Web Hosting Question

A couple buddies and I recently decided to start a local airsoft team and I volunteered to design a website. The site is coming along very nicely and I want to get it live as soon as possible. My question is whether anyone here knows of a place that could host my site for free or at bare minimal cost. Ads are not a problem and I do intend on purchasing a domain name. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Where you register your domain may also provide a small space free for hosting. Register.com for example will give you some free space but your site will have their banner at the bottom of it.

There are some really good inexpensive hosting sites. westhost.com for example can host a personal site for a very reasonable price. Also almost everyone gets a bit of space free from their IP providers for stuff like personal web pages.. check your IP provider to see if your package already includes a personal web site which you aren't even using. And you could always blog it for free.

I use a few different hosts..

Godaddy.com

ImHosted.com

Scriptedmotion.com

1and1.com

They are all mainstream hosts that offer competitive prices.. They all offer the latest Cpanel options and all the goodies that hosts come w/ . I have noticed Godaddy likes to charge for just about every extra feature you get.. but all in all they are all great hosts that are reliable and quick to help when you need it. They are all under $10 a month for decent plans. Domains i would register through Yahoo.com. The first year you register its $2.99. The next year will be like 10... followed by year 3 being 14.99. It all evens out.. however if next year you find that you dont need the domain or site.. you will have saved a few $$$$..

Anyways i would be happy to answer any other questions .. or offer more help if you need it elsewhere.