol !

Well........I understand how it seemed a little "DUBIOUS" the way I headed it. It caught your attention though. LOL ;D