Civ Rev Strategies/Stories

So I rented this game and im really tempted to buy it since it is so addictive and i love strategy games. So tell me your strategy in how to defeat your enemies. Tell me some crazy stories of your time in taking over the world. Here's mine:

I choose the Mongols as my civilization and i was up against the Egyptians, Indians (Ghandi), Germany, and Romans. I started of as i always do and i create 3 soldier factions so i can create a army. I then use this army to go around and attack the Barbarian and small camps so i can get money and other things. With the mongols a special feature they have is that when you take over a barbarian village it becomes a city. So i took the villages and made them my cities. My main city that i start off with is the one that get all the upgrades and researches most of the wonders. I then made one of my other cities like a army city, where it only makes soldiers so i can expand. The first building i make for all my cities is a wall which significantly gives you an advantage when u get attacked. In the beginning i create arrow armies so they can defend each base. All my bases have at least one army defending it. I had just got this one city but then the indians took it over. I then took it back and put a arrow army in defense and put up a wall asap. but then the indians and germans ganged up on me and tried to attack this one city. Now my game is so laggy and choppy, nothing would respond, there was about 30 battalions of soldiers surrounding my city. They kept on attacking every turn but i would defeat them so my army upgraded. I will finish my story later cause its long.

i have played all the older versions of civilizations and i have to go for the germans if you want to win around the middle of the game or late stages, if you want to win earlier go for like the romans, greeks, egyptians and so on and if you want to win, at the very end, very end like 2200 kinda years go for the americans.