ps3 question

I just bought a ps3. I have been on vacation the last two weeks so I have yet to try to get logged on in a hotel. With my ps2 I needed a wireless gaming adaptor, The ps3 should pretty much be plug and play right?I am pretty sure I shouldn't have to change any setting as I play on a big tube TV at home. When I used the wireless adaptor for my ps2, the only trouble I ever had was occasionally I had to call the internet company and have them manually authenticate my IP address. That also shouldn't be an issue for the ps3 correct?

You won't need the wireless adapter on the PS3, unless you got the OLD 20gb models. When you set up the TV on your big tube at your house, hold the power button in front of the disc entrance for about 10 seconds, or until 2 beeps. This resets your PS3 to its default settings and automatically recognizes your TV's resolution and what cables your using.

46_and_2 ]

I just bought a ps3. I have been on vacation the last two weeks so I have yet to try to get logged on in a hotel. With my ps2 I needed a wireless gaming adaptor, The ps3 should pretty much be plug and play right?I am pretty sure I shouldn't have to change any setting as I play on a big tube TV at home. When I used the wireless adaptor for my ps2, the only trouble I ever had was occasionally I had to call the internet company and have them manually authenticate my IP address. That also shouldn't be an issue for the ps3 correct?

Are you not talking about the wireless between the PS3 and your router?

If so, you should be able to configure the settings within the PS3 GUI itself. But yes, you can use a wireless network adapter (built in already) to connect your PS3 to your router. Although they will work, they are not ideal. Wireless laptops are one thing, you are generally only going page to page, and your connection being lost for a second or two won't even be noticeable. When you are using a PS3 though, and trying to play something online, there is a constant stream of data going back and forth, and one second of connection issues with your wireless adapter may not be noticeable to you, but I'll cuss you out for lagging all over me.

As for your IP address, which ISP do you use? I work for a very big one and can help with almost any connection / networking questions you have.

We have a Technical Support board at http://www.roguesevenclan.com if you (or anyone) needs help with something.